Fifa World Youth Cup 2009 -Egypt [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Sharles, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tournament take place from 24 September until 16 October

Group F:
    Brazil
    Costa Rica
    Czech Republic
    Australia

Squad called up by Rogério Lourenço :

Goleiros
    Rafael (Cruzeiro), Renan (Atlético-MG) e Saulo (Sport)

Laterais
    Diogo (São Paulo), Douglas (Goiás) e Wellington Junior (Botafogo)

Zagueiros
    Victor Ramos (Vitória), Dalton (Fluminense), Fabrício (Flamengo) e Tolói (Goiás)

Meias
    Boquita (Corinthians), Maylson (Grêmio), Renan (Atlético-PR), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Alex Teixeira (Vasco), Giuliano (Internacional), Sandro (Internacional) e Souza (Vasco)

Atacantes
    Alan Kardec (Vasco), Ciro (Sport) e Maicon (Fluminense)

2. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    One of the weaker squads in recent years, in my opinion...

3. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Is Sandro (Internacional) the one who just got called by Dunga?

4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep. He was the captain of the South American U-20 championship win.

5. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yeah i agree. and it will get weaker if the brazilian clubs convince CBF to cut their starters. ugh. and we just dont have very many good U20 guys abroad either. Pato has obv graduated already. I guess the twins, but Man U would probably cry about it.

6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    what about Sidnei?? or Patric?? what happened to Douglas Costa and Talles Cunha

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Im assuming Breno is to old.

8. Glass Moon

Glass Moon Member

Jul 15, 2005
    Brasil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Pato has become too important for Milan, there is no point calling him for a u-20 tournament.

The remaining abroad players that I can think of are Breno (89), Rafael Carioca (89), Fábio and Rafael (90), Lulinha (90). Breno, Fábio and Rafael are not starters so I think they could be called, but I doubt CBF would want to negotiate with big teams like Manchester and Bayern. Dunno about the others though.

Out of the domestic players the only omissions I see are Dentinho (89), Renan Oliveira (89) and Douglas Costa (90).

9. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Walter will be sorely missed.
    How is his rehabilitation going?

11. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim

Those I will keep an scouting eye on !....okay minus Sandro, who was not really into the idea of taking part of the WC ....as I read before...

Breno could be called, he is only on the bench in Munich...How great would it be...

12. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    This is it,

[​IMG]

14. CPonder14

CPonder14 Member

Jan 14, 2008
    What about Coutinho, Wellington, or Neymar?

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    U-17 team not 20.

16. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We have a creative midfield. Giuliano and Paulo Henrique are in great form and Douglas Costa/ Alex Teixeira are very talented too... We will miss Sandro tho, great volante... Souza had some good games , let's see how well he does.

Our attack is kinda weak IMO... Walter was a beast , too bad he couldn't take part of this, or even Pato , one of Milan's most important players. I don't rate Alan Kardec at all, have seem little of Ciro and nothing of Maicon at all.

About the defense.... I'm really lacking information. I heard some good things about Toloi, we will see.

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Fabricio from Flamengo should be an instrumental part of that backline.

Im a huge fan of Ciro. kid has a lot of heart and grit. he has what it takes even at Sporting Recife.

18. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Brazil debuts on the 27th vs Costa Rica. I would imagine the Czech Republic would be the toughest opponent of the group based on the reputation of their senior team; as for Australia, they've given us some tough matches in junior tournaments past.

I would always be wary of the Africans: Ghana, Nigeria, and Cameroon are always contenders.

The Argentines didn't even make it. That alone makes the road to a 5th title a little easier!

19. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Is this going to be on TV?

20. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    GolTv was showing the S.American qualifiers, but I doubt they will be showing any of the other games

21. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil 5 x 0 Costa Rica

A little shaky in the first minutes, our defense needs to gel and we are really missing Sandro and Breno. Offensively, we were perfect. My highlights:

Toloi 6,5: On a overall shaky performance of our defense, he was certainly the better central defender.

Diogo 7,0: The best on the back, kinda sloppy start but later on contributed a lot on the attack , showing great technique and dribbling, and also stole some balls.

Souza 6.5: Stole balls, showed technique... Good match.

Giuliano 8,0: MotM for me. Participated a lot, contributed efficiently and score a classy goal.

Alex Teixeira 7,0: Brought hell for Costa Rica's defenders from the left, with great speed and dribbling technique. Scored a goal on a rebound. A very ugly dive tho , I'm knocking some points because of that ;p

Paulo Henrique 6,5: Weak first half, showed quality on the second.Almost scored on two opportunities and made some good passes. I expect more from him.

Kardec 7,5: He is mocking me , for certain. I said that I don't rate him at all, and today he scored two goals. A monster in the air and showed opportunism in the ground. A Luis Fabiano-style striker.

Boquita 7,0: Was subbed in at the last minutes ofthe second half and scored an absolute CRACKER from 30m~ish.

The rest of the team was okayish, I wanted to mention the RB too, he had a good match as well, but I forgot his name =x

EDIT:

The name of the RB is Douglas. Here is a vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOQWwevIZc"]YouTube - Sub-20 Brasil 5 x 0 Costa Rica 27/09/09[/ame]

22. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    Thanks for the video and your impressions. I missed the game, Hoffenheim played too, when Brazil played, I think.

Great win, great start for the WC.

23. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil 0 x Czech 0

Boring game. The Czechs came to park the bus in front of their goal box and we lacked creativity to break it up.We've managed to maintain a very large ball possession percentage, but we didn't use it efficiently, in a unexpired performance.

Brief Highlights:
    negatives:
    Diogo - was okay defensively, but supported less. His passing accuracy today was abysmal , and he lost the ball twice in our own half of the field, putting us in a dangerous situation. He must be more careful.

Souza- Didn't steal balls, didn't create plays, didn't do anything of notice. That's bad , since his position is very influential on this formation.

Paulo Henrique- He showed that he is great at protecting the ball, it's very hard to take it from him. However , he missed a lot of passes and couldn't create much. He has quality, but he must participate more.

Giuliano - participated a lot , like in the first game, but this time he lacked efficiency.

Positive:
    -Defense: Well we weren't attacked as much as in the first game, but we showed some improvement on positioning and coordination.
    -Alex Teixeira: Dear goodness, what technique. Excellent dribbler, managed to pass by two-three players in a row quite frequently, even tho he only started to try harder in the final minutes ( Take a look at 4:05~4:55 in the vid!). I would say that he is a serial dribbler :D He's being a nice surprise so far. He even hit the post.

Vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPBCGPtv_0w"]YouTube - Brazil vs Czech Republic 0-0 Highlights World cup under 20 30/09/2009[/ame]

24. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Thanx for the great reporting Bakaman:)
    Keep up the good work.
    From the video seems precision in shooting was lacking.

25. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil 3 x 1 Australia

Australia proved to be a very weak opponent ( even tho we were playing with our reserves, minus Maylson, Rafael and Paulo Henrique), but they were dangerous in the beggining because their goal raised their morale. However , Brasil managed to take the reins of the game and won confortably. Even so , we missed a lot of passes and our defense was very frail again.

Brief Highlights:

Negative:
    The defense: We need to work on this. Next game is against Uruguay , a team that always attacks us as equals and that has a very good attacking arsenal. Renan is bloody clueless, he couldn't even clear the ball correctly.

Rafael: A horrible mistake led to Australia's goal. That certainly hit his confidence, and he commited another mistake, this time not resulting in a goal. He needs to raise his chin and move on.

Bertucci: I hope that Diogo never gets hurt/suspended, since his back up can't defend, or even pass, to save his life. He is fast tho.

Positive:
    Paulo Henrique: MotM. Defense piercing passes. Ball protection. Classy goals. He can do it all. Participated much more on this match , seems to have gained confidence.... A joy to watch. What a golaço.

Douglas Costa: His talent is huge, but he still needs to learn how and when to use it. Almost scored a beauty, Paulo Henrique sliced the defense open with a pass, Douglas dribbled the keeper and shot with a rabona shot, missed by a centimeter.

Ciro: A great dribbler, with a good shot. Ambidexterous too. A gem, he was a bit selfish today but that's common for a striker. Nice goal, I think he deserves a spot on the starting XI.

Vid:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8iI_Tgi1k"]YouTube - Brazil vs Australia (3-1) All Goals Highlights [FIFA World Cup U-20 Egypt 2009][/ame]