Fire donation to NCC

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by jmeissen0, Aug 4, 2002.

1. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    the fire donated $100k for NCC's new indoor track (resurfacing)...

2. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Who is Jack McCarthy?

3. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    You must've been one of the myriad of people who fired the Tribune over the years. He's the stringer who's our acting beat writer.

4. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    the naperville sun had an article about this a week ago. but then again they had a picture of razov and said he was our midfielder dema kovalenko.
    it must be hard to keep 11 players apart.

5. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Well, yeah. I got that.

But, where's he from? Does he work for anybody else, or just free-lance, or? Experience, background, etc?

I mean, if he is the letters-from-the-lovelorn editor for the Beulah News I might react to him a little differently than if I knew he was a ghost writer for Steven Goff.

6. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are the Fire using this track for practice?

7. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Trust me on this, he's not Steven Goff.

8. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    probably not too often if at all

9. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Fire still practice in Lake Forest sharing the Bears facility, Halas Hall.

Seriously, though, was this a true donation or part of the agreement since we all knew there was going to be some damage from putting aluminum seats up over the track portions? My money would be on "in the contractual agreement". But it is possible that the Fire offered to pay during negotiations last winter.

10. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    the new track was a re-surfacing of the indoor track, inside the field house that is just east of the stadium.

and I do believe that this was a part of the contractuaral agreement between the Fire and NCC.

11. Beckhamcpt07

Beckhamcpt07 Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do they train in Lake Forest before they go on the road? Would they be training there Wednesday before the trip Dallas? I will be down in Lake Bluff and was just wondering if they would be since the only time I could see them play, they are playing on the road. Oh well, this is the next best thing. If anybody has info post it as soon as you can because i am leaving immediatley tommorrow morning and won't have access to a computer on the road.

Thanks,
    Robert

12. Beckhamcpt07

Beckhamcpt07 Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you could post it by morning.