fire news (stadium) 11/25

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    Just my preference, but while I'd like to see the sidelines 6 inches off the ground it would be nice to have the harlem end first row be 2 feet off the field to facilitate decoration better.

3. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    A slight angle as in N-NE or as in a real bad bar pool table where all the balls head towards one pocket?

And I agree with the idea of Harlem end being 2 foot up.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't that two foot wall be blocked by ad boards anyway?

5. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if it was two feet, it still would be a lot closer to field level than all other MLS stadiums...including the HDC.

Are there any websites that have images of the stadium renderings that were unveiled on Tuesday??

6. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

i can't wait til we go to away games and chant "table roll, table roll"

7. murtaugh29

murtaugh29 New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    roja LOCURA
    No, not as far as is indicated. HDC is pretty much ad-free on the walls anyhow.

Oh, you mean the field boards, prolly. Maybe, but 2 feet sitll helps in adding another foot or two over it for a pole or something to hang things from. we'll work it out.

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool. Just wondering.

9. Etienne_72772

Etienne_72772 Member+

Oct 14, 1999
    It is my understanding that the Fire stadium drawings will be officially released on Tuesday, although some people got to see some at the Fire Works for Kids Foundation showing of Christmas with the Kranks last Tuesday night. Peter Wilt requested that those who took pictures do not post them until the official release on Tuesday.

10. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling that your stadium is going to be the best in the MLS.
    Do you guy's think that the seats maybe being 6"inches from the ground might be a little too low for the spectators view of the field?

11. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A lot of people like to be close to the action but really being that low especially at midfield gives you no perspective.It is hard to see through a maze of players to follow the ball especially at mifield.Although english stadiums have these close seats the most desired seats for the real fan who wants to actually see the game is the mid level of the stadium at midfield.

12. MLSinHD

MLSinHD Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wondering if the Bridgeview Stadium is going to include a Stadium Club / Restaurant, like the HDC has and if there will be some offical team store?