Pre-match: Fire home v. Revolution of New England 9.23.23 7:30 Apple TV "free" 890 WLS-AM

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by xtomx, Sep 23, 2023.

?

What happens in the MOST IMPORTANT MATCH OF THE SEASON (well, this weekend)?

1. Fire scrape out a win

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Fire Draw

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Fire lose spectacularly

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. NOTHING Stupid Happens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. SOMETHING Stupid Happens (a win does not automatically count as something stupid happening)

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  6. Malört (with the current run the Fire are on, one shot may not be enough)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  7. Rubber Dick

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. At least we don't have to see Richie Williams polluting the sidelines of Soldier Field

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  9. Will Matt Reis' mom be there (by the way, I have no idea how the jokes about her started)

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  10. There will be a head coaching change for NER before the end of the match.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  11. I'll still be at the Soldier Field tonight. I want a luchador mask, oh and I might watch the game

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  12. I will watch from the couch instead. I'll hide my face with my own luchador mask, or just a bag

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  13. I might watch, while doing something more important, like drinking or napping

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  14. The Messi-mania game can't come quick enough! We need to fill the stadium. That'll solve it all!

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  15. Have we ever heard from Heitz or the other guy? Pelzer (I actually had to look him up)

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  16. What is the plan for this team going forward?

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  17. Has Dave Baldwin secured a jersey sponsor yet? How about Budget Dumpster?!? Sized 10-30 yards!

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  18. Second choice would be Chicago Dead Animal Removal! (yes, that is also a real company)

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  19. Dave, make us all a bit happier and secure Malört as the sponsor. Even just for one match!

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Yeah, it’s why I say use a formation that allows Dean to keep forward focused.

Also, using Polster like that is how I suggested we use Pineda.

goldclover repped this.
  2. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I liked Polster with the Fire.

Fuegofan, xtomx and overlap_old_coach repped this.
  3. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    need to rewatch, but seemed like the NE goals went at the soft right side duo of Dean and Wyatt

4. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Revisited game. More attacks were directed at our right side last match.
    Either they perceived him as vulnerable or they thought Chancalay was their best attacker. Still not sure if teams generally attack our right side more than left.

5. Whoever is the Sporting Director, or Technical Director, or manager is in 2024 Omari Glasgow will man the right wingback spot for the Fire next season and all of this discussion will be irrelevant.

schroncar repped this.
  6. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    We still have to finish this year out though.

7. juicecrewallstar

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Mar 1, 2019
    I’m excited!

but didn’t you also say his natural position is winger??

8. Then it's up to Johnny Dean to make the plays.

9. schroncar

schroncar Member+

Chicago Fire
    Mar 2, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to hear that Fire has a quality youngster to promote. I would like to see three each and every year-1) sign of healthy development system, 2) low cost way to upgrade squad 3) rewards young players for efforts and 4) helps team recruit additional prospects.

goldclover repped this.
  10. Yeah, but . . . Fire II plays a Clockwork Orange version of a 3-4-3. Players can pop up almost anywhere and press from everywhere. Some schemes can succeed with the right players and Fire II has been one of the 2-3 best in the Eastern Conference since midseason. Yeah, I'd like to see him play closer to goal, but he will be a dirt cheap high quality option at a position that's hard to fill well.

Glasgow's attacking talents are no secret. But he's getting better and better defending and he has the endurance of Landycakes. If Glasgow becomes an even average MLS defender he will be the matchup problem other teams will have to gameplan around.

upload_2023-9-25_21-0-46.png

11. Fire II made Andreas Ueland captain right away. If the Fire can't get Lewandowski to be the DP9, maybe Ueland can get his U-18 teammate to join up ten years from now. Supposedly they keep in touch weekly. I know, stick this in the 2033 Roster Speculation thread.

upload_2023-9-25_21-38-3.png

schroncar and bunge repped this.