News: Fire Moving to Soldier Field

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by lncolnpk, Apr 2, 2019.

1. lncolnpk

lncolnpk Member+

Mar 5, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It won’t be a scarf, it will be their third jersey.

2. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    From my limited experiences in Charlotte, everyone in that city seems to have moved there from New York.

GHjelm repped this.
  3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Was thinking about vacationing in South Florida to see the Fire play but Ft. Lauderdale in late June makes me get sunstroke just thinking about it.

Oh well. Maybe 2021 they will play there in March or April. (Then I would appreciate the heat and humidity.)

4. I've never been there, but my sources indicate that NC is turning blue. I'm seriously considering retiring somewhere in NC. Good climate, cost of living, & quality of life.

5. Mac97

Mac97 Member+

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My parents lived in NC for a number of years. Many of their neighbors where from NJ. A notable number of the citizens born and raised there used the term "war of northern aggression" as normative language.
    Metro areas are blue.

willydonc and xtomx repped this.
  6. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The cities.
    The rest is red(neck) through and through.

7. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I lived in rural NC for a decade. Can confirm.

xtomx and willydonc repped this.
  8. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    Grew up in Raleigh, NC.

Republicans took over the state house via gerrymandering and have really killed its reputation as a not-that-bad Southern state. It’s starting to swing back.

Geographically, has everything you could want.

cchchaplain and willydonc repped this.
  9. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    has anyone been able to access their season tickets through the app?

I deleted the app after last regular season and now can't even find it in the App Store to download

tickets are showing in my Ticketmaster account, but, as I understand it, I'll need to use my phone to get into the game

10. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I don't have the old app, but getting my regular ticketmaster app and my Fire account to communicate is a struggle.

11. Firefox

Firefox Member

Aug 24, 2005
    South Elgin, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per my season ticket rep, the App is being replaced, and should be out before the home opener, so currently the access is thru the Ticketmaster link.

juicecrewallstar repped this.
  12. Can confirm.

juicecrewallstar repped this.
  13. Three and Three

Three and Three Member+

Sep 13, 2015
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    How wide will the playing surface be? Thanks.

14. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    got my email today that I can upgrade my seat location next year if I want, but -- go figure -- Ticketmaster site is ass

pretty lame that it has a monopoly on ticketing systems -- the browser site, the app, the integration between my general Ticketmaster account and my Fire season ticket account are all just trash

separate, but a modest proposal: the daily news links could all be in one thread with each day being a new post instead of a whole new thread -- makes it a lot easier to navigate back to older threads

bunge repped this.
  15. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly at this point they should just let anyone in that wants to show up for free to the home opener next year.

harrylee773 and Three and Three repped this.
  16. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I found slightly better seats, but couldn't figure out how to finalize them on my phone. I just sent my rep the seats I wanted and they called to confirm. Much easier.

17. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had no trouble signing on. The problem is that if there three seats together and you want two, you cannot take them as the system is trying to avoid single seats.

NotHelmut repped this.
  18. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    it's all posturing, I know, but if the Bears do indeed leave for Arlington Park then the Fire get their SSS in the city like they always wanted

sportscrazed2 and goldclover repped this.
  19. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moving from Soldier Field in the city to a 25 miles northwest of the city? Seems stupid. At least Bridgeview was what 15 minutes from midway?

CMeszt and goldclover repped this.
  20. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the Bears move to Arlington Park we better be getting the Cardinals back is all I’m saying.

CMeszt repped this.
  21. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I don't think that the location will be an issue for Bear fans. They will go wherever. The optics is what looks bad. The Bears belong in the city. That said, they are looking for a stadium with a greater seating capacity as well one that could be covered for special events (i.e. Super Bowl). No way would the city let the Bears leave. The Bears are leveraging the Arlington Heights situation to their best advantage. For me personally, I will miss the track. It was always a great way to spend a summer Friday afternoon.

CMeszt and bunge repped this.
  22. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Unfortunately, I think that ship has already sailed.

23. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What better place to have the superbowl than museum campus with its world class museums for tourists coming for the games? I mean sure it could be bigger but having the tailgating party at like grant park or having bands perform at that concert venue on that peninsula thingy beforehand? ******** I'd go skip the game and just get stoned and watch the sunset. Wait isn't the superbowl in February? Moot point it's never coming to Chicago unless the NFL is stupid. Who wants an outdoor superbowl in February in Chicago? Isn't it always somewhere tropical or indoors? And boo hoo selling 60k tickets at $50 to $100 each minimum isn't enough for a team that hasn't done jack shit in 20+ years? Cry me a river. Part of why I hate the NFL now. All about the ********ing money

goldclover and xtomx repped this.
  24. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Soldier Field’s capacity is too small for most major events. The Super Bowl has a minimum capacity requirement of something like 80,000.

sportscrazed2 repped this.
  25. canammj

canammj Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    CHINO, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ----------
    If I remember , there is a Metra Commuter train station there, so it does have possible transit options.