First thread

Discussion in '"US Supporters" Supporters Club' started by geordienation, Jun 22, 2004.

1. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada
    Australia
    New Zealand

Just to name a few nations in which citizens or the equivalent of permanent residents root for a different team or an additional team to that of the one they were born/live in.

Whenever Peru, Paraguay or Bolivia play against Argentina in Argentina, there is a substantial support for them. Take a stab as to why.

Report back here when you come up with an answer. I'm thinking your response will be shorter than your previous one.

Anything else?

2. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nice to have a person who knows it all. but i'll stab anyway. notice words "as much" in other countries. not saying it doesn't heppen but we happen to have every nationality in the whole world between our borders. I won't say never because that might get you REALLY MAD but i would venture a guess that no other countries plays a HOME game with the majority of its fans cheering for the away team. So Sorry master that i think people in this country should cheer for the US. What an awful patriot I am. Would those same people cheer fot Italy in hockey when they play the US in hockey. NO WAY. I will grant you that it Will take time to get more of a fan base but don't fault me for being faithful to my own country

3. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Travelling supporters putting together a trip for a meaingful game against a major regional opponent.

Or it might have to do with the transient migratory workers from dirt poor countries working temporarily in a country with a slightly better economic situation.

We deal with both here. Personally, my problem isn't with the number of fans supporting the "away" team at US matches, it's the number of US fans who can't be assed to drag their butts to a home game that's within 500 miles of their house.

4. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're misdirecting your anger/frustration at fans who've made the choice already instead of going to other people who have yet to care about the US national team, tuff guy. Mad? Hardly, just a bit annoyed that posters such as yourself have been going like a broken record since 1996 on this message board, pissed off why some Italian/Mexican/Irish/Polish/whatever ain't supporting the USA over wherever. I'm faithful to the USA Soccer cause too, but I don't try to impose on others cuz they've already made their damn choice. Enough already, are you Flannigan's cousin? Jesus H. F*****g Christ.

We have a winner, happens the world over, doesn't it?

That's the most important problem, conversion of newbies, not converting those who've made their choice in terms of national team.

The faster people deal with that, the better. Apparently, some haven't gotten there yet, and it seems that they never will. Shame.

5. kylesoccer

kylesoccer New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    far enough i'll go after the people that haven't decided yet. trying to get the local youth team/high school players to become US fans. Is that better?(no sarcasm intended) glad you can read that is says i joined in 2004(sarcasm well intended)