Finale or Bust!!! Uefa Cup 2007-08

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by BMike86, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel since the season is about to kick off, the time will come for drawings into the group stages and what not of the Uefa Cup. And if there is other Uefa Cup talk of clubs from the previous rounds leading up to the group stages it could probably be tossed in here.

in my humble opinion for Bayern and this competition

FINALE OR BUST!!!

2. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and this is the armor we will be riding into battle with :)

[​IMG]

3. Klask

Klask Member+

Jun 7, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    For some reason the jersey makes me think of Lyon :cool:

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
  5. Klask

Klask Member+

Jun 7, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think I've found the reason.

[​IMG]

6. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't know if not winning it will be too disapointing. For all we know, we could draw a really difficult team out of the CL and get knocked out.

7. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are Bayern, this is the Uefa Cup... with all the money we spent this summer, it is officially "PUT UP, OR SHUT UP" time in Munich

damn that sounds arrogant, but it is the truth. if we didn't win the Champions League then i wouldn't mind because there are amazing clubs out there. but if we can't beat the Champions League "leftovers" (aka 3rd place in group stage) then there is something wrong. Bayern in this tournament are like a shark among minnows, plan and simple.

also, i didn't say Uefa Cup Champions or bust, i said "Finale or Bust" which i think we are plenty capable of

8. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. raf fcb

raf fcb Member

May 29, 2007
    Mexico/Netherlands
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Bayern definately is one of the favorites if not the main one, I would consider also the spanish sides, that usually do very well in this tournaments.

10. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    Bayern,Atletico Madrid and Tottemham should be the favorites.

11. FCBayern27

FCBayern27 New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    who did totteham pick up again?

12. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Gareth Bale, Darren Bent, Kevin Prince-Boateng, Younes Kaboul and Adel Taarabat. Overall good buys.

They have a really strong team and an attack that is right up there with the best teams in the world. I expect them to break into the top four this year and certainly go far in the UEFA Cup again. Probably our biggest competition in the tournament.

13. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich
    I would rate Atletico higher, they've spent 80 mio € in the offseason(Forlan,Simao,Reyes,Luis Garcia and Raul Garcia).

14. BMike86

BMike86 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i agree, too many people know little about La Liga and what goes on. they are totally oblivious to the Spanish league and only know info about the English Premiership. Atletico is easily tougher than Tottenham, but not by much :cool:

15. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Too many fans of La Liga know very little about what goes outside their league and teams as well. Atletico has strengthened their team significantly but they have a tendency to choke and have has very little experience in Europe recently. On paper, they are definetley one of the favorites as well though.

16. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    eww, that jersey is really ugly and i don't see why the club needed a new jersey for just the UEFA cup anyways

Bayern are the favorites coming into the the competition and to be honest; other than Milan, Chelsea, Barca or Man U only finishing 3rd in their Champs league groups...I think Bayern will continue to be the favorites

17. Arjen_Robben1

Arjen_Robben1 New Member

Dec 26, 2006
    If the players make the Uefa Cup a priority then Bayern should probably win the Uefa Cup. The only teams that IMO will pose a problem for Bayern are Marseille, PSG, Benfica, Espanol or Sevilla.

But it's too early to tell who will contest for the Uefa Cup in the final phases, let's wait until the drawing for the knockout rounds have been before assessing our chances.

18. MannyMayhem

MannyMayhem New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Studio City, CA
    That is a big question: who is actually going to be on the pitch?

All indications are Hitzfeld wouldn't be all that heartbroken if they didn't win the UEFA Cup if it meant winning the league instead.

I can't say I disagree with that logic. I'd rather they treat this as a 2 year march to a double (domestic championship & Champions league)
    Though, even the 2nd string on Bayern should be able to beat a large swath of the clubs in the UEFA Cup. If they manager to make the semis it would be a bad show if they didn't win it.

I'm mostly excited about when they win Champions League next season. :D

19. ZimbabweBob

ZimbabweBob Member+

May 16, 2007
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    " I'm mostly excited about when they win Champions League next season "

yeah, but to win the uefa and champions league in back2back seasons?

sexy!

barring a lot of injuries, and considering how deep the squad is...the quadruple is very doable! (counting the relatively meaningless preseason trophy already won)

20. Kromme

Kromme Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Istanbul
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well Porto with their relatively limited squad and with the lucky and arrogant dork in charge managed to win UEFA Cup and CL back to back.
    We at the other hand have a great squad which can defeat anyone on the earth not to mention we have Gottmar in charge.We can do the same but with the UEFA Cup this season if we do not have a huge disaster like Werder Bremen had last year we simply must march to the final.

21. MechCAK

MechCAK New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Remember millennium's first UEFA cup.
    Galatasaray 4 - 1 Arsenal (favourite) penalties
    then Super Cup
    Galatasaray 2 - 1 Real Madrid (favourite)

These results are important. Coz Gala was 1.place in the world that years.

And 2007 will be openning again.

We won favourites all the time. We have enough strong to win.
    Dont forget GALA. We will win you.
    I hope we will play against Bayern on Quarter Final ;)

22. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I hope we play Blackburn at some point. :D

23. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm sure we'll run into one English team down the line. They'll all be difficult.

24. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Difficult schmifficult.

I hope we get Sp*rs, who always fold like a lawn chair whenever they face someone good in Europe.

25. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Last year they were quite unlucky. Seville went through because of a BS PK call in their favor. They could have gone all the way.

I just don't want to take any team for granted. There will be difficult opponents, make no mistake about it.