FK Bodø/Glimt vs The Arsenal (UEL) 13 Oct 2022

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by And_ROOS, Oct 11, 2022.

1. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, guys. Let's leave it. Thanks.

daedalus repped this.
  2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Compared to the person I was speaking with, I actually thought that was much closer to the high-road! And comparatively concise I thought. The rest of that post (80%) was a civit debate about Sambi... and the 80/20 balance seemed about right to me. Anyway, good to know you're a high-road guru... I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking for behavior to emulate.

3. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I missed this before my last post

4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I ever say he received the ball from the defense? He won the ball off a Bodo player and I gave him credit for that. Then he coughed it up, which is where my critical focus was.

I want my players, especially defensive ones, to be better/quicker/safer in those situations. I also really value players who are quick to release the ball, before they're under too much close pressure. And since Sambi hasn't really excelled at that, it makes me more nervous and questioning if he's ready to be our guy if/when Partey is gone.

IF he can be that guy, he needs develop. On that we seem to agree. But I'm not psyched about doing that with us now... learning by mistakes... especially this season when we've put ourselves in such an amazing position in the league.

I think he might've done well on loan this season, but since he hasn't, then I'd just like him to tighten up his game to take less risks in risky situations like the one tonight near our box, or when there's thin cover to stop a break on a turnover.

Martinelli is a forward so I don't think he's a good comp for Lokonga in this respect.

Saliba's a better comp. I don't know how many mistakes he made in his first loan season, but in his last 1-2 seasons in France it sounded like he was nothing but good, i.e. he'd already learned his trade. And thus he's become an automatic starter for us... one of the transformational new pieces this year.

5. Deep Wilcox

Deep Wilcox BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Appreciate you moderating. FYI: I don't always see "eye to eye" with NB, Tonerl, or Dead, but I find their opinions interesting and informed. My opinion is that this board is well moderated. Thanks

6. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that's awesome.