FIGC & Donadoni reach an agreement

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Matteo4Azzurri, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun4r.html

Roberto Donadoni will be the Italy boss until 2010 after the former Livorno Coach renewed his contract with the Azzurri.

However, failing to impress in Euro 2008 could still mean that Donadoni won't be staying at the helm for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

One clause in the contract will allow both the FIGC and Don to end their relationship within 10 days from the end of the Euros.

Meanwhile, the Azzurri are preparing for their opening game against Holland on Sunday 9 at 7.45pm in Berne.

Fabio Cannavaro has returned to the Nazionale's training camp following his ligament operation, while the team trained behind close doors.

Andrea Barzagli and Marco Materazzi should be the central defenders against the Dutch and since the duo have rarely played together, Donadoni is trying to prepare them quickly.

In midfield, Donadoni may line up Daniele De Rossi alongside Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso, while there shouldn't be any surprises in attack.

Antonio Di Natale should start from the left flank with Luca Toni in the centre and Mauro Camoranesi on the right.

2. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I thought Don insinuated that Chiellini and Barzagli would be in the middle because I thought Matrix was still not fit enough in Don's eyes.

3. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's what I thought too. Chiellini is in better form than Materazzi right now. When it's down to those two... I'll take form over experience when putting my lineup together.

4. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Agree. Plus, Matrix has not always had the best of experiences lol

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know they've already either retired or quit from the national team but I guess its certain now that Donadoni signed, Totti , Nesta & Inzaghi will never dress in blue ever again! Kind of sad really....

6. tutto_azzurri

tutto_azzurri New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    toronto
    i have this feeling that behind the media reports and such, hes actually a really good coach...thats just a gut feeling though.