FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Other Teams Thread

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Aug 28, 2022.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Saudi Arabia feel like the home nation now. Strong home tie atmosphere feeling.

2. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    They do.

Might have been different a few years ago when tensions between Qatar and Saudi was at their highest and their fans might not have travelled as much.

3. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Not overally impressed with France. I think we can beat them if we keep mbappe quiet

4. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    That feels unlikely. If we do end up with them I think it could be end with a 2010 result vs Germany.

RobTheFool repped this.
  5. MrSnrub

MrSnrub Member+

Oct 7, 2018
    Dunno about that, France are very ominous going forward. You never get the feeling they will score less than 2 goals.

It's very difficult to see us doing well in that match up, others, outside perhaps Brazil I could see us at least putting up a fight, but France I think are much better than us, and we have a massive inferority complex against good countries at the best of times.

6. N. Platini

N. Platini Member

Jan 31, 2006
    Londres
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You got outplayed by the US……

7. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    I actually think we would could limit Brazil to one or two goals but I think for France they could get more, maybe many more.

8. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    You know a tournament is getting into its groove when non-England fans are coming into this thread picking out the few posts that are confident of England’s chances :ninja:

W.A.S.P. and Phillyspur repped this.
  9. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021

10. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Best atmosphere of the WC so far. Argentina v Mexico. Wish every game was like this but too many have felt dead.

11. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm not confident. Just saying Denmark should have been winning that game.

12. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    What did we think? Yellow ok?

[​IMG]

13. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    I would worry about France the most to be honest, not so much because of Mbappe, because I think a fit Kyle Walker can do a better job than most of dealing with him, but because of the physicality and the fact that they're superior in almost every part of the pitch.

14. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I really don't agree. Rabiot and touachemi are not superior to Bellingham and rice. Their fullbacks aren't superior. Lloris isn superior to Pickford. Their attacking wide players aren't superior. The only area they're superior Is centre back and strikers

15. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    I'm not completely English biased because I would swap mbappe for kane In a heartbeat

16. Jenks

Jenks Member+

Feb 16, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    r u mental

17. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    No. Dembele and coman aren't superior to sterling or saka. If u are referring to mbappe then yes.

18. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    To be honest, Roverman asks for when he keeps coming out with his nonsense. It’s like he instantly forgets how bad we were last night and then makes bizarre claims.

19. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    Yep. We were bad. Yet we have the same goals scored and conceded as France. France are better than us of course but not superior as some people claim

20. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
    If we have another game on Tuesday like we did last night I will concede we are not as good as I think we are. These games happen but if we win 5-0 we are the best in the world. (Tongue In cheek) seriously though we are somewhere in between. I just don't find the hype justified for some of these teams

21. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Yeah but there’s probably a time and a place to make these claims and after last night when you could say the US forwards were better than ours it probably isn’t now. Hell we even managed to make Robinson look like prime Roberto Carlos.

roverman repped this.
  22. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Go in any forum and their are some outlandish comments. People always come in and pick out the sole one. It’s just strange.

23. Fireburn47

Fireburn47 Member+

West Ham United
    England
    Nov 5, 2021
    Argentina v Mexico was a let down. I was expecting a much more enjoyable Match.

24. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    CONCACAF teams yet to win a game at the finals. Wonder how long that lasts?

25. ht_hu96

ht_hu96 Member+

Middlesbrough
    England
    May 23, 2019
    Mexico are a weird nation football wise. Given their passion for the sport, proximity to football mad S America, their huge population and their similarities socio-economically to the likes of Argentina and Brazil, you’d think they’d be a superpower akin to those two in football, but they’ve never really been at that level or even threatened to get there.

W.A.S.P. repped this.