Flash 2015-2016 Off Season

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by CoachJon, Oct 20, 2015.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. WNYChelseaFan

WNYChelseaFan Member

Apr 5, 2014
    NY
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  3. WWC_Movement

WWC_Movement Red Card

Dec 10, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Papua New Guinea
    In other news, WNY traded Abby Dahlkemper to the Boston Breakers for an Angela Hucles wristband.
    The salary dump continues.

4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Except Boston would never go for it, as that's too much in their favor.

CoachJon repped this.
  5. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday I filled out the Flash on-line survey sent to season ticket holders via email. The survey asked for feedback on the game day experience, use of social media and on marketing. I was quite blunt about the lack of marketing: severe lack of newspaper print and online ads, no drive time radio presence and ineffective and scarce TV commercials. No feedback was asked about the team itself - which is OK, because Devo said it all in his article.

On the positive side, I ordered my Flash 2016 season tickets today and put snow tires on my car - both things made me quite happy. .....kinda like a squirrel burying acorns for the winter....

holden, BlueCrimson and Blaze20 repped this.
  6. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    whoa!

putting snow tires on your car made you happy?

...some people's brains work very weirdly.

...any wonder we can disagree so heatedly on bs? :)

7. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup a) I have snow tires; not to mention: a car; b) I’m ready for that first storm of the season; c)As a Procrastinator from Birth (a week late)- this is one time I did not succumb.:D

:ROFLMAO: Hey, I resemble that remark!

We Rant because we care. :laugh:

8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Putting snow tires on my car would make me incredibly happy, but then again I drive a Subaru and live in Los Angeles so I'm not exactly a normal case. I can understand people who get snow every winter would be not so excited about it.

9. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Putting snow tires on the car means being that much closer to the next NWSL season.:thumbsup:

Gilmoy, CoachJon and holden repped this.
  10. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BlueCrimson repped this.
  11. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Saturday's WHTK "Kick this" radio (http://www.kickthis.com/kickthis/):
    • Flash Genl Mgr Rich Randall announced he had flown to Columbia and re-signed Lady Andrade for 2016.
    • He went to the NWSL/USSoccer meeting in Chicago. Ellis was there and he said he got some 1 on 1 time with her.Gulati was not there; however "USSoccer is more committed than ever."
    • He promoted the fact that Hinkle and Mewis are getting caps and time with the senior team and mentioned that one of our young center backs ("I don't want to jinx it") should see some time with the Nats in a couple of months.
    • He said The Flash will have some additional exhibition games we have never done before.
    Big promotion for season tickets from Soccer Sam, host of "Kick This," and owner of Salvatore's Pizza: Starting on Small Business Saturday through Christmas anyone buying season tickets, will get 'free pizza for a year' - gift cards valued at $200.00 from Salvatore's.
    http://www.salvatores.com/

Kudos to Soccer Sam.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  12. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I would pay to get some 1 on 1 time with Ellis :D

13. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .........and I actually changed "private" to "1 on 1" to avoid innuendo......

14. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    It's a piece of my mind I like to give her.

15. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    dahlkemper?

even tho wny played her out of position a lot?

loved her coming out of ucla, but i'd say her buddy oyster deserves the callup more.

...or is ellis calling abby up as one of many holiday replacement trials?

16. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    It will make sense that if Ellis is looking to take a young centerback to Rio that she will look at Dahlkemper who have NWSL experience and W-League experience.

17. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Probably referring to the January camp call ups. And while I have no problem calling anyone into camp including Dahlkemper I just feel the whole system undermines the NWSL. Id love to see who the NWSL coaches would send to NT camp if the decision was up to them.

18. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Unless she knows Rampone isnt going, I really dont get the excitement over any CB at this point. She has four with full contracts and including taking one in an alternate spot it's hard to believe it wont be those four unless she is serious about moving Sauerbrunn up.

19. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Engen and Taylor gone, I figure Lines has already slotted Dahlkemper in at center back with Erceg; unless Ellis is whispering in his ear to play her at Dmid. I doubt Abby Dahlkemper will make the Olympic roster of 18; I sure would like to see her in the January camp, and maybe in a friendly in 2016.

20. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I'm easily excitable.

CoachJon repped this.
  21. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    how? because she's not calling up our favorites? or because she's not calling them up in the order we want?

would be interesting....

...but also a good reason why there's only one head coach.

22. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    aren't you the one who complains about "what happens if ...gets injured"?

well what happens if... and ... and ... get injured? i'm excited that we seem to be growing good cbs on trees.

cmids? not so much.

23. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    I dont see her calling up the NWSL players I despise either :). Well Ellis would still pick the team. Why is she more capable of deciding which new players should be called in than the coaches who work with them every day for 6 months?

24. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nope, injuries happen and I dont think about them too much. Im the one always complaining about players working their tail off for two years then getting cut as part of an agenda.

25. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    obviously because ussoccer deemed her the best and thus gave her the job. I'm sure they all suggest their players, but she picks the roster.

are you recommending that nwsl coaches pick the wnt players?