Fire @ the All-Star Game: Smack Talk and Dema/DaMarcus [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kebzach, Aug 3, 2002.

1. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
  2. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Fire Smack Talk at the All-Star Game

Has anyone else read the quotes from the Fire players yesterday, talking smack about each other? It's freaking hilarious...

http://www.mlsnet.com/special/as02/as0802notes.pdf

A sample from Boca, "Josh is going to be no problem. I am just going to kick him the whole time. I'll kick DaMarcus too..."

Josh's retort, "...'Los doesn't tackle either, so you just get the ball and dribble around him."

3. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    some more gems.

From Dema on Beasley:
    "I see him every day and I know I have to
    grab him a little bit and smack him around. I don’t think it will be a problem. It is the same for Josh."

Josh on Carlos:
    "'Los (Bocanegra) still has a few pounds he should shed. We should certainly go at him."

Josh on Dema:
    "We’ll just leave Dema in the middle and he will
    cough up a few balls and we’ll be able to go at the goal."

DaMarcus on Carlos:
    "I am going to say this, I will ‘meg Carlos three times."

Good stuff!

4. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    I didn't read the Dema quote about how he wanted to slide tackle DaMarcus from behind late in the game, but I'm sure he made one because he sure did it during the game.

What a freakin idiot. I knew he wasn't too smart, but jesus christ, that's stupid as hell.

5. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Beasley after the game...

On getting kicks in and getting kicked around by his Fire teammates:
    "I said I was going to get Carlos (Bocanegra) three times, but I didn't get on his side. At the same time, Dema (Kovalenko) did get me. Come Monday, I am going to give him a little payback. Bob (Bradley) said he saw his eyes and he was coming at me. It was kind of funny. It's just how it goes
    sometimes. It's all in good fun. We had a great weekend."

6. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Risk of injuries. That's why the MLS should follow the NFL's lead and now WUSA's lead and schedule an All-Star match AFTER the championship.

Yeesh!

7. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    maybe they should do this and maybe they shouldn't, but at the same time, if you didn't have idiots out there going after guys (on their own team) from behind, this particular injury risk wouldn't exist.

8. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    meh...

even if you wait until the end of the season something god awful could still happen. all star games are exhibitions and we all know that. it's all about bringing in sponsors by showing the "skills of the players" and the whole thing with the fire boys shows they're just having fun with it. true it's a joke until someone has a career ending injury in the game. but until that happens they probably won't stop horsing around. (hopefully ariel graziani will be the victim of the injury. and or any dallas or KC player)

9. free_mann_mcmanaman

free_mann_mcmanaman New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    dema vs demarcus

What was that?

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    merged threads

11. ATrain

ATrain New Member

Dec 28, 1998
    Re: Wolff doubtful for the All-Star Game

would that be the "left foot pain" that kept wolff out for a year???!?!

12. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Re: Re: Wolff doubtful for the All-Star Game

all that was mentioned on ABC was that a MRI might be done this week, and Josh blamed the foot pain on the turf at CS