Flatfoot

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by yetanotherkim, Aug 8, 2002.

1. yetanotherkim

yetanotherkim New Member

Dec 15, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    I burst into laughter when I was reading the following passage from Matsu's Rising Sun:

However, in the 57 minute, Teruaki Kurobe collected a pass just above the circle over the penalty box, and sent a slant pass that sliced like a surgical instrument through the flat-footed Tokyo defence and found Park Ji-Sung cutting towards net. Park fired a first-time shot that slipped into the low left corner, and Kyoto were in the lead.

The reason was, Park Ji-sung had actually been found to be "medically flatfooted" when a doctor examined him recently!

The doctor was astonished that Park could run like he does with such a "disability" b/c normal people with such conditions would have a hard time just walking long distances.

Anyway, thanks, Matsu, again for a great article, despite your hectic schedule! ;)

2. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Eusebio was also flatfooted.

Flatfooted ppl are handicapped to run. But Eusebio and Park overcame that handicap through relentless training.

3. Ronaldo13

Ronaldo13 New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    NY
    i'm flatfooted too....but i don't have the problems most people that are flatfooted have....i can run and walk long distances without pain....i do have to wear special insoles in my shoes....but that's about it