FIFA World Cup Brasil 2014 - General Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You count your passive-aggressive inner-child response below as "discussion"?

It's very simple, Höwedes scores that early goal, that is game. The door is closed and that's it. The Argies would've pushed for a goal, and Klose would've never been subbed and we hit them for the counter which they were very slow in the back. Schürrle was blowing the defense as if it wasn't there. That was the game, and the World Cup for us. Fortunate these are all ridiculous "if" games that are full of anger.

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  2. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It conveys a point that has merit IMO.

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, it doesn't. Howedes is not a striker to be expected to put away goals easily, Higuain on the other hand is and has five WC goals to this tally. Higuain's chance came earlier, it was the first clear chance of the match, and had it gone in it would completely change the complexion of the rest of the match. As it was, Argentina gave fits to the German defense, now let's imagine how it could have been with a one goal lead, bringing Germany even further up in its lines.

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  4. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I tend to agree. The problem is elsewhere. We are here in our own forum discussing the what if and what if nots, reflecting on missed chances on our side and so on. Agreed, it's all theoretical, but we certainly don't need a German to come over and rub it in. I call that being classless in victory.

But that's only Dage, as far as I can tell. We have had very good exchanges with other Germans here, and I hope it continues.

P.S.: What's the deal with Dunga in your avatar?

MatthausSammer repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you cant live with "What if" discussion, then there's no point to be on internet board. Just open live score where you can simply look at the final result which all fact instead of "What if"

People love discuss past matches and stuff because they have enthuastism on this sport. This is Argentina team section of the board so majority of people here is going to speak from Argentina team perspective.

Pipiolo repped this.
  6. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good question. I was wondering the same...
    On a related note, I still don't get the Dunga nomination.

7. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Guess I'd show support for a couple days to someone who helped build one of my favorite teams to watch; Brazil 2010, given he's giving it another go. :)

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean seriously. I've been keeping up with the thread. This is your comment.

9. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

hi guy, i'm here to promote a documentary i am doing currently about my experience of the world cup 2014 i had in new york city. i went to places all over to watch the games. i had a fantastic time. i documented my experience and i am here to leave you with a trailer of the documentary and will be premiering later in august. hope you guys enjoy it when it's uploaded.

for argentina, i went to four games. their game against bosina and herzegovina, iran, belgium and the final against germany

10. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    it is our destiny to play against fifa team everytime we reach the final,, I wonder if germany team would have become a powerhouse had fifa lifted his tremendous support for them

the referee of the year in germany says germany are lucky because rizzoli didnt call for a penalty against neuer

Zwayer: Neuer hatte hier "sehr viel Glück"

Grassau - Manuel Neuer hatte nach Meinung der deutschen Schiedsrichterei bei seinem Einsteigen gegen Argentiniens Stürmer Gonzalo Higuain im WM-Finale eine gehörige Portion Glück.

„Die Entscheidung Stürmerfoul hat mich sehr überrascht. Das ist für uns ein Strafstoß und Gelb", sagte Deutschlands Schiedsrichter des Jahres Felix Zwayer (Berlin) am Rande des Lehrgangs der Schiedsrichter aus Bundesliga und 2. Liga in Grassau am Chiemsee.

Der aus seinem Tor geeilte Neuer hatte den Ball in der fraglichen Szene in der 57. Minute des Endspiels weggefaustet, Higuain dabei allerdings umgerempelt. „Deutschland hat sehr viel Glück gehabt in dieser Situation", meinte der frühere Referee Hellmut Krug, der inzwischen der „Schiedsrichter-Kommission Elite" des Deutschen Fußball-Bundes (DFB) angehört. Krug attestierte Neuer „übermäßigen Körpereinsatz", der Torhüter habe seinen Gegenspieler „voll erwischt". Krug teilte deshalb Zwayers Meinung zum in dieser Situation erforderlichen Strafmaß.

http://www.tz.de/sport/fussball/sch...ene-gegen-higuain-viel-glueck-zr-3709093.html

Pekerman repped this.
  11. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    To be frank, I didn't expect a penalty, but certainly a yellow card and free kick (imho the foul was just outside the area).

Apart from that, I don't buy into your FIFA team theory. Germany are an outstanding team by themselves. If there was a FIFA team in this WC it would have been Brazil instead, but then they wouldn't have been slaughtered 7-1.

12. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    just to let everyone know, in 1986 final there was a clear penalty for maradona after being harshly tackled by scheumacher in the second half. however the referee called for an old foul which he originaly did not want to call for but at least its better for fifateam than the penalty

13. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bsas. for your information, germany have always implemented a doping program which helped them, among with referees such as rizzoli, to be what they are now. in 1966, 3 german players failed a doping test but nothing happened to them. however, when maradona failed to the same substance, he was harshly punished

Pekerman repped this.
  14. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    in 1982 germany conspired against algeria, no sanction taken against germany by fifa. in the same taurnament, sheumacher sent the french battiston the emergency room, again nothing happened. however, when maradona kicked the brazilian player he was immediately expelled

15. benztown

benztown Member+

Jun 24, 2005
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart

So wait, you joined today just to leave two identical posts on this issue that has been debated to death with various refs chiming in coming down on all sides (though mostly on: No foul + throw in for Argentina).

[​IMG]

Dage and MatthausSammer repped this.
  16. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    benztown
    your post just proves that u can not deny the referee influence in the game
    this referee is the reason why bayern munich won CL 2013
    they already know the refs who can support them( codesal, larrionda, rizzoli,...etc)

17. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    argentina and brazil must protest against neutralizing foreign players programs that germany, belgium ,france and the rest of european teams implemented for only soccer purposes. no one can deny the fact that gerome boating was the best player in the german squad in the final like khedira and ozil have always been in prevoius games. I am not against this program and i support it. but the abuse that germany and france are doing to this program and utilizing it for only soccer purposes cant go without being quesioned. germany won 2014 because of foreign player , can u believe that the brother of one german player was playing for another national team in the taurnament?!!
    france also won 98 because of this system. in my opinion they are abusing it. this behavoiur must stop and shoud be fought like doping and match fixing are fought

18. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    brazil lost to the world team not to germany. brazil played against turkey, poland, ghana tunisia and germany and they finally lost. but when they played against germany alone they have always beaten them so easily even by their local team like 1999 in confideration cup

19. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    how can someone like demichillis play in the squad?? im sorry i called him someone because i dont consider him a football player! the only advantage that he brought to the team was bringing the best out of mascherano and zabaleta as they were very busy fixing his mistakes and repairing the damage that he inflected!! otamendi would have been perfect for the system that sabella used. basanta was great in the game he played. I just dont see the point of calling demichillis over and over again. we finally got rid of Ayalla and now we have to deal with his successor

20. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seriously, man, which stone did you creep out from? Give Micho a rest. He did very well in this WC, as he did for his club in the last months.

Pipiolo repped this.
  21. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    in 1986 germany was using performance enhancing substances according to scheumacher. argentina was able to win the final even though their opponents was breaking the law and using banned substances. we could have lost the cup because of the practices of this team.

bechenbauer (the symbol of corruption) kicked scheumacher out of the squad so that no one would tell us what substances germany used in 1990.

22. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    demmichillis is the one to blame for the goal because he left gotze alone and run to cover an empty area!!!
    in the netherland game he had some horrible mistakes but thank god macherano and zabaleta were there to protect us!!
    in belgium game and right towards the end lukako almost scores and demi was watching thank god we were lucky that moment otherewise we would have bn knocked out because of demichillis.

garay never had such mistakes. in my opinion, garay is the best defender in the world at the moment.

tatoRMN and Pekerman repped this.
  23. rizzoli&codesal

rizzoli&codesal Red Card

Jul 27, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    when Robben got past demichillis in the last minute, i almost had a heart attack. only mascherano to save my life. for this i wont forget mascherano ever. vamous mascherano

24. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Most of the points you make RizzoliCodesal are not worth discussing to be frank.

However the 1990 final was a farce officiated by a clown with a penalty won by diving. Not to mention several other highly dubious decisions.

locoxriver repped this.
  25. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    #1850 Pekerman, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    RizzoliCodesal makes some very legitimate points.
    Neuer jump kick would be a red card in any euro league...

Demechelis did well, much better than Fernandez but still wasn't perfect. Garay was an absolute monster, by miles the best defender right now.

substance abuse isnt anything new btw
    Spain case is still fresh with their destroyed evidence and it was (probably still is) standard practice in most euro leagues with many players admitting to taking special "juice" and injections.