FIFA World Cup: Argentina v. Nigeria (Group F) - June 25, 2014

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Se acaba de confirmar el desgarro del Kun :( :(
    queda fuera de la copa

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    he is slower than my grandma, fat and cant dribble. Cant believe I am saying this but Palacio would be much better

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Christina99 and canis repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Messi did not score in opening game he'll probably looks the same as Higuain and Kun in term of finishing. Our attacking 4 has been devastating in last 2 years, number of goals proof that, so they naturally came into this tournament carrying huge expectation.

Di Maria for intense clearly desperate to get his name on scoresheet yesterday. Now add the fact Higuain suffered ankle injury near the end of the season and Aguero has been subbed out multiple times with similar injuries while playing for City, its not a good thing for them. If Lavezzi and Palacio play full minutes and fail to deliver , they will not get criticize as much as Aguero and Higuain.

6. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    but for all their misses, they at least have the work rate and movement. Thats guaranteed with them

johnbarley2 repped this.
  7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Is Aguero out of the World Cup? I hope not.

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes although its not Sabella's fault to trust Aguero and Higuain for the group stage matches, they've been playing well since he was appointed 3 years ago. Higuain scored 9 goals in qualifier despite playing less than Messi so would be no brainer for Sabella to suddenly start Palacio at WC. But those matches are over anyway, now we've seen Higuain and Kun struggling with their fitness so its time to react quick and starts the other two.

9. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    apparently :(

10. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    How great was di maria's long range shooting? No goals but each of his 3 shots were perfectly placed and hit with lots of power. The di maria/lavezzi free kick was another highlight.

Christina99 and Pipiolo repped this.
  11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he does out from WC, we could be in trouble if one more forward gets injured. We usually bring 6 strikers but this time only 5. Tevez voodoo hoodoo is strong on this one.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Christina99 and johnbarley2 repped this.
  13. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    Well I think its clear that we have to start lavezzi or go 4-4-2. If we are protecting a lead, best would be to replace pipa with biglia/enzo and having messi lead the line. Aguero only makes sense if we are chasing but even then I'm not sure that palace or Ricky aren't better options.

14. johnbarley2

johnbarley2 Member+

Jan 19, 2013
    kind of think that icardi would have done more with some of those through balls.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But he's the most hated footballer on the planet right now, maybe alongside Suarez.

Christina99 repped this.
  16. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    I really think picking Maxi and even Augusto is lookinh useless. They play in positions that dont even fit in our formations and with Aguero going down we need another striker.

I think Sabella and his staff knew Aguero/Higuain were not %100 fit so why not select 6 strikers instead of wasting spots on the final roster!

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who would've been the 6th forward? Di Santo? We all know Sabella's pattern and mannerisms when it comes to this team. An outside shot that Icardi had? Wouldn't of happened.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'll put Demichellis upfront instead of him. Demichellis scored 29 goals for club and country from back position and Di Santo scored 31 goals in total as a striker.

johnbarley2 and locoxriver repped this.
  19. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Salvio, Ocampos, and pretty much anyone from the Argentina league would do fine

20. Sagacious

Sagacious Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes...every touch of his proved to be futile.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Salvio? Ocampos(Who is a winger, than he is a forward)?. As I pointed out, Sabella wasn't going to have a surprise call-up who never played under his tenure. I would've loved to seen Zarate called up for the World Cup because of his form, but even now when the World Cup is going on and questioning about why he didn't call up so and so, it's a little too late for that discussion.

22. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    True it is late but we all thought Augusto/Maxi were questionable call-ups

23. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think next game Sabella should start Palacio, and then sub him for Higuain at 60 mins or so. Otherwise, the pressure will get stronger and stronger on Pipita if he doesn't score.

24. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    This is not true. We had talked about this years ago. El Pipita has the pace to get there, he just has poor finishes.
    He has been this way since more than 6 years ago. Being able to get to the ball meant he had a LOT of chances, and he was able to finish a percentage of those so he seemed getting better and better, unfortunately that percentage has not really improved...

25. rios

rios Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Club:
    Villarreal CF
    If Kun was fit then he could also play #9, which he's much more enthusiastic to play than that #7/#11 position.
    Palacio doesn't bring anything extra to the table.