FIFA World Cup: Argentina v. Netherlands (Semifinals) - July 9, 2014 [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by locoxriver, Jul 5, 2014.

1. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tenemo 5 mundial. Wow Bravo that's one more than Italy. My ancient sources told me they use to rub it in when they won 3, it was "La Tripleta"

I hope Brazil doesn't win shit for another 200 years, so they can shove that useless argument where it doesn't shine.

BRA7IL

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  2. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    romero having tips during PK

3. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At last we learnt something from the Germans!..

4. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think anyone has commented yet, what a pass by Maxi to Palacio that could have won it in extra time! Beautiful lob to take out the entire line of Dutch defenders :cool:

cigar_city and canis repped this.
  5. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    maxi to palacio..? isnt messi passed the ball..?

6. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maxi.

Romero´s paper was not a list of names, but a personal note for encouragement, according to him.

Pipiolo repped this.
  7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Who was supposed to be the fifth taker for us? Was it Palacio?

8. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I guess it was Rihanna's infamous tweet: "Romero is on point". Is there any better encouragement than that?

locoxriver and canis repped this.
  9. Sagacious

Sagacious Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://gfycat.com/JubilantDearestEarwig

Are you guys talking about this?

10. canis

canis Member

Jun 10, 2014
    La reina del Plata
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. elbp

elbp Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Cordoba, ARG
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And that was that. We are through to the final. Despite what some pundits are saying, I think it was an excellent football match. Tactically masterful, technically without blemishes. It was as tight as a duck's arse. This was mostly due to Van Gaal's masterplan, and partly due to the way Sabella and the hands-on pitch manager, Mascherano, read the Dutchman's deadlock and adapted to the script. Argentina wanted it more, I guess, but were wise not take too many risks leaving the Dutch plenty of space to counter. My only quip is with Sabella's replacements, not the outs, but the inns. While Palacio and Maxi were meant to provide fresh legs, Aguero is clearly not fit to play. Even if he was fit to play, why on earth try to feed him airballs against the imperious excellence of the monster-sized Vlaar?

I think the back four had a superb performance, even Demichelis ---van Persie didn't even touch the ball all night-, questioned by almost everyone I know. Garay has been Argentina's best defender by far in this WC. Rojo and Zaba have Viking blood yet they were very calm and kept to the plan. Add to those four, Biglia-Masche. Masche got all the praise deservedely (the block against Robben deserved a 10 in its own) but Biglia was always the second man to tackle on Robben. He played a wonderful match.

We have plenty of options in the attacking department. They haven't shined, thouhg, we've been focusing on getting our act together in the back four+the double midfield. It's rather understandable they haven't seen much of the ball. They must know they should make the most of it when they have it. Against the Dutch, this was not the case. We wasted free kicks, set pieces and several good offensive plays. This cannot happen against Zee Germans. Throughout the match, I felt Messi was not right, something to do with his body language. It didn't feel like he was injured, rather troubled. Then someone told me he had been very affected by the death of Ole's Toto Lopez in a car crash, whom he had befriended.

Happy to be in the final again. Happy to be the underdogs. Happy that Zee Germans have already won the World Cup. Happy to have these guys defending our colors, with passion and leaving it all in the field.
    The way it should always be.

Uzuriaga, locoxriver and Pipiolo repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Italy 1990, Brazil 1982 and Argentina 2006 are best example of great team that failed to even reach the final.

Even though I saupport Argentina, no doubt Italy was better team than Argentina in 1990 if you look all their previous matches but it that semifinal game, they conceided for the first time and it cost them at the end. It was cruel for them just like for us in 2006 QF but that's football.

Italy 2006 is another team that people wouldnt like if they prefer attacking football. Scrappy win against Australia, won at 119 minutes against Germany, won by shootout in the final. But they went all the way with that and that's what really count. Buffon didnt even make a save in that shootout.

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Won Argentina 5 penalty shootout between 1990-1994
    [​IMG]

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RacingGirl repped this.
  15. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lmao. average? are you on drugs?

Christina99 repped this.
  16. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Food court in Brazil

Albiceleste2010 and Sandinista repped this.
  17. RacingGirl

RacingGirl Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 8, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thats enough Mascherano, quit following me around. image.jpg

elbp, locoxriver, Uzuriaga and 1 other person repped this.
  18. Cviet

Cviet Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Yes Argentina is an average team. Please don't act like brasil fan who think that their team is anything more than average. You had the easiest route to the final with only Holland and beligum as worthy opponent. You barely beat Iran... Yes you Argentina is an average team. A team I rather face than beligum because Messi is easy to contain.

Oh and don't act like a jerk. Did you really laugh your ass off, is it still intact? Are you on drugs or are you super bias?

It not like your going to beat Germany anyway.

19. mistert06

mistert06 Member

Jul 4, 2006
    You said messi is average in this cup. I think you don't know the meaning of the word average, sorry.

20. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    you barely beat algeria....
    we beat Belgium in the first 10 minutes...they couldnt even muster one attack.

21. Cariverplate246

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Side note,.. Argentina has only conceded 3 goals in 6 games.. 2 being in one

22. Cariverplate246

Jun 12, 2014
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    And 8 goals in 6 games.

23. Cviet

Cviet Member

Jul 1, 2014
    We never played Algeria in this cup?

24. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm glad Argentina are in the final because if I had to hear "Seven Nation Army" in the World Cup final I would've been depressed...also Higuaín, Demichelis and Mascherano are GOAT!!

25. ihatewaiting4years

Apr 29, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that's awesome. there's no other way to put it. that's just awesome