Final Attendance Report

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Sachin, Oct 27, 2003.

1. helmet

helmet New Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Jose
    Re: Re: Final Attendance Report

The fake SJ supporters section is called the Casbah, and the fake SJ supporters group is called "Club Quake." That fake organization sponsored a fake program that offered fake prizes if its fictional members sold non-existent five game mini-plans online, evolving its not real program from the previous year's fake individual game ticket promotion. The not really real organization will probably do a hybrid of the two next year.

2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Re: Re: Re: Final Attendance Report

Yeah, yeah, I get the point. The main point was how to get the situation better about attendance. Could these groups, all or some, get together with the FO like we do in KC and give some of their knowledge to the FO? Just seems like every city has knowledgable soccer fans that would be more than willing to help their club if given the chance.

3. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by nick
    Its interesting but if you take Dallas's absolute Disaster at Dragon out of the equation the rest of the league come out with an average of 15,675, very close to last year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by PercyB

... uh, not wholly right here, if you want to compare apples to apples... If you're going to remove D from the '03 stats, then you need to do the same for '02 in order to have a valid comparison. Thus, the '02 tally for the "rest of the league" jumps to 16,122. Not quite as close as you thought, huh?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Depends on what you mean by "close". Using your own numbers that means excluding Dallas for 02 and 03, the league average in 02 was 16,122 vs an average of 15,675 in 03. In percentage terms the attendance in 03 was 97.22% that of 02 attendance and represents a drop of only 2.8% from the previous year.

Taken another way if you compare league averages for 02 and 03 INCLUDING Dallas 15,822 vs 03 average of 14,898. Again in percentage terms the 03 average represents 94.16% of the 02 numbers. This represents a drop of 5.84%.

This means that Dallas by itself accounts for almost 47% of the total drop in average attendance for the League, and represent another factor suggesting that if you exclude Dallas's attendance, the League attendance was pretty "close" to last year.

4. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe they're reporting actual numbers though. I went to Crew-Burn game the night before USA-Paraguay this summer. The announced attendance was probably the most inflated number I've ever heard in my life.