Fire's 9/7 match sold out

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by jmeissen0, Sep 1, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
  2. photar74

photar74 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    West Philly
  3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    yes. 4th of the season

4. skeeinfree

skeeinfree New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Southern California
    are they able to add any more seats for next year and bump up the seating to 20,000?

5. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    i'm rather doubtful on that... essentially all they have left are the four corners... and i don't think throwing those in would be the easiest things in the world

6. NACIONAL

NACIONAL New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    Medellin, Colombia

How about increasing the capacities in the end zone, or there isnot space for that???

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Space isn't the issue. There's space enough for 20,000.

The only issue are the restrictions North Central College and the City of Naperville place on capacity, which are unlikely to change. Also, the college's track season may have an impact next year on a change of capacity during the season much like it does this year.

Also, the capacity will be reduced by about 2000 for the remaider of the year including playoffs so that there is room for the football field.

8. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    bump

tickets are now being sold on ebay, check the thread i linked to in the first post for more details (fire ticket exchange)

-jim

9. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The view of Naperville sold out is spectacular. It seems obvious that the smaller venues are the way to go. Just the fact that MLS tix are being sold on ebay due to the game selling our makes me happy,... and I hate the Fire :D Good job Chicago. I hope you kick dat ass.

TS.

10. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Great job Chicago Fire fans!

11. kenosha

kenosha New Member

Sep 19, 2001
    West Vancouver, BC
    Small is good for soccer

Couldn't agree more. This gives the team credibility. A sold stadium with 15-17K gives the event legitamacy versus 20K in a 77K stadium, which looks like a loser event. Net/net: empty stadium doesn't excite sponsors or the media, sell outs do.

12. kenosha

kenosha New Member

Sep 19, 2001
    West Vancouver, BC
    One more question

If the Fire built a stadium along the highway running E-W from Chicago and it had 22-25K seats, would it be a reasonable solution for the long run?

I'd rather the team be in down town, but if you could fill a stadium regularly in the 'burbs and control dates and revenue, it would be a better business solution.

13. FootyMundo

FootyMundo New Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Minneapolis
    Kenosha:

Bingo. I think they should build it on 88 between 294 and 355. Problem is I doubt there is ANY land to be had in that vicinity.

14. fatboy15

fatboy15 New Member

Mar 31, 2000
    LaPorte, IN, USA
    Why not put it on 294? Its been a month or two since I took the drive, and didn't really pay much attention, but I seem to remember plenty of open space within 40 minutes or so of 88.

15. NYfutbolfan

NYfutbolfan Member

Dec 17, 2000
    LI, NY
    Props to the Fire fans!! Way to support your side.

Though, you know, I hope you lose.............but good job putting those butts in the seats.