Figo thread, [R]

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Jan 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    Re: Luis Figo"s next Destination

How about. Pimp his hot a$$ wife, and play in Sporting for free.

2. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA

if figo goes to bolten or man city ill put my man linguica in a blender and send pics.

3. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware

for the sheer agony of that thought, i'll pray that he goes to manchester united.

(be thankful i'm not sadistic)

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

one things for sure he will go to an england team.

5. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

I dont think they sell blenders that small..... :D

6. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
  7. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

The Rumours will really heat up after the game vs Estonia tommarow.

8. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA

youd be surprised what you could do with tweazers , duct tape, and a pully.

9. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003

Lyon and Marseille from France have definatley shown interest. Lyon can offer Champions League football with a really good team. From http://news.maxifoot.com

OM: does that have a cast on Figo? (08/06)
    According to the Spanish daily newspaper Marca, the Olympic one of Marseilles would be very interested by the medium of ground of Real Madrid, Luis Figo (32 years). The Olympic Lyonese is also on the rows and would have the advantage of making it possible to the Portuguese to evolve/move in League of the champions. A condition which would be important for the Inhabitant of Madrid. The destination of Figo remains fuzzy since other clubs like Inter Milan and Manchester United would be also interested. Despite everything, the OM would seek the financing which would enable him to see arriving Luis Figo and its experiment at the club. To follow. (By Anne Pinsolle)

10. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
  11. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

It's a shame. I wanted to see him in a green-and-white hooped jersey (no, not Celtic's) however I knew that in the long run, it wouldn't happen in 2005/06 because of his transfer fee. Well, we still have our hopes and dreams of seeing him back in Portugal; eventually, it'll happen...

12. Portoholic

Portoholic New Member

Sep 4, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It would be great to see him return to the Superliga now because he is still an excellent player, but if you have to wait until his wages decrease, that means you will be getting a player who in 2 years from now will be only a shadow of his former self. He's still pure class at the moment, but I don't think signing him only when he eventually becomes washed up and wants to return home, is such a good idea.

13. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

I don't think that its a wage problem - mind you, he will earn a pittance in Portugal compared to anywhere else. It's the transfer fee that will kill Sporting, who just cannot afford it...a shame, really. It would have been a nice 100 year anniversary gift to the club and all of its socios.

14. El Ardillo

El Ardillo New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Delaware

Rolling on the Floor Laughing! that was hilarious.

15. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

Valencia says that they are interested in his services.

16. pedroandre

pedroandre New Member

Aug 15, 2004

What transfer fee are u all crazy???
    Real is giving away Figo for free. It just happens no team can afford his wages. Sporting would have to sell a Ronaldo every other year just to keep Figo. Anyway I don't know if I want that mercenary in Sporting. After he betrayed Sporting the way he did and signed contracts with 4 clubs at the same time and delayed renewing his contract playing
    with the president just so he could get out for FREE. Does everyone here has such short memories. Besides when he was young he played crap in the smaller NT games to save himself for Barca and he just played to the full in the decisive matches. Rui Costa though not so technically gifted played its heart out every game.
    If to redeem himself the Betrayer wants to return to SCP then he should make a public apology and play for free, but he would never do that. Even getting 7/8 mill a year on sponsorship deals alone.
    SCP should make NO effort to get him back. What example will he give to the youngsters? Sign lots of contracts with other clubs while still on Sporting???
    I mean Barca hate him but still they got a record fee for him which allowed them to buy a full team. Sol Campbell is vilified at Tottenham for way less and however somehow the all-forgiving Sporting supporters love him.

17. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Figo still has a year on his contract with Real Madrid, so no, they will not give him up for free, but will command a transfer fee that will gradually reduced to what it provisonally was. Wage wise, he would be the highest earner on SCP, but I still think that he would want to play a season or 2 in either England or Italy. Eventually he will come to SCP, I feel, but it will be a swan song for the adeptos. As for his meandering when he signed for Parma and Juvetus, let's not forget that he was 21 or 22 at the time and you can also blame his agent for that. Anyone wanna take a gander at who that was at the time? None other than...Jose Veiga. Need I say more?

18. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
  19. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada

Still no word on where he is going to end up.

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  21. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
  22. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
  23. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  24. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)

Luis Figo - Maybe Bolton?
    Bolton entra na corrida por Figo Miguel Barreira

Luís Figo

O "The Mirror" noticia hoje que o Bolton está interessado na contratação de Luís Figo. O jornal inglês diz que embora para muitos a aquisição seja vista como impossível, casos como os de Fernando Hierro e Iván Campo mostram que assim não é.

"Ao galáctico português, de 32 anos, apetece jogar em Inglaterra e está interessado em negociar, ainda que tenha que ajustar o seu ordenado para que a contratação se possa fazer", sublinha o Daily Mirror.

O Bolton está disposto a pagar ao internacional português 90.000 euros semanais.

De acordo com o jornal, Sam Allardyce deslocou-se a Espanha para conversar sobre a possível transferência de Figo.

Data: Quarta-Feira, 15 de Junho de 2005 10:05:00

25. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada