Fire House Artist Renderings

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by jmeissen0, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    boy those actually look pretty good... I like the glass/brick look the renderings have... its like 1/2 retro "old school" feel like the Baltimore O's Camden Yards, but with a nice glass thing going which is the other 1/2... very nice... I was wondering why there was grass on the south side...
    but then I thought about the ambiance of walking up the stairs if those are stairs.

2. mls2atl

mls2atl Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    awesome looking stadium, congrats fire

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice very nice.. I love the red brick. By far it will be the BEST STADIUM IN MLS!!!!!! I love the HDC but was dissapointed when the Galaxy passed on the stadium that looked like a UFO... But this design is TRUE to the fire and by far the best in MLS. Congrats FIRE!

5. denver_mugwamp

denver_mugwamp New Member

Feb 9, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm sure there's about $5 or $10 million worth of design elements to the Fire stadium that could be challenged by a penny-pinching accountant. Things like the brick facades and the roofs are not really practical. But they make the stadium look like an actual place, rather than just a collection of seats around a grass field. There's a reason why people want to be in places like Wrigley Field, even though the team there usually sucks. Yes, I sure hope the Rapids realize this and design the one in Commerce City accordingly.

6. Marquis de Sage

Marquis de Sage New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    The one thing that HDC has over both Bridgeview and Frisco is no stage. It's stands come up to the field, unlike at least one end of Crew Stadium. I'm sorry, but watching games on TV at both these stadiums will not be the same as HDC. There's something not quite "Major" league about a huge concert apparatus at the end of a field, even with huge banners of Ante Razov hanging from them.

I understand that to get the league "in the money" these features need to be added. I'm not complaining. But it does make the stadiums seem more empty.

7. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any word on the naming of the stadium? "Bridgeview Stadium" seems to be in every rendering we've seen to date. Obviously it's going to have a nickname, but officially is the Fire looking at sponsors, or outright naming the stadium something else?

Anyone? Bueller?

8. cageyfoot

cageyfoot New Member

Feb 8, 2001
    Washington, DC

SILENCE!

9. suppitty

suppitty Member

Mar 15, 2004
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That should be enough to increase attendance by itself by about 5k for at least a season.

10. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You mean it's not because it's the largest outdoor beer garden in Chicago? ;)

11. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That will instantly surpass the HDC as the finest the league has to offer. Let us hope the Metros and DC can also be so lucky.

It looks like there are a few rows of seats all across the end in front of the stage "apparatus." Well one silver lining about that is it covered by a stage roof. That would kind of cool to see Section 8 take up that entire end---a long skinny intimidating row of Fire fans from corner flag to corner flag.

For the Colorado fans, I know it's early, but the preliminary design I've seen of the Commerce City stadium floating around on these boards looks pretty nice. Of course, there's still plenty of changes that could happen to it. But from what I saw, I'd easily slot it as 3rd best stadium in the league after this one and the HDC.

12. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    I can't tell from the drawings - even though there is a stage at one end...is that a couple of rows of seats behind the goal and in front of the stage?

13. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York
    I was thinking about this too. Is it possible to use temporary stands on game day to hide the stage and increase capacity?

14. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    yes and that has been mentioned

15. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Actually SECTION8 is going to take over the HarlemEnd (north end) of the ground. Hopefully we can instutite a segregated seating policy. Away supporters in one section and the home supporters the majority of the ground. Might foster more cheering and rivalry.

16. mouseboy33

mouseboy33 New Member

Dec 24, 2003
    it stands to reason that as ticket demand increases that the first option for the club to use is temporary seating on top of the stage before some large construction project is understaken.
    But in any event the stage will probably be set up during matches with tables and beer vendors, plus there are severals rows of seats in front of the stage so that on camera there is going to be shots supporters directly behind goal.

17. Braveheart_NY

Braveheart_NY New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    New York
    thank you.

18. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon me, but you ARE complaining.

Compared to field turf or football lines, a stage at one end of the pitch is a very small irritation to have to live with.

19. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    especially considering the stage will be used to host major events

20. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    I'm new around here so perhaps this has been discussed to death ... but, to me, a league isn't "major" until people that grew up watching the league take their kids to the games ... building a culture creates a "major" league IMHO.

21. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Well well. This guy just proved a couple of things. 1. Not all newbies are idiots. 2. Just because you've been here a while doesn't nessicarily mean you don't have your head up your ass.

Nice post. Welcome to the boards.

22. Caveat Lector

Caveat Lector New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    I've had a rough day. Thanks for the kind words!

23. deekay

deekay Member

Feb 4, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I know this might sound too "euro-poseurish" for alot of folks around here, but why not call it simply "Bridgeview"?

24. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's not Euro-poseurish at all. However, with the finacial state of MLS if you can get someone to sign on for naming rights then I'm all for that. Let the fans nickname it whatever they want but if it's Coporate Co. Stadium then by all means, Crew Stadium be damned.