Fire Chris Klein

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TrickHog, Oct 25, 2020.

1. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Jérome Meary. He and his agency have a hand on the signings of all the following players : Alessandrini, Ciani, Katai, Raveloson, Cabral, Grandsir, Diop, Diallo, Traore. He also probably helped Damet, the current G2 coach, to be hired.

Now let's try a little riddle : who is the only French player signed by the Galaxy in recent years who is not on this list ?

Berks, ProudNatRN, napper and 6 others repped this.
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baxter very deliberately phrasing this as a Klein or Vanney decision and clearly on the side of Vanney.

Best quotes are from Vanney.

not enough said by Klein. He reeks of entitlement.

73Bruin, JPAR, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I know this because I had high hopes for this player and it was my first exposure to french/galaxy player disappointment, with the exception being Alessandri

TrickHog repped this.
  4. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #29 MPNumber9, Jul 26, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    Laurent Courtois?

Edit: That's a pretty poor track record, even accounting for Alessandrini. Best case scenario, we're extremely lazy to keep going back to this well. Worst case, there's something fishy going on here. It especially looks bad when you look at how much we've overpaid for some of these guys.

napper, skydog, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  5. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    No, that's not Courtois. Actually I'm not sure Meary worked with MLS when Courtois came to Chivas first.

Don't look too far, it's a very recent signing !

I agree with you, although I don't know if we can blame him on Traore, Diop and Diallo who had success at the USL level but were not good enough for MLS. It doesn't look like nepotism, although he maybe helped them to get MLS contracts.

And I also agree when you think it's "fishy". Kirovski and Meary have worked a ton together despite not much success. Jovan doesn't get enough backlash for this IMO.

JPAR, TrickHog, MPNumber9 and 2 others repped this.
  6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hmmmm… anyone looked at Kirovski’s spending habits after each of these Galaxy signings? Because obviously an arrangement between a player agent and a club executive with influence on player acquisition decisions could be quite profitable for both parties. And it would go a long way to explaining some bizarrely bad signings.

But “I’m joking of course.”*

* DMs from ‘inexpensive’ defamation defense lawyers welcome! :whistling:

73Bruin, napper, JPAR and 4 others repped this.
  7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, Coulibaly. I was legit stumped for a second. Interesting.

Yeah, Kirovski has flown under the radar but if he's in charge of scouting, then it's really hard to overstate how bad he's done. COG reported that the Brugman signing was 2 years in the making, which just seems very irregular. No wonder there wasn't even a name lined up for possible attacking mids when Jonathan's spot opened up, which is a tougher position to recruit for than a TAM D-mid. We seem to get players without understanding what their position actually is, like Joao Pedro and Raveloson, who were supposed to be 6s and ended up being 8s? Or something? Then it seems like we negotiate very poorly and offer way too much to players that aren't even in high demand. Kirovski needs to go as badly as Klein, if not more so. Like if I had to settle for losing one of them, it'd probably be Kirovski (though any competent replacement for Klein would probably replace him anyway).

napper, JPAR, TrickHog and 2 others repped this.
  8. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    You're right, it's Sega. Now here's the thing :

Cabral : five-year contract, 1,440k salary in 2021, 1,650k this year (+ big transfer fee).
    Grandsir : three-year contract + one option year. 938k salary last year, 988k this year (no transfer fee).
    Raveloson : three-year contract + one option year. 855k salary last year, 855k this year (no transfer fee).
    Coulibaly : two-year contract + one option year. 337k salary last year, 457k this year (small transfer fee, likely around 100k, to buy him before his contract ends with his former club).

It's not easy to compare these players and indeed Sega had the lowest profile of them all before he came, but I find very interesting that the only signing where Meary was not involved (and I know for a fact he tried) is the one with the shortest contract, the lowest contract, and probably the only player we didn't overpay...

MPNumber9, 73Bruin, napper and 2 others repped this.
  9. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank you for linking the article, what I got out of it, is that Krivoski is collecting a paycheck and is just recommending players to Klein that his agent buddies are trying to pawn off on any sucker who will pay, if anything like some have mentioned, I'd rather Krivoski be gone before Klein but Klein needs to go as well for allowing this under his watch.

I know I have mentioned it before, but it seems like Vanney wasn't given the full scope of what he was getting into and is trying to fix things on the fly which is tough because this fanbase is used being in the upper echelon of the league, however this doesn't excuse his stubbornness in his coaching decisions.

seeing that cabral and costa take up 20 percent of the team's salary literally hurts my soul and I know Klein is taking the brunt of the abuse but let's all remember things started going downhill under beckerman, and he deserves as much shit if not more than Klein does.

if I had my choice on who should get shitcanned first (but they won't, because profits) it would be krivoski, beckerman (head cheese, is not going anywhere but I can dream), Klein, Vanney

skydog, shelbo and MPNumber9 repped this.
  10. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clean House

Dawdler and MPNumber9 repped this.
  11. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks pretty damning when you lay it out like that. Wow. Yeah, it seems like we give up 3-year contracts as a standard now.

Great info. Someone needs to write an Atheltic piece on this and really get the fanbase frothing.

skydog, shelbo, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Neubill

Neubill Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jan 26, 2005
    Southern Kelehfornya
    ...and while everyone is focused on the World Cup, Atlanta United appoint Garth Lagerwey as club president and CEO.

JPAR, skydog, NilamCA and 4 others repped this.
  13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    TrickHog repped this.
  14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Thread title says it all. Do it! Now! :mad::mad::mad:

JPAR, hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evergreen.

shelbo, JPAR, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.