FM2006 details!

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by act smiley, May 9, 2005.

1. act smiley

act smiley Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Cardiff
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Looks really tasty with the team-talks etc, www.sigames.com have an article about it all.

2. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Superb. :D

Roll on the research...

3. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be so much fun playing as ManU in FM06. I've never seen a club with 300m debts. :D

4. lex fg

lex fg Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Nairobi / Manchester
    Ha

5. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cannon again :)

6. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It should be intersting to see how they set up Man Utd in this new games. Any news on when it is coming out btw?

7. Rewinder

Rewinder Member+

Jun 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well with chelsea now having 2 full squads, you would never need to worry about tired players or injuries. I wonder if you will be able to keep them all as happy in the game as they are in real life.

8. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "happiness through wages" factor is one section that previous FM games missed. Maybe Chelsea will force them to add/tweak it.

9. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Basically they have tweaked the training section (which is good), that needed to be bolstered a bit more and be a bit more user-friendly for the Football manager newb.

They have upped manager AI. So players and managers can fall out, and / or a player's attitude can quickly change pace.

Ref Stats are good. This will help in your tatics. If he is soft, you could set your players to hard tackling and try and test his patience as it were...

What, I would like to see however, is going a step beyond...and bringing realism to a whole new level...

* Match-postponments (hardly ever happens now, but used to...)
    * Match-abandonments (for whatever reason, rowdy fans, weather...)
    * Players failing drug tests and getting bans (a la Rio)
    * Players getting lenghty bans for violent conduct (a la Cantona) - which did happen once in a blue moon on the old CM games.
    * More freaky and realistic weather patterns (see no 1.) Before I installed a Russian patch. Games in Moscow would be 6C in November! :eek:
    * Players going AWOL (does this still happen after CM4?)

The half-time team talks should be fun. I like the idea of being able to bollock your players after being down 2-0 down at HT. This should also help shape your manager character.

I want the media thing to be expanded on too. I think the "pyschological war-games" was a good thing - but could and maybe should be incorporated into a post-match press conference.

Basically, you should be able to load up a screen, and get questions fired at you. And the responses you give, shape your manager style and how the players and opposition view you. So, you could come out and defend your players at all costs, like Wenger or you could blame the ref continually like Allardyce and get fined by the FA, making lots of enemies.

If you talk badly of a player he will get upset and conversley be happy when you praise his hat-trick against Chelsea...

How cool would that be?

I like the idea of beating Manchester United at Old Trafford and sitting there, with a beaming smile prasiing my players whilst scoffing at Man Utd in front of a press junket.

10. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm actually not a big fan of the new training system. It is too dumbed down and moves that section of the game in an unrealistic direction. Much better systems were suggested on SI's forums and early on it looked like they were likely going to make it into FM06 but then the new system was revealed which included few of the features.

They have upped manager-player interaction from nearly zero (fines, public criticism, and dropping to the reserves/youths) to greater ability to interact and "explain" your actions/plans. We'll see how well this is implemented. Much of the current hype sounds a lot like the grandiose stuff we heard about the amazing mind game feature. Of course most of that stuff never ended up in the final version.

I'd also like stuff like crowd problems, off field issues, etc in the game but it'll never happen. SI has said that "for legal reasons" that type of stuff will never be in FM. Oh well. How can you understand playing the Milan derby without the crowd factor? Guys like Rooney, Mutu, etc. have little downside because their off the field problems don't exist and the only part of a bad temper that is a greater chance of getting carded. A situation like we saw with Rooney in Spain would never occur in FM. I won't even mention Barton. BTW, players still go AWOl just not that often which I think is a good thing because it got silly in CM4.

I hope so. Right now it looks like a chore where you look at the ingame rating, find the lowest number, yell at him, find the highest and praise him, repeat. :rolleyes:

In the beta-tester forums, I've requested that feature numerous times. Still no word on whether it'll make it. It did get pretty widespread support but I don't think any SI guy said anything about it.

11. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    It took me ages, and I mean ages to get the thing going properly on the last game. You can do a half-arsed job on FM2005 and pretty much improve you players. But if you focus on it intensively, your player's stats will shoot up.

I would have prefered a user-friendlier version (especilaly in regard to training youth team players.) But I would have liked more depth and analysis of the training. I.e, a full report on the training, and how my player fared in each seperate session.

That's a shame, but it would maybe make the game, too realistic... :eek:

Not so...

Say if you player has had a stormer and you praise him, he could become complacent and start thinking that the job is done as it were...

Conversely if you tell a player that he is doing a rubbish job, then he might just break down and play even worse.

I think this feature is to be taken with a pinch of salt me thinks.

12. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Any chance they'll finally get the World Cup groups seeded right? Nothing annoys me more than seeing three Euro teams in one group, and it's that kind of stupid stuff that makes me not wanna play it.

13. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hmmmm.

Must have been a bug...

Did you download the latest patch? I've never had a problem with that...

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  15. NASL Fan

NASL Fan Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Los Angeles, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know how many leagues FM 2006 will have and if they've resolved the licensing issue that kept out the J-League?

16. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

i rarely ever give praise, and usually only to my keeper, someone who is worried that i will replace him when i actually have no such plans or young kids

however, if i sense a losing streak beginning, i will blast 3 or 4 guys, usually stars

17. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Can't wait to play this game...

I just want it now. :mad: :D

I like the little bench on the game engine.