Fire John Hackworth [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Tyr, Jun 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnionDues

UnionDues Member+

Aug 16, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The SoBs are completely compromised at this point as a supporters' group. No independence whatsoever. The FO collecting their dues was the final nail in the coffin.

Handsome Pete, lopezzzz and BuddhaWake repped this.
  2. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think by supporting the team, you'd want to make it better. Applauding and cheering on the product put out week after week - coaching staff included - makes it seem like it's getting the stamp of approval.

3. j ladai

j ladai Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    "Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot or a shill!"

NEWSFLASH: Different people have different opinions about the value of booing your own team.

Double edit: That said, yes I think Hackworth should be replaced. Sooner the better.

cwelch999 repped this.
  4. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    All of this bickering and fingerpointing would vanish if the team didnt suck so hard. If the booing bothers everyone so much, then start winning some games and shut us the f*ck up . Christ, its not little league, not everyone gets a trophy.

5. cpurdom

cpurdom Member

Mar 3, 2008
    127 F
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I asked my rep to please pass along to whoever would listen that I was not happy with the coaching staff and really hoped there would be a change before ticket renewal time. I got a response back to give it patience, we were looking for a striker, etc. Which I would have expected, but he did say he would pass the thoughts on. I'm a Founding Member who upgraded seats this year. I think the best chance for change is for everybody who's an STH and feels strongly to do the same. The reps, after all, make their living off selling season tickets and getting renewals and upgrades. They have to respond with the party line, but I also expect they will escalate the concerns they're hearing.

PoorRichard13 and BuddhaWake repped this.
  6. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A packet of lemonade Kool-Aid is also good for cleaning out your dishwasher ...

http://www.realsimple.com/home-orga...s/lemonade-kool-aid-10000001575551/index.html

BuddhaWake repped this.
  7. cpurdom

cpurdom Member

Mar 3, 2008
    127 F
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I also get that the SoB leadership is in a compromised/mission-dubious position and has legitimate reasons not to want to lead organized game-time anti-hack activities. However, for whatever my paid membership vote is worth, discussions in private with management to express concerns about the current situation might be warranted.

lopezzzz and DOOPist repped this.
  8. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1884 Tyr, Jun 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2014
    I say ******** the SoB leadership and voice your opinions. There are more of us than there are of then. Let them wag their limp dicks and tell us to quiet down. A capo can't control a whole section. This is a big part of why I dropped out of the SoB's.

Screw the leadership, it's time to take things in our own hands. We are Philadelphians. We don't sit and ask nicely. We make our opinions and displeasure known. The SoB leadership's weakness wouldn't be tolerated with the other major teams.

I say treat them like politicans. If the current people want to stay in charge, they need to adapt to the sentiments of the other 99 percent of SoBs. Otherwise, they lose their positions.

Also, my job has me in a pissed off mood which is contributing to the rants.

Dills, thomas19064 and nhlman10 repped this.
  9. sentrido

sentrido Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Every time I think the situation can't possibly get more surreal or ridiculous ....

#IANGDSOBYBTAIB

10. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ????

#huh #dafuq #translationplease

BuddhaWake and Tyr repped this.
  11. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this year was the last year of "appointed leaders" and that leadership positions would be open for nominees / voting after this year. I hope that's still the case...

12. drewuke

drewuke Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Funny how SoB leadership think they're being so clever and responsible here, but yet can't come up a unique chant.

I went to my first game in June 2012, and it's the exact same in 2014.

thomas19064, Ascalz, UnionDues and 4 others repped this.
  13. frobisherthepenguin1

Jun 6, 2008
    South Jersey
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now that we're into the 7pm kick-offs, I assume we'll need a goal as stoppage time approaches.... Anyone got a harmonica?.....

It's nine o'clock on a Saturday
    The regular crowd shuffles in
    There's an old man sitting next to me
    Making love to his tonic and gin

He says, "Son, can you play me a memory
    I'm not really sure how it goes
    But it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete
    When I wore a younger man's clothes."

[Pre-Chorus]
    La la la, di da da
    La la, di da da da dum

[Chorus]
    SCORE US A GOAL, YOU'RE THE UNION
    SCORE US A GOAL TONIGHT
    WELL, WE'RE ALL IN THE MOOD FOR A MELODY
    AND YOU'LL GET US DOOPIN' ALL NIGHT

thomas19064, Ascalz, Doop and 7 others repped this.
  14. LINETRASH

LINETRASH Member+

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How would they incorporate the drums though

thomas19064 and Doop repped this.
  15. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we need to make some serious plans on here and then try to work with other segments of Union fans. We need new chants and plans for some real action.

Walkout?
    Banner?

Some chant ideas:

Hit the road Hack and don't you come back no more no more no more . .

I Will Survive:

Now gone go.
    Walk out that door.
    Just turn around now
    Cause you're not welcome anymore.
    Weren't you the one who tried to break us with your lies?
    Think we'd stay down and die

We're Not Gonna Take It

thomas19064 and billf repped this.
  16. sentrido

sentrido Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union

LINETRASH repped this.
  17. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    I'm just changing the words in every chant we sing from here on out to some version of "fire hackworth" or to incorporate lyrics that let people know that Hack is incompetent. I'm a supporter of the Union and I sit in the supporters section and I'm going to do what I can to make this team better. If that is voicing my opinion that the current staff needs to go than so be it. At some point the River End has to stop being what seems to be 137's own personal Glee club and be an actual supporters group. I actually don't care what the "leadership" of the SOBs have to say at this point because they have failed to make the River End work. I gave up on them when they appointed someone that has told people to get the f out of the section because he didn't think they were cheering as a capo. I've always thought that I would be in my River End seats for decades but if the guys behind me can swing a luxury box I very well may go in on it with them at this point. Least up there I can actually support my team and not be told I'm a bad supporter.

Ascalz, UnionDues, jaykoz3 and 2 others repped this.
  18. Scottj10

Scottj10 Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sit in 137 and if I renew my four seats I will probably not be renewing in the SoB section. The SoB section is hardly enjoyable anymore as (I feel) people have begun realizing the leadership doesn't represent the voice of the fans. The group is run by a clique comprised of friends who are all close with the Union FO and players. If the happy clappers don't want to say sack Hack with me, so be it, but I'm sick of being reprimanded for not blindly supporting.

It's frustrating the FO continues to settle for mediocrity. A win against Chivas should mean nothing. They're god awful.

slitz, djramone, UnionDues and 6 others repped this.
  19. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    We'll it took five years, but we are now eating our own. The elders don't just sit on a perch and live it up, they bust ass to make things work for the group, and every one of them is completely approachable about things.

With that being said the message from Jeremy I agree with most of it. The chant for Novak was disrespectful, rhapsody is silly and we come to games to have fun at the end of the day.

As for ripping hack, that I don't care about. We are allowed to be able to voice our opinion but I understand why a group display against the FO or manager isn't the best idea and it has nothing to do with being in bed with the FO. If the sob as a group start acting like children we can be treated as such by the FO. We get a lot of latitude with our language and Tifo.

Nobody will say anything if you or I or a small group does something with a banner or a chant but the whole RE would go over like a fart in church.

j ladai repped this.
  20. ScottyMac26

ScottyMac26 Member+

Jan 13, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Interesting about the eating our own piece. I think the first group that will vote with their feet isn't the bridge ends or sidelines, they come with groups and it's an enjoyable and affordable night of minor league sports. But the splintering we see here, current SoBs and former, those of us who wandered through the nuclear winter in between NASL to 2010 (I also slummed in MISL like an addict for a fix in the 80s), the seats that will really be noticeable are the ones no one is supposed to sit in anyway. We are on the Sak Tampa Trajectory.

21. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I think we will see huge changes by the end of the season, and I hope that I'm right. The thing I took note of in the last game was that at least half the club boxes were empty on a incredible day. That my friends is going to be a huge hit to the team, those are expensive seats that are empty.

We have a less then ideal ownership group, a substandard manager and a sack. The cbs podcast from the other day with tannenwald was brutal and what he was saying about what other people in the league are saying about the team. It's only a matter of time.

22. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Unless Sugarman tells Sak he will no longer oversee the day to day operations nor be the public face of the ownership group, I doubt that the changes this club needs will happen. There will be changes, but it'll likely be more of the same. Hack is shown the door, and Rob V or Sorber will be promoted. Wash, Rinse, Repeat!

This club not only needs a new coach, but also a full time GM/Technical Director. They also need a real scouting department. Oh yeah, and a practice facility would be nice too......

23. PoorRichard13

PoorRichard13 Member

Apr 17, 2010
    philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not getting into the SoB thing too much since I'm not a member, but as Dills pointed out, applauding gives the impression of acceptance. Speaking out as a group (you SoBs have the biggest say) speaks volumes. I feel you guys should do something, just done with some kind of class. (Like midnight riders silent walk out) I'm a founding member in 101, my group has gone from 6 seats in 2010, to just me. I can't wait till next year to see changes, I'm done with the "we'll get em' next year" attitude. I never wanted Hack, I felt the coach search was farcical, but I was willing see what he could do...color me unimpressed! I don't feel the team under him is worth my investment. Without change during the WC break, I won't be coming back. It breaks my heart to write that, but I'll be telling them in an email tomorrow. They have my money for this season but I have stopped buying anything from PPL. Not spending and booing are the only voice I have down there. I don't boo the players during introductions, only hack. IMO the booing after the final whistle is not nor ever was directed at the players, but at the results. At least that's what my boos are focused on.

thomas19064, Ascalz, Doop and 3 others repped this.
  24. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Last year around this time we had a town meeting with the FO, organized by the SOB leadership team. Would love to have one now!! Thought we were promised to have these type of meetings annually!!
    Last year they said they were on track to become Champion in 5 years!

DOOPist repped this.