Final FIFA 2004 opinions..

Discussion in 'Games' started by red&black1, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp According to various different FIFA 2004 forums around, EA is planning to release the Official FIFA 2004 Creation Center sometime in late December.

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp But it is rather strange that it wasn't included with the game at the time of release. :confused:

-G

2. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being a Gamecube owner, I guess ignorance is bliss for me. They don't make WE or PES for US Gamecube's!!

I will say that I really don't get why every FIFA thread has to become a soapbox for the Winning Eleven Cult. I really don't give a $h!+ how wonderful the game is, and I understand that FIFA will never live up to your expectations. I suspect that even if FIFA was an exact replica of the gameplay you masturbate over on Winning Eleven, you would still have something to complain about.

Really, if you are all that much brighter than all of us "EA apologists", why the f*@% do you plunk down $50 year after year so you can come on here and whine about how your wasted your cash. A fool and his money are soon parted, I guess.

3. jprendiville

jprendiville Member

Jan 9, 2002
    ...says the fella with the Game Cube.

4. Tricolores

Tricolores New Member

Jul 10, 2003
    Fifa 2004 things i did not like

Things i did not like.
    1.I liked the Mexican Teams but they mess up there jersyes.
    2.seems all the playes get tird easy.
    3.They have a lot of chants but they dont put a lot of chants either for a lot of other teams.
    4.Very easy to get a goal from far away.

5. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I played all 3 before buying, and the only difference I found was the $100 I saved by purchasing the Gamecube. I wasn't swayed by the whole DVD thing.

6. Agogwe

Agogwe Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait... how did you know I masturbate over my copy of Winning Eleven?

It's that good.

7. jackrock

jackrock Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Talcott. WV
    Club:
    DC United
    fifa for xbox ( saving bio)

i am just mentioning this because nobody told me, and it took a month to figure out. I would win the MLS, Premier league, whatever, and my bio was still like "no major accomplishments, no recent accomplishments" and I'm like WTF??? Because, I would play, save me career and still no dice. In the begining of a game when you have the option of which side you want to be? where you can move the controller icon to the left or right? that is when you have the option to use the R1/L1 to "be" a profile, which saves you bio. After I caught on I realized that I had seen this on other EA games, like NCAA football 2003, and I might be the only dude in America that didn't catch on right off the bat, but if somebody would have told me this earlier it would have made things a hell of a lot easier, i thought it was a tremendous flaw in the game.

8. thepremierleague

Mar 14, 2001
    London
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Lol me too. :D

9. Premium Hamatachi redded

Sep 9, 2002
    i use my ps2 mostly for dvd purpose. if i had a gamecub i'll probably cut it in half after playing re 0. of course, i'll get xbox first if i dare to get gamecube

10. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Until Winning 11 comes out on XBox(or even GameCube) in this country, I don't care how good it is.

11. VasKa87

VasKa87 New Member

Jan 6, 2004
    US
    when is winning eleven 7 comeing to the u.s?

12. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just make sure the disk stays clean. I have never played the game, but I suspect you would hate yourself if you ruined the light of your life! :)

Another note on FIFA 2004. It is the most challenging FIFA game I have played. The most goals I scored on professional mode is 4, and that was against Rotherham with my re-vamped Premiership QPR with Rosicky, Lizarazu, Cygan, Anelka, Hargreaves, Duff, Frings, and Eddie Lewis. They still managed 2 goals on me...I shudder to think how hard World Class mode will be.

I will say, Eddie Lewis is my 3rd leading goal scorer...hehe.

13. ghinterm

ghinterm New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Apex, NC
  14. jaredm

jaredm New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Philadelphia, PA
    Our opinion on FIFA 2004 is that it's not very good. For those that are still debating buying it, we have reviews up for both the PS2 and XBox versions. Verdict: wait for WE7:International. (WE6:International won our award for Sports Game of the Year for 2003).

Here are the links to the FIFA reviews:

FIFA 2004 (PS2)

FIFA 2004 (XBox)

15. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly! I still play FIFA 2002 on the PC today. The Creation Center allows you to create new players, teams, leagues, and tournaments. The ability to change the player ratings is also important. Does FIFA 2004 for the PC have the Creation Center?

16. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    all EA fifa games are terrible.

world tour soccer.. winning eleven.. even foosball are a better soccer substitute.

it seems like the fifa series has always been made by cracked out americans or canadians who know just try to make the game as direct and simple as possible and then add a gimmick.

that is the forumla for every ea fifa game ever.

17. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's right, it has to be Americans :rolleyes:. The thing is, the designers in EA's "behind the scenes" videos all had these funny accents. Who knew?

18. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    those weren't the designers... those were brit actors they imported to play the designers.

look in the credits!

19. ctruppi

ctruppi Member

May 7, 1999
    Annandale, NJ
    Jared, this is an amazing analyisis of the extremely poor gameplay. I defy anyone to read this review and come up with reasonable counters to your critique! The comparison to Madden is especially excellent and a point I've made a thousand times. You only point out the gameply issues though! Imagine if players in Madden were rated comletely wrong or at the wrong position (TWellman at CB anyone)?

I just sold back my copy to Gamestop. Even though the gameplay had me pulling my hair out very often, I still managed to stick with it for 2 full seasons with my beloved Napoli because i was intrigued by the career mode. I built up a decent team and in the 2nd year won the Italia Cup/Italia Champ double. I opened the transfer screen thinking I could get in there and buy a top F or GK (which I needed) and compete in the "unlocked" Champions League only to find that my transfer budget hadn't gone up a penny! I mean how realistic is it that a team that wins the championshp of one of the 3 most prestigious leagues in the world and qulaifies for the Champions League has the same transfer budget as two seasons ago when they were a mid-level div 2 side? Absolutely horrible! I stuck with it though because I was really interested in seeing who I'd be playing in the Champs League 1st round. I played the 1st few games in August before the 1st round brackets were chosen, I held my breath and...I drew Milan, Inter and Dep La Coruna!! # Italian teams in the same group!! I nearly threw my controller!

This whole game is an unrelaistic sham. From gameplay to career mode to replay it sucks. An example. In my 1st full season in Italian Div 1, Juve had a total goals against of 64 goals (they were one of the more solid D's) or a1.9 goals allowed per game. To put that in perspective, at about the halfway point this season in Italy, the league total goals per game average is 2.1. Juve has given up 9 goals TOTAL so far. I know a video game doesnt have to be a perfect sim, but for heavan's sake, would you buy a baseball game where there were 10 HR's every game or a football game where you score 60-70 points a game. It's a joke!

20. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    I originally gave this game a thumbs up but it's not as good as I originally thought.

basically the midfield is fun, the passing is better than the previous fifa games by far....but using the forwards is a mess on several levels and defense is equally as awkward to control. the game is pleasurable to a degree but it's not all that deep and it's cetainly not worth $50.

21. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    My major question: Are there any teams from Finland or Russia?

22. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must not play baseball or football video games to be asking that question. :)

Seriously, this review is written by a guy who has a set idea of what a soccer game should be like, and refuses to adjust accoringly. He's mad because the "pass" button and "through ball" button aren't one in the same. Yet, if there was no through ball button, he would be mad about that. He also seems to be a little too thick to grasp the concept of the "lob" button, while also leaving out the nice innovation of choosing a driven lob or driven cross as opposed to every cross being a lofty one. I guess he's mad that you can't do both with the same button.

While ripping the gameplay, he poo-poos the corner kick model by saying "it doesn't feel like real soccer". How is a corner kick supposed to feel?? This set-piece setup is the closest I have seen to the real thing in a soccer game.

And let's not forget the fact that he is getting diaper rash over the fact that his players don't make runs for him. Is triggering your own runs a little too difficult to get your mind around?

Also, his crumudgeonly dismissal of the transfer window in career mode, which I enjoy greatly. It's much better than just being able to buy and sell whoever you please, just because you have enough money. I am guessing this guy has cnm stains all over his copy of Winning Eleven, and looks and sounds somewhat similar to the comic books guy from The Simpsons.

Overall, I give this review a 67.

23. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like FIFA overall. It just gets on my nerves alot. One thing I just found out really bothers me. You can't move a player to a different team without sending a player back in return. How often does this really happen? Outside of MLS, it doesn't. It really sucks that in order to send McBride to Blackburn, I have to send a player back. Only, every player on Blackburn's squad is rated higher than the players on the Crew. If anyone has found a way to transfer players without doing a trade, please tell me how.

24. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only way to "Transfer" players is in career mode. You can't do it on the main menu. Sorry.

25. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    Finnish or Russian teams?