FIFA U-20 World Cup: Korea Republic 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by BocaFan, Feb 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #401 Fector, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
    [Deleted]

2. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Lol, yeah Nigeria contributed enormously to help the development of those English born, raised and educated players.

W.A.S.P. repped this.
  3. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    #403 Fector, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2017
    [Deleted]

4. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Bit of harmless banter. Sheesh...
    But Nigeria did contribute enormously to their development given all their parents were Nigerian, so no matter when they were brought up Nigerians had the key impact on who they are.

5. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #405 Nico Limmat, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Right. Let's get this thread back on track.

I would like to strongly remind everyone that personal attacks and sweeping generalization of nationality, ethnicity and religion have no place here. It was a pain cleaning up this thread so don't test my patience.

It is a well established that "slanted-eye" gestures cause offense and players should refrain from doing them no matter the intention. Now back to football.

sitruc repped this.
  6. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #406 Daninho777, Jun 8, 2017
    I said congrats to Venezuela and I don't mind them winning but don't get carried away. You had 1 shot on target the whole 90 mins which was the dumb free kick that should of never been given away and we missed several clear cut chances including a one on one. It was an even game mostly but Uruguay should of definitely won in the 90 mins. Even your players were clearly frustrated towards the end because they couldn't do anything until they pulled that goal out if nowhere. Venezuela only grew after the equaliser and after Uruguayan heads dropped because of it.

It's a clear penalty for a dangerous studs up challenge. And if you wanna talk about refereeing. Your players elbowed De la Cruz 3 times and at least one should of got sent off but got spared.

Rodriguez is the best right back in the tournament by the way. Had Peñaranda in his pocket all game

7. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Actually it sounded beautiful in the Uruguay match against Japan ........
    :p
    (btw, equally as beautiful as when Uruguay played against Mexico, during Copa America Centenario, 2016)

8. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lol I honestly don't understand how they can get it wrong so many times. If it was with the Paraguayan anthem then at least I could say okay the names are kind of similar. But with Chile it's not even close!

Must be a troll somewhere in there in fifa

9. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    #409 Gerlestat, Jun 8, 2017
    Thank you, and dont worry, we wont get carried away...
    For real? No chances in the 90'?

Well, this video shows another history... Yeah, it was an even game with very low chances to score to both teams... BTW, Schiappacasse "one to one" was outside...

At the first 20 seconds of the game we had our first shot on target... Mele sended it to the corner kick.
    Any team should of definitely won on the 90's, but my team had the ball in 65% of the time, while yours played how you called us before: "ratonero" (Catenaccio).

Yeah, our guys were frustated, first time in those instances and with a hard squad in front of us, and losing the game, but having the ball almost all the time, that should be frustrating to them as they are not used to when that happens
    Well, im not the only one who saw Mejía touching the ball, for example, today in DTS's Futbol Total they saw the same thing... VAR almost ********ed USA against Arabia Saudí, almost ********ed Italy, almost ********ed us...
    In the video you can see how Peñaranda dribbled him (and Valverde), made a triangulation that generated a really dangerous play against your goal line...

From my point of view, the best right back in the tournament was in that game, but didnt played due to a double yellow card suspension, i mean Ronald Hernandez... Youll see him in the final tho along with Williams Hernandez and Velasquez, our starting players in the defensive line that didnt played today...

For As, Ronald was the best in the first round, and probably will be in the "Ideal Team" at the end of the tournament...

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2017/05/29/internacional/1496049458_354449.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Again, congratulations, you have a quite nice squad and i hope you beat Italy in the 3rd place's game.

10. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    By the way, these are the official stats of the game:

[​IMG]

Suyuntuy repped this.
  11. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You had one chance in the first 10 minutes and probably one or two in the last 10. Apart from that Uruguay was comfortable the whole 90 minutes. We created a few more dangerous chances. Schiappacasse was outside? I don't know what you mean but he missed from the 6 yard box completely unmarked. If he scored that it was all over.

Ratonero? I don't think we have ever called anyone ratonero. We don't use that word. Possession doesn't mean anything if you can barely create any real chances. Every time we pressed high your defence made mistakes. I hope England doesn't notice that because otherwise your defence might be in trouble. Playing on the counter is not being ratonero, especially when you have the better chances of the game in my opinion. I don't think Uruguay played overly defensive, at least until their confidence dropped after the equalizer. Even on the stats you posted you can see they had more shots on target and more chances.

I think Rodriguez controlled well enough, that's the only thing I can remember Penaranda doing. Besides that he was solid defensively and attacking like he has been all tournament. I'll have to see the other guy in the final but Rodriguez has been great in every single game defensively and very dangerous when attacking.

Anyway, that's how I saw the game. But we are both bias. So agree to disagree. Good luck in the final. Hopefully the cup comes back to south america at least.

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Are they seriously going to use this VAR in next year's World cup? That is a scary thought.

While they got the penalty decision in the URU-VEN match correct, it was lucky in the sense that there was a natural stoppage in play right after that incident. What if the ball had stayed in play? Then what?

13. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    #413 Rickdog, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    That's easy to fix : the offended team simply kicks the ball out, fouls an opponent, and maybe even invade the pitch with paramedics to attend the fallen player, forcing the stoppage of play. And while at it, can force the use of VAR, with the 4th official, if there is reasonable doubt over a play.

BocaFan repped this.
  14. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    #414 Gerlestat, Jun 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    LoL... I posted the offical Game's Stats... And yes, Schiappacasse was outside in that "6-box play"... The linier raised his flag, the referee conceded outside, the goalkeeper made the freekick...

Again, i posted a video, see that video and watch what im saying...

No, you used another word but yeah, go to "Vinotinto post" and start reading everytime Venezuela beated or tied Uruguay... "Mezquino, No juegan a nada, Ponen el Autobus mas murcielago" between other things, you know thats true, and know you played like that...

As stats show:
    1. We created 17 chances vs 21 chances of Uruguay (Are you telling me that we generated 4 in the 90's and 14 in the extra time?), Uruguay only had 4 more chances than Venezuela...
    2. Stats says you had 7 shots on goal, we had 5 (a hit to the post is not a shot on target BTW and we had one).
    3. Stats shows we had 6 blocked shot from the goalkeeper (some of them with no real danger) and you had 4.
    4. Stats shows we had 7 v 7 corner kicks.
    I dont know what game did you saw, but to telling we had 2 on the first ten minutes and 2 on the last 10 minutes and thats all we got on that game, and particularly to say "Uruguay had many more chances than Venezuela" and then specially to say that Schiappacasse's play was not an OffSide (please, ther linier raised his flag and the referee blew his whistle) makes me thing you saw another game that was definitely not the same game i saw...

For what you are saying here, Uruguay had many more chances and Venezuela had no chances at all...

Well... As every panelist on every country of every TV program in Southamérica (but Uruguay's) said... THE BEST TEAM IN THE FIELD WON THE GAME AND IS IN THE FINAL...Sorry

1 on the first 10, 2 on the last 10... Ok, ok hahahahah:ROFLMAO::D:thumbsup:

15. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Análisis de futbol total (Latin Américan Wide)

Análisis de Camino a las canchas (Ecuador)

Análisis desde Perú:

See other countrys online newspappers and sport news sites and they will see exactly the same: "EL MEJOR EQUIPO EN CANCHA ESTÁ EN LA FINAL"... No offence, but the best reached the final :thumbsup:

16. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    #416 Daninho777, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    LOL so you use stats to show how even the game is, where Uruguay is ahead on almost every stat by the way. But then say the best team on the field won? makes sense.

And yes Uruguay's chances were a lot more dangerous than Venezuelas in the 90 mins and that's what the numbers don't show.

I said on my first post how even the game was and that it could of gone either way and you came in saying how MUCH better Venezuela was which is completely untrue, "divine justice" bla bla sobrandote. That's the problem with small teams they win a few games or do well once and suddenly their humbleness goes all out the window. Like Penaranda taunting Uruguayan players, who needs to come back down to earth because he's nothing special yet if he will ever be.

I don't know the post history of Uruguayans here, I don't think there's even many. But we couldn't care less about Venezuela on a football level and whenever we have lost or tied or whatever I know for a fact that most Uruguayans blame our own team for playing bad than saying anything about Venezuela.

Most pundits will be on Venezuelas side since they all love an underdog and want them to do well.

Look at your second last line all in capitals, again sobrandote. Should be more humble. I've praised your team many times. It's a decent under 20s team and have done well to get to the final but you're not far and above the best like you're claiming.

17. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Esto lo diré en español, porque no quiero que se torne político... En principio tengo un primo allá jugando, tengo familiares allá presentes y se muy bien que fue lo que pasó en el hotel...

"Peñaranda taunting", SI... Después de mil humillaciones que comenzaron apenas llegaron ambos seleccionados al mismo hotel... Valverde y Bentancur dijeron, en palabras textuales: "Los vamos a cagar a goles, y no tienen papel con que limpiarse, míralos, hasta lástima me dan"...

Utilizaron el tema de la crisis venezolana para tratar de sacar a los nuestros del partido, y ahora culpas a Peñaranda por darles una respuesta en las redes sociales? No me jodas, en serio!!!

Mismo gesto de reverencia de Bentancur para con nuestro arquero y luego el público, el gesto de no recuerdo quien coño poniendo sus manos en las orejas... Todo eso lo vio todo el mundo, y ahora quieres venir a culpar a Peñaranda?

Desde la previa los jugadores uruguayos estaban calentando el partido, perdieron, ahora se tienen que bancar el chalequeo, porque los que comenzaron con el "taunting" fueron los suyos, y burlándose de las eventualidades por las que pasa un pueblo, burlándose de la tragedia ajena... El "juego psicológico" les salió al revés, y ahora es Peñaranda? En serio?

Lo demás no te lo discuto, juego parejo, ganó el mejor, listo, no hay nada mas que decir!

My excuses for the posting in spanish, this is something i want him to know, he knows, every latin american knows how the Rioplatenses are, and he is blaming Peñaranda for "Taunting" the Uruguayans, when they were taunting our players since the very precise moment they get into the same hotel, even told about our players:

"We gonna shit on them with goals, and they dont even have tissue paper to clean themselves, i feel pitty for them" - Bentancur to Valverde in the Hotel's Lobby...

Now that Peñaranda answered in twitter, this guy says it is Peñaranda's fault?... Oh, Well!!!!!

18. Daninho777

Daninho777 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    No se, yo lo que escuche fue que 5 o 6 jugadores Uruguayos estaban saludando a familiares y todo el equipo Venezolano estaba ahí y Peñaranda empezó a bardear y ahí se armo lío. Lo demás no lo sé pero se me hace difícil de creer que hayan dicho cosas así. Y más sin ser provocados primeros. Valverde es re contra tímido además apenas habla no lo veo diciendo cosas así.

Cualquiera de los dos lados va a decir lo que le conviene para quedar bien. Los que estuvieron ahí sabrán la verdad.

Los gestos del partido fueron contra los hinchas coreanos que estaban silbando a los Uruguayos.

Anyway, no vale la pena discutir. Ya fue. Good luck in the final.

19. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Esto pasó Daninho777:

El día miércoles hubo cierto intercambio de palabras entre Peñaranda, Sosa y Graterol contra Valverde y Bentancur... La selección se preparaba para ingresar al desayuno y se cruzaron en el Lobby donde estaban varios jugadores uruguayos junto a algunos de sus familiares, y Valverde y Bentancur, entre carcajadas bastante fuertes, dicen en un tono de voz muy fuerte: "LOS VAMOS A CAGAR A GOLES Y NO TIENEN NI PAPEL CON QUE LIMPIARSE, MIRALOS, HASTA LASTIMA ME DAN"... Peñaranda reacciona lanzando un beso, y de allí hubo intercambio de palabras (por eso dije que Peñaranda estaría repartiendo besos en el partido).

No fue la primera ni la última vez EN LA PREVIA de las semifinales que los jugadores uruguayos provocaron a los nuestros, de parte de los nuestros nunca hubo reacción...

Ahora, a las 9:00 pm de antes de ayer (hora coreana), Venezuela salía de la cena, y de nuevo estaban algunos jugadores uruguayos junto a sus familiares en el lobby del hotel, antes de entrar a la cena ya Peñaranda le había tirado un beso a De La Cruz que estaba con su novia embarazada al lado, Nico mucho caso no le hizo, solo le lanzó una mirada...

Al salir de la cena, Peñaranda muy risueño le tira un beso a, suponen, Amaral mientras esperaba el ascensor, y le dice "Pide la bendición hijo" haciendo un gesto de MC rapero norteamericano (Pasando la palma de su mano por su pecho de lado a lado), Amaral se le encima junto a Rodriguez y Schiappacasse y salen otros jugadores Uruguayos a encimarsele, por lo que Peñaranda corre por el pasillo hacia la salida del comedor donde estaba el resto de la delegación, hasta allí lo persiguieron los jugadores uruguayos y allí se armó la trifulca.

Peñaranda dice palabras, Valverde empuja, persiguen, pretenden coñacerar a Peñaranda y se prendió el problema.

Los uruguayos lo buscaron en la previa, ahora debían calarse su chalequeo calladitos...

Si fueres venezolano entenderías el twitt de Peñaranda:

"No que tal": Se la tiraban de la gran cosota (Carita de cierren la boca)
    "Simplemente somos los que flinchy": Simplemente somos nosotros
    "La bendición": Porque ya son 12 años que no pueden con nosotros en la categoría..

Ese "No que tal" seguido de la carita esa indica mucho... De cualquier modo, la noticia de lo de "calentar la previa" está desde antes del partido. El cuerpo técnico venezolano se quejó de la situación y hubo entrevistas donde lo confirmaban. Yo me enteré por mi tio que está allá junto a Sergio y ha sido testigo de varios encontronazos.

Es válido acotar que las palabras de mi tío me han hecho sentir una inmensa admiración por Nicolas de la Cruz, que madurez y que don de mando tiene el pelao, se metió a separar, calmó los ánimos de ambas delegaciones en reiteradas ocaciones, y con un muy fuerte grito le dijo a Schiappacasse que se fuera a su pieza (no se que es, pero Schiappacasse respondió obedientemente y se retiró del lobby).

20. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh dear... looks like the Venezuela's senior national team decided to show up to the final instead of the U-20s team which has impressed us so much so far in this tournament. 1-0 to England coming into halftime, but it's been pretty dominate so far. Hopefully Venezuela can up their ante a bit in the 2nd half and get back into this game.

21. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    This thread sure is attracting a lot of controversy for a friggin youth tournament.

@Gerlestat @Daninho777 - ya basta.

Back to sports. Italy beats Uruguay on penalties for third place. England up 1:0 in the final.

22. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    England has been the better team so far, but we can't just sit and defend.

COME ON ENGLAND!

23. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Woodman coming to the rescue again for us.

24. Gerlestat

Gerlestat Member

Manchester United
    Venezuela
    Oct 31, 2011
    Chile
    Club:
    Caracas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Well... I am extremely proud of our guys... Congratulations to all English Fans, great team, great players, but that "pasillo", thanks to English players, they showed respect, they deserved to win in a real closed game...

Proud of my guys!

Marcho Gamgee, glennaldo_sf and W.A.S.P. repped this.
  25. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I was impressed by your guy's stamina. After three straight games of extra time you would think they'd fall apart, but no they kept up the pressure until the final whistle. Our keeper had to make some excellent saves to keep a clean sheet as well. Fair play.