PBP: Fire X Now!

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by ElNaranja, Feb 4, 2020.

1. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    In response, we can talk about how Tab, Matt, Walker, etc should be fired and track the inevitability (or lack thereof) is coming along.

Note player movement is a separate topic as they aren't fired. Coaches and management, though....

I say were fire Pablo because he is coming without his mustache and that just can't be allowed. We have standards here.

2. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why another thread? 2 is too many for this board ...

3. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    Limit certain insanity to certain threads? This way all the hate towards Matt and Tab and so on can be dumped here.

4. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While the activity on this board is not enough for more than one thread — the hate towards Matt (and probably soon to be Tab) far exceeds what will fit into only one thread.

nbrooks503 and ElNaranja repped this.
  5. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    If we had mods, they'd be able to wrangle that. But this is the Wild West so...c'est la vie

6. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have any hate toward Jordan or the new coach - they are limited in what they can accomplish by budget. I don't even have hate toward ownership, they have the absolute right to run their business as they see fit.

I do however have disgust for the promoters of the plan, the Baghdad Bobs of the organization who parrot the talking points.

7. Dynam0

Dynam0 Member

Arsenal
    Feb 3, 2018
    Houston, Texas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Panama
    Nigel

I don’t hate anybody either. I just don’t like to be presented with alternative facts or doublespeak or insincerity.

8. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    I dont hate Jordan so much as the job he has done and blown away he is still here. Nice guy to talk to and I'd have a beer with him. But I dont want him managing this team.

Varus repped this.
  9. Varus

Varus Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Echo this sentiment. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but I don't understand why he's still around. One playoff appearance in five seasons and on his third full-time coach and fifth overall coach.

10. DonJuego

DonJuego Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I actually do not think owners of professional sports teams have the right to run their business anyway they want. The reason is that it is not an open market. If I don't like the way a baker runs his shop I can stand up my own bakery next door and compete with him. That is not an option. We know there will be only one MLS team in Houston. There will be only one Div 1 soccer league in the US: MLS. We use public resources to help the team with a stadium, etc. We rally fans and businesses to support the team. The Dynamo are a civic resource and I view Brener as a stewerd of that resource. He is not a regular business owner with the right to do whatever he wants.

No one is asking Brener to lose money. But he has an obligation to run his business in a manner that serves the interest of the community in which he is making that money by managing a community asset -- our city's only Div 1 pro soccer team. He does not have the right to sit back and let this team wither away as an irrelevant also ran with horrific attendance all to maximize his short-term profit. It puts the community asset at risk and doesn't maximize it. If he can't compete -- he has to put the team on the auction block and sell it to the first potential owner that meets contemporary MLS ownership standards (that excludes him btw) at the best price they will give him. And this obligation should be enforced by Garber and MLS -- just like they did with Vergara and Chivas USA.

Lets be clear -- this obligation on him is because he owns a public subsidized monopoly. Everything I said is consistent with capitalism. It would all be different if we structured our footy the English way with open leagues and pro-rel, etc. And I'm not calling for that. I'm calling for Garber to step up and address the mess Garber made when he forced AEG to sell the Dynamo to an owner who is not in the same league as the other owners in MLS.

Finally -- if Brener wants to prove my wrong -- then I'm 1000% behind him. I'd love to see Brener succeed. But he has to do right by Houston.

Danwoods and Ethos repped this.
  11. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well stated Don!
    Your words are on point and not sugar coating a core issue our club faces, our owner faces, as MLS is booming. Certainly in that just in our Southern States region alone, there are owners like Mr. Blank and Bex and Co. and what Austin appears to be setting up in our own STATE! It is about the money but as well is IS ABOUT the marketing and the appearance given off that starts from the very echelon up top that drives this 25 year old sports league!
    Our city should be leaders in MLS not rounding out the table. On all fronts! As the old saying goes, "where there is a will to make money, there is a way"

Ethos repped this.
  12. Ethos

Ethos Member+

Houston Dynamo
    Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Well stated, I agree.