FIFA DATE: Ecuador vs. Venezuela- September

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by efernandez9, Aug 24, 2010.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You make a really good point...their guys have more experience than our guys...most of the guys that played-Checa, Caicedo, Paredes, Arroyo, J. Ayovi, Banguera, Nazareno, Minda, de Jesus, Rojas, Montero are getting their chances now, they were overlooked at in the past or only recently started performing well. They all have caps that I can count with my fingers. The thing to remember here is that we are begining a process, we are trying out new guys and we still have a lot more to try out, Jairo Campos is gonna get his shot at CB (at least I hope so), and someother youngsters are gonna get looks too-Guerrero, Bolanos, Batioja are gonna get their chances. Its gonna take some time before we have an idea on who is going to form the base of the NT that will play the WCQ for Brazil 2014. And even then there going to be talented guys who show up on the radar. The good thing the Federation is doing is scheduling friendlies. Hopefully with some continuity they can learn to play with each other.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    The original point I was making was misunderstood by our Argentinian friend.

My point was that unfortunately for Venezuela, it will be hard for them to develop a strong football tradition since football is the #2 sport in their country. In my opinion, that is something that will limit their ability to become a truly competitive side in South America. For that very reason, not even a fool would consider them as strong as Ecuador, despite recent head-to-head results.

Otherwise, Venezuela is a large and relatively rich country (for South American standards), and if football was their passion they would probably have one of the best teams in the region.

3. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Deja Vu all over again. We can have this same discussion in November. Ecuador will play Venezuela "AGAIN" for the second time in 3 months in Quito. WTF? We also played Mexico twice this year is there any other countries we can play friendlies with?

4. PABLITO

PABLITO Member

Jun 11, 2007

here's the link

http://www.futbolecuador.com/stories/publica/16123

5. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'm with you Pablito...we might as well get used to it, the only countries we play firendlies against are Col, Mex, and Ven. Its ridiculous already...I thought it was a good idea to play Col and Ven. at least once this year so we can see how we match up in anticipation for the Copa America, but twice...you run the risk of showing them all your cards.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    they're running risks as well so it doesn't matter