FIFA to Juve: Cease and desist with appeal, or...

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Charge!, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Regardless, Juve is not incorporated through FIFA, it is incorporated through Italian laws. Those laws prevail over and above any membership organization. This issue has an effect over the business of the corporation and if the Italian courts provide redress for this issue, then it has jurisdiction to act.

2. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    I just want the league to start whether thats with Juve or not. I can't wait another 10 or so days.

I hate FIFA, but i cant blame them on this. I'm sure if this sort of thing happened elsewhere they would jump in. FIFA hasn't got involved until now, which has been good, because they've let the country handle this. FIFA governs all the football leagues, so they do have a right to intervine.
    Its time that we played some football. All Juve and other clubs (who are appealing) is doing is holding up the league, its time the clubs and the league moves on from this.

Its not fair if the Italian NT is kicked out, but all i would blame are the clubs involved, not FIFA.

3. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You don't know much about Reggina, do you?

4. forzacagliari

forzacagliari New Member

Aug 5, 2006
    FIFA do not mess about. In July this year all Greek teams were banned (I think on that occaision the Greek Government were interfering with the Greek FA's affairs). The ban was rescinded when the Government stopped whatever it was they were doing.

There is no action taken by FIFA against the clubs or International team but involves the suspension of the offending country's governing football authority. Without a FA that country is not recognised by FIFA/EUFA and therefore its teams (club/international) cannot play in any competition run by those bodies.

5. Nebs

Nebs New Member

May 5, 2004
    Croatia
    Club:
    Zulia FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    That may be so, but was not the point.

The point is that non football authorities jumped into football field, and prosecuted, and found guilty Didulica of a foul that happened in a football game. Yet, FIFA didn't say a word about this dangerous precedent.

Quite hypocritical considering earlier threats towards Greeks, and now Italy.

6. aussie_ascoli

aussie_ascoli Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Bl00dy Australians :D. Should be with Aus if it wasn't f*ckin Farina.

7. rizzuto123

rizzuto123 Member

May 3, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    juve are a joke, man ban this team for 2 years.

the stupid club has caused enough damage to italian football and now even more. if juve get italy banned i don't know what ill do.

juve u assholes. and you supporters of juve, piss off.

8. gothamite

gothamite New Member

Feb 12, 2004
    New York City, natch
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: FIFA to Juve: Cease and desist with appeal, or...

Nonsense.

I don't understand this bizarre persecution mentality. Juve got caught cheating, and now they want to play the victim.

9. bspsoccer

bspsoccer Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Jan 25, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    how do you really feel?

10. Mattbro

Mattbro Member+

Sep 21, 2001

I saw that foul live! Albeit from the nosebleed seats. It was a really ugly foul by Kung Fu Joey. Nonetheless, I remember thinking it was overkill how they tried him in court for it.

11. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I came here to see how the italian fans were responding to the news about the bans, and frankly im amazed how many of you are blaming FIFA. This is completely absurd. I suppose they should just stand around and let a the italian FA make a farce of the game. In my opinon they all should have been relegated, but if juve has to be the scapegoat so be it. SOMEBODY must pay. And i was looking forward to that match in the Stade de France on september 6th too. OH well :p

12. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    All the Italian clubs involved were punished more severey than Marseille was for their match fixing scandal in the early 90's. Marseille weren't even punished, in case you forgot. Juve have received the harshest match fixing punishment ever in soccer. I challenge someone to find me a bigger punishment.

/By the way, I'm not a Juve fan.

13. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    *sigh* Yet another round of drop-in posters who read one article and think they possess the insight to comment intelligently on the situation.

14. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Wasn't Marseilles kicked out of the Champions League and relegated?

I wonder who'll get to take Inter and Milan's place.

15. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Marseille were relegated for 'financial irregularities'. They were never punished in France for match fixing.

16. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    Well, neither was Milan, who even got to the Champions League.

17. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Milan was docked 30 pts from their final point total last season and will start at -8 this season. The 30 pts meant they had to qualify for the CL instead of entering it automatically.

18. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Milan was still punished though. They will start this season with a point deduction. In France, Marseille did not get any sanctions due to match fixing.

19. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Marseille lost their french title. And Tapie was accused of fixing one match not an entire ********ing season.

20. Fan123

Fan123 Member

Jun 3, 2006
    They still got into the qualifying round, that's a shocker. No one else, Lazio or Fiorentina or Juventus or Marseille got that chance.

What is a -8 gonna do to AC Milan? That's like a "no-no" warning, slap on the wrist at best. The worst they'll probably do is 3rd or 4th place this season and go to the Champions League again, that is, if Italy escapes ban. It's like a joke.

Now I just want to see what happens if Inter and Milan gets kicked out. Maybe some team from 3rd qualifying round will go through.

21. narduch

narduch New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Do you have reading comprehension problems? Marseille were punished for financial irregularities.

Why is that so hard for you to understand.

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point to ONE game that was fixed.

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I actually think this whole banning episode will be good for Juve in the long run.

Seriously I think the club directors and management were taking Juve down a path that neither the fans or players wanted to be. For example just read about what Del Piero had to say about Capello post departure.

Juve has a chance to turn over a new leaf in its history; I think once they return to Serie A they will be inclined to re-establish their prominence as a footballing power by instilling the hardworking tenacity of Juve workmanship combined with the allure of up-and-comming quality players.
    It won't happen in a flash, infact it may take them several years but thats how rebuilding goes.

The most important asset to Juve is the enormous fan base that they have who are the fuel for their success in every sense. Once the economic parts are back in place then Juve will be on its way to former glory.

I'm pleased this has happened and not in the synical apsect like most people here have expressed. I no longer have to hope that when Juventus is announced as a Sunday morning feature that they actually play football and not the rubbish they have been incorporating in their overall game for the better part of the last 7 years.

Here's hoping that Serie A becomes a more dynamic/attacking league as a product of the calciopoli and Juve follow suite as part of their re-emergence for the future.

24. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    Sorry but your post totally missed the point.

FIFA NEVER claim they are the SOLE authority in events taken place during football/soccer games, but they don’t want their authority undermined by another authority. In other words, if local authority wants to charge someone’s fragrant foul (beyond the red card/suspension based on FIFA rules) is one thing, but if someone files a law suit in local court to rescind the red card and suspension, then FIFA would have a big problem with it.

FIFA have to protect the authority of its by-laws and rules/regulations. Otherwise, there will be no FIFA. Seriously, do you think any association (sport or otherwise) can survive if it freely allows anyone to file law suits to challenge every single disciplinary action?

On the other hand, if you think just because someone is playing in a FIFA (or anyone) sanctioned soccer game, he could be above the law, you really have no clues of reality.

25. Metros#1

Metros#1 New Member

May 14, 2001
    NJ
    On the other hand, Juve is a member of an association, so it has to respect the association’s rules/regulations and procedures. If the proper procedure was followed, even if the outcome was not favorable, Juve should abide the decision.

It’s a very slippery slope to meddle it with civil law suits. If the authority of FIGC gets undermined, how can it dish out disciplinary actions in the future? It’s rather short sighted for Juve. After all, as much as people like to bad-mouth football associations, a toothless and powerless FIGC will be really bad for Juve as well.