Fire Tim Bezbatchenko

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by hangthadj, Feb 4, 2022.

1. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the answer to your question is yes - KB is running the non-soccer side of the business, but still reports to Bez.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  2. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Well that should help going forward.

3. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    The non-soccer side of things has mostly gone well this year. It's the soccer side of the operation that has struggled despite ample resources.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  4. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Yeah well we had limitations with COVID and then the heavy workload on Bez. I’m just hoping if Bez isn’t fired with Porter that he will do better. I’m not here to make excuses for Bez the roster outside of Cucho & LZ is a disaster.

5. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She was hired in February.

6. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, attendance has been good and they're doing good work to undo the damage of the Patrice Era.

Otherwise: I'd say the non-soccer side is facing its share of opportunities.

TRUJDUB21 repped this.
  7. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Bez :

“As part of our evaluation, we believe that we have a talented core of our roster in place and felt we needed to make a change this offseason as we position ourselves for success in 2023 and beyond.”

I disagree with this statement

8. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’m surprised to hear you think that.

west ham sandwich and ColumbusFTW repped this.
  9. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    How talented is this core we have ?

10. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good enough to make the playoffs with a real coach.

Good enough to win a championship two years ago and be everyones pick to repeat the following year.

This isn’t a non-playoff roster, plan and simple.

If you wanna disagree, thats fine, I’m not gonna go round and round with you over this again.

11. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire Bez?

The guy who landed us Yeboah, Igbekeme, and Degenek this year?

Yes, I left Cucho out on purpose.

12. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good enough that if our coach didn't mentally collapse at the 75' mark we would have been in Shield contention this year.

Kryptonite repped this.
  13. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    What about molino and Nagbe contracts ???

14. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    A lot of it was the players not performing he didn’t make the errors they did

15. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please. Chelsea fired a coach and then won the CL with the same players.

To say coaching has nothing to do with it is stupid.

Kyle Crew repped this.
  16. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I never said that , i blame Porter too and don’t want him here.

Players , Coach , coaches ,GM and scouts are all to blame. But I will definitely argue about who gets the lions share of blame.

I just don’t want to see the next coach fail as we continue to poorly construct the roster. Hopefully Bez rectifying the roster failures by getting rid of some of these guys and shows actual accountability. Keeping Molino and Nagbe as a DP would mean he is in denial.

17. stanger

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This roster was good enough to be in position to piss away a record number of points late, it’s not like we were getting blown out every weekend.

We need a LB, we need a CB.

Mostly we need a coach that will allow our players to actually play.

18. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Issa Tall & Bez and whoever else scouts have failed on how many wingers ? Ettiene Jr is the best winger we have gotten in 4 years and he was a young developmental player

19. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You assume only Bez was involved in picking players. Not how it works. Wrong, again.

20. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that something you've learned via your insider connections? Not that I question your sources, only that it's not been presented that way publicly and I have a bizarre personal and semi-professional interest in the organizational structures of businesses.

The reasons I've assumed that KZ does not report to Bez are basically twofold:

- The announcement about her hiring (https://www.columbuscrew.com/news/h...ernert-president-of-business-operations-for-t) had quotes from Bez, of course, but Jimmy and Dee were presented as the decision-makers. The wording of the press release seemed telling (to me, anyway):

Phrases like "communication and collaboration with" and "alongside an incredible teammate in Bez" don't imply much of a hierarchy.

- The organizational structure and titles used by the FO specifically changed when KB was hired. The team now has two presidents:

That was never the case before. Bez was the only president, with various vice-presidents clearly subordinate to him.

Maybe Bez is President of All Things and she's only President of Business Ops. Except that this is s zero sum game at one level; Bez was first hired to be president of both the soccer and business sides of the club, and that is clearly no longer the case. Maybe Bez is first among equals, approves her vacation requests in the HR system, etc. But I do wonder what actual supervisory authority - authority of any type - he has over her. Bernert looks to have been brought in to take over something Bez was faltering at; at least that's how it appears to me.

TRUJDUB21 and POdinCowtown repped this.
  21. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    Could be the dreaded "dotted line" organizational structure. You report to Person A but also "dotted line" to Person B because (insert BS reason here).

22. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's never been plainly stated, but based on observations and conversations the above paragraph seems to be correct: Bez is the first among equals, as you put it, but KB doesn't report to him in the supervisory sense. The vibe I get though, again based on nothing but observation, is that KB doesn't have budgetary discretion - she has to put in spending requests to someone. I've just assumed that someone is Bez, but for all I know it could be Whitney or JW.

Minnman repped this.
  23. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    I did not say only Bez and i didn’t say Porter wasn’t involved.

24. TRUJDUB21

TRUJDUB21 Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 28, 2021
    Tim Bezbatchenko Is his mothers name Mary ?

25. Ball Kicker

Ball Kicker Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 11, 2022
    That Kevin Molino contract is horrific and I really hope they buy it out to give themselves more flexibility. Although he might do well in a Wilfred Nancy system with two attacking midfielders, he just doesn’t have the speed anymore.

catfish9 and TRUJDUB21 repped this.