Fire Jersey Question

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kevbrunton, Oct 17, 2003.

1. kevbrunton

kevbrunton New Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there anywhere you can get the long sleeve Fire Jersey? All I can find is the short sleeve jersey.

2. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another Jersey Question:

Do we get to have a USOC badge on our jersey's next year (next to the SS and *MLS Cup ones, of course)? They do it in Italy (anywhere else?), and it's a great addition to the kit. Just wondering. :)

4. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Re: Another Jersey Question:

I've been thinking that we should buy the team some patches, a shield, with three vertical bands in different colors (see here for an example.) One color for the Open Cup, one for the SS, and one for the MLS Cup which we now must win. I would love to see it on the jersey.

If the team were willing to wear it on their jersey I'd chip in a lot of cash. I don't know how many they'd need, or how much it would cost, but we could do it.

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The idea of presenting a flag to the SS winners was brought up on another thread. Something simple with the year, team name, record and what-not. I think this is something we as fans should definately do. I like your idea but i'm not exactly sure what the best way to impliment something like that would be. I'm sure someone can come up with the right way to do it.

6. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Re: Another Jersey Question:

Yes. Colombus had the USOC badge on their kits this year. I dunno if they were ironed on or sewon on, felt or plastic...... Either way I know a lot of Colombus fans were pi$$ed cause they badges weren;t for sale for their own jerseys.

7. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Re: Another Jersey Question:

Awesome!
    Crappy!

As for a tricolor badge--why combine it? If we are to start (or continue) a tradition like this, we can't combine them or teams that don't win all three won't be able to carry it on. I say we wear all the badges or whatever separately. ;)

Is there any precedent for a champions badge? What does the USOC badge look like?

8. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Re: Re: Re: Another Jersey Question:

Having trouble finding it on google....

9. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Jersey Question:

Try their website.

http://www.usopencup.com/

10. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Jersey Question:

that site is of no help whatsoever...........

11. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Gee, you didn't see their loge in the upper left? The one they put on everything USOC related?

12. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    We were talking about the USOC winners badge that goes on the jersey of the wining team the following year...... not the tournament's crest....

13. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    ahh here we go..........

[​IMG]

picture that thing on the red & white Fire jersey sleeve above the MLS logo....... :(

14. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks for the pic. Can't wait to see it on the Fire.

15. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  16. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    KC had a badge on their sleeve in 2001.

All I care is that we just have a badge and forget the f'ing star. Screw the star.

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I want a badge.

18. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My thoughts exactly! I hate the idea of teams putting stars on their jerseys for every championship. I'm glad that the Fire are above this type of stuff.

19. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want stars.

If you're the one keeping me from seeing stars on the Fire jersey, I'm gonna put out a contract on you you little prick.

20. sachinag

sachinag New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO
    It's going to look really retarded in 10 years when we've got a bunch of MLS Cup victories, Supporters Shield victories, and US Open Cup victories all with stars. This isn't OSU with stupid little trees on the helmets or anything. Hell, DCU's uniforms are going to look stupid with more than three stars above that badge.

I say stars for the World Cup, and that's it. Extra patches and whatnot are retarded. I hate the Yankees, but I really respect that they don't put stupid little AL championship or World Series patches on their uniforms or hats.

21. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Yeah, because I have that kind of authority.

Stars for individual championships are lame. Let the San Joses and Kansas Citys have their individual stars (hooray! we won ONCE) and look like idiots with them in years after.

We are better than that I think.

It's hardly my choice though, but based on the fact we didn't add any stars after the 1998 title either in 99 or after, I doubt we will. Maybe your beef with regard to stars is with the team then.

22. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    How about 1 star for every 10 championships. So once you earn a combination of 10 (from The Shield to Open Cup to MLS Cup) THEN you get a star. Right now we have 1 MLS cup 3 Open cups and 1 Shield. By the end of this season we could be at a total of 6. 6 Championships in 6 years.

23. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    That I have no problem with, though I would prefer it were just for MLS Cups.

24. sachinag

sachinag New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Saint Louis, MO
    Dick Bavetta will give them the Cup in Adu's second (and final) year.

25. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definately 1 for every 10 MLS cups. That's the way it is set up in Italy, where it is an incredible honor to receive a star. An honor only 3 teams have ever achieved. It's pretty meaningless when all you need is one good POST-SEASON to get one.