FLAC to MP3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by monster, Nov 14, 2004.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just started trying to bittorrent stuff and need some help. I have a concert that is in all FLAC and I need to convert it to MP3. What utility should I use?

2. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    You'll need the FLAC codec and the FLAC Utility to uncompress to wav. I haven't seen anything that converts straight from FLAC to mp3. But if you have the FLAC codec, you can play all the files on your computer. I don't see much reason to convert unless you want to play the files on an iPod or something.

FLAC codec main page
    http://flac.sourceforge.net/

3. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks.

I would like to burn it on a disc, which is why I was thinking MP3. I'm an idiot on these kinds of things so I don't know.

4. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    if you just use the utility that's on the page I linked, you'll end up with a .wav, which is better to burn a CD from than MP3. Wav's are uncompressed, so you shouldn't get any loss of quality, which is why FLAC and oog are getting popular (although I can't tell a difference between FLAC and an MP3 encoded at 192kbps/sec. myself)

5. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for your help. Once I decoded one set, I saw that. If these damn concerts didn't take so long to download now. :(

6. CarlaEllis

CarlaEllis New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With the help of the Easy FLAC to MP3 conversion tool, users can make all split parts of a source file trim per a standard, and also can convert all split parts to MP3, MP2 and WAV.

flac to mp3 software

7. beckham22

beckham22 New Member

Oct 4, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC