First lady: Turn off TVs on 9/11

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by el_urchinio, Sep 9, 2002.

1. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
  2. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    That's spoiled, lying, fraud-committing teenage alcoholics...

3. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah and their dad was an alcoholic as well.

Anyway, it's not like they're the first college students to drink.

4. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And mr Bush likes to snort some white gold. Nobody's perfect eh? Well.. mr Bush is FAR from perfect but you know what I mean.

5. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    oh come off the whole teenage alcholics thing.

that so rediculously weak. you can't control the choices your children are going to make.

5 bucks says you're an effing moron 95% of the time but you still give people advice.

:rolleyes: this thread should be closed due to sheer stupidity.

6. Daksims

Daksims New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Colorado
    And I suppose no one on this thread has ever had had a drink.

7. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    further more....

Laura Bush is one of the best 1st ladies we've had in years. she does the job right.

she isn't playing the hillary clinton-"my own agenda" game in which we watched hillary ignore her responsibilties in order to lock up a senatorial spot. (hillary was and is a class-less individual who makes me deplore the state of NY even more for putting her into office)

Laura makes excellent points concerning the safety and wellbeing of children. reassure them and don't put things in their faces that won't make them feel comfortable.

where lies the irony in that? i see none. again. close this thread.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a native New Yorker, I am just as disgusted of having Billary Clinton as our Senator. If it were up to us upstaters we wouldn't have her as Senator. It was the people from the NYC area that pushed her numbers over the edge, that and the votes she bought.

A lot of people upstate despise her and then there are those who love her because of her celebrity status. She's done nothing for upstate NY and the ONLY time she ever visits her is when there's a fundraiser. A local paper did a story about her visiting the Broome County area and they stated that the 7 times she's been here, 6 were for fundraisers. The other was for a photo-op/"town hall" for a new plant that opened in the area.

9. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Oh, and Laura Bush killed a couple of people when she was a teenager.

Other than that, she's a real freaking role model.

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    That is a non-issue today, Dan. She does have a limo driver now.

11. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    dan loney.

you just lost major credit points in my book.

you'd be a great writer for weekly world news.

what dan is trying to say is.

"When she was 17, she was involved in a fatal accident, driving through a stop sign and hitting a car operated by a high school friend. He died. She refers to it as ''a very tragic time in my life.'' No charges were brought. "

sounds like intentional murder to me! :rolleyes:

laura's commitment to children comes from her background as a education major who worked as a librarian.

much of her time spent so far as the first lady has been in stressing the importance of early education seeing as our early educational system has become more lax as time passes.

oh my god! i actually educated myself! in refence to politics to!

12. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dan never used the term "murder". He says she killed them, which is technically true.
    Beyond that, she's right, but for the wrong reasons. She should be telling America to turn off their TVs all the time.

13. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Except for soccer games.

14. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i apologise for the incorrect word association.

however there was no them. it was one person. which there in lied the first problem with his statement. that being it was inflamatory and loosly based on the truth.

the amusing part is he flames other people for being what else but inflamatory and baseing facts loosly on the truth.

hypocracy is a beautiful thing now a days i guess.

but to being a hypocrite and a flaming liberal tend to go hand in hand now adays :rolleyes:

15. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    I prefer my liberals boiled with sage and lemon juice.

16. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    after they've been boiled or do you want it to sit in the water?

have you tried it both ways and determined any difference?

17. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Uh huh. And if Hillary had decided she was above mere traffic laws as a girl, I'm sure we never would have heard about it from the obsessed, hateful right wing.

For years, the far right charged Bill and/or Hillary with murdering Vince Foster. So where's the outrage over a real Bush body count? Hm?

Heard that Dick Cheney is a real party animal behind the wheel, too.

Oh, and when do we charge Dubya for desertion? It's about the rule of law, innit?

18. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't like her then why do you want her to come to Binghamton? What do you want her to do there? Have a steak at What's Your Beef or a few beers at The Sportsman? Would that make you like her?

Showing up for photo-ops is exactly what politicians do. It isn't anything unique to Hillary.

Murf

19. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    i'm fully aware that W played model airplanes during war. what that has to do with you "guessing" about something that happened years ago is beyond me.

also i never brought up anything about vince foster. what point youre trying to make there is irrelevant.

the point is good sir. you took a piss in the wind.

what someone did while in high school is a real good water mark for what level you should respect them now. she is an intelligent woman who made something out of her life. because of that she is allowed to be a role model. if you don't want your kids to look up to her that is your business. but your logic in this situation is terribly flawed.

you made a huge mistake in your claims. admit it and be done with it.

20. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I agree you were making a good point, then you had to go ahead and do the same thing your critising in the statement above.

21. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    good point.

i guess i'm just sick of all the ill founded comments being thrown around on here lately. and when someone really drops the ball you sort of open up on them.

i'm very middle of the road and don't like to take sides but when someone just says something rediculous i'm going to defend the other side.

i used to be very liberal until i decided that to really get ahead and understand how things work you have to swallow your pride sometimes.

i never had answers to things i had problems with. that's when i decided i should shut up and not complain about things i couldn't help fix. i just wish more people would think about that.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is "hypocracy?" Is it rule by hippos? Oh, wait, I think I've got it. It's rule by people who use intravenous drugs (hypodermic needles.)
    heh heh heh

I do think this thread is a real cheap shot. I'd feel really bad about that if not for the innumerable cheap shots, much cheaper cheap shots, that the Clintons endured. So I only feel a little bad.

23. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    ahh grammar smack on a politics thread...

the true sign of desperation and a poor attempt at the last word :D

24. Nate505

Nate505 Member

Feb 10, 2002
    Colorado
    Oh my God!!!! They drunk beer at 19!!!! That must make them full blown teenage alcoholics.........I didn't realize this place was filled with a bunch of moralistic teetollers who never drank beer when they were 19.

25. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    As much as I hate Hillary, upstate New York still voted more in favor of her over Lazio so blaming NYC is a waste of time. However, Lazio did not run a good campaign and well, most New Yorkers simply love Hillary because they are ultra liberal anyway.
    That being said, Laura Bush is a much classier person than Hillary Clinton.