FIFA DATE: Ecuador vs Mexico -September 4, 2010, Guadalajara

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by efernandez9, Aug 17, 2010.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    You have some valid points...knowleadgeble people will agree in consensus that Ecuador is not the worst country in SA. But like you said...the rankings can affect the perceptions of people and how people view our league, our players, and ultimately our NT.

2. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Americans are ignorant about the sport. It pisses me off to even know they have an opinion. They shouldn't be entitled to have one when it comes to this.

3. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    lol....

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    eso era 10 temporadas atraz
    imposible que sean tan brutos y no entiendan el futbol continental donde viven......lo que si es cierto es que sus prioridades en las ultimas 3 copas america, no ha sido exactamente este certamen. Para ellos es mas importante la copa de Oro, pues les premia un pase al mundial de clubes.....la reputacion detras de una copa america no les interesa.

hace unos an`os lei por alli, que los managers de Inglaterra, tenian como regla (no escrita) no jugar amistosos con equipos con un ranking FIFA malo, unos decian del 20 para abajo.......pero en esos dias jugaron amistoso con colombia en USA y mas tarde con egipto:)

us saben si eso es cierto?

5. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Overall a good performance... Noboa was a beast, he was everywhere, distributed the balll well he really impressed..... Quiroz did alright, but I hope we can find a better d-mid, what happened to Castillo? The dfense was good and bad.... Checa seemed to clear every cross he was good in that aspect he also did a good job of tackling and anticipatin passes. If not for the own goal and getting caught out of position a few times I'd say he could be our starting CB. Caicedo wasn't as involved I'm not sure about him but I think Campos should play there. Paredes is pretty good but I'm not sure yet if he can be the man at RB, he let some runs in behind him and could've cost us. Ayovi was really good and covered in defense when needed and attacked when necessary another beast.... Benitez and Ayovi seem to make a good partnership, I just hope Benitez can continue to improve his finishing cuz he had atleast 2 clear chances he missed.... Valencia was alright but I feel he is not well right now he needs to pick his game up he hasn't been too imprsive at MU either I know he was key in both goals but he is capable of much more.... No Montero that really surprised me, I have a feeling he would've carved through the Mexican team like Benitez since he has similar skills but hopefully he will start tomorrow.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    you serious?? Americans are biased about futbol teams and will go according to fifas ranking or FIFA 10 for ps3 ratings. Ask a gringo if they know who the hell Antonio Valenica or Edison Mendez are. They'll be clueless. Ask them who Alexis Sanchez or Ivan Cordova are and they'll probably tell u it's the name of the guy that mows their lawn (no offense). At most they'll know who Messi and Kaka are. They favor everything based on popularity.

7. pepe pancho

pepe pancho Member

May 30, 2009
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    American futbol fans will pretty much think that any player Brazilian or Argentinian is the best, but a player from any other South AMerican team doesn't exist to them or isn't very known to them, and this is speaking according to "biased" American fans. They do judge on the populrity of something to rate it good.

8. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not bad for a country that has made a quarter Final in a World Cup and have reached the semi-final of a Copa America in their first two tries.

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Yeah - but on both occasions, guess who they had to beat to get there???

MEXICO!!!

2002 WC Round of 16 - USA 2 - Mexico 0
    1995 Copa America Quarterfinals - USA 0 - Mexico 0 (penalties USA 4 - Mexico 1)

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ECOS DEL PARTIDO EN GUADALAJARA -September 4, 2010, Guadalajara

ese TokE de suerte es indispensable en cada presentacion.

reputacion no basta.....

pks in final wc94???
    in any case, the gringos I meet on the pitch every saturday seem to be getting more and more info about the world of soccer......they do follow EPL and MLS....that helps

11. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So what is Ecuador's record against mexico again? and Ecuador lost to mexico back in the 02 World Cup. The point is, noone should generalize a Populations lack of futbol knowledge. It could come back and bite you in the ass. The US Fan are not "BIAS" about ecuadorian futbol or South american futbol, they just don't give a shit. There's a difference.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    ECOS DEL PARTIDO-- Ecuador vs Mexico -September 4, 2010, Guadalajara

I have to agree to that 100%

simple as that:)

13. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: ECOS DEL PARTIDO-- Ecuador vs Mexico -September 4, 2010, Guadalajara

I have to agree with argie guy for the first time. And we shouldn't give a sh!t that they don't give a sh!t.

14. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Yeah but when these people that don't give a shit pretend like they do give a shit, without realizing that they don't know shit, b9d goes apeshit.

15. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Well - back to the original point, we do need to give a shit about things like the FIFA rankings, because they impact the nation's footballing reputation. Not just in the USA, but throughout the world, it makes a difference if people see Ecuador in the 30's instead of the 50's, and particularly within South America, where by any reasonable assessment we should be considered currently as equals to Uruguay, Chile and Colombia and a step above Bolivia, Peru and Venezuela.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Yeah I have to agree...at the end of the day it boils down to access...most Americans won't buy the latin american package to watch espn deportes and fox sports en espanol and it's a small market for demand here...except hardcore fans or immigrants

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I'd rather watch Fox Soccer Channel now than espn deportes or fox sports en espanol. Most of their programing is dedicated towards mexicans.

18. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    True that, and Goltv is pretty solid too.

19. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I can't even watch any basketball or baseball news on Fox sports or ESPN without them slipping some mexican futbol cock down your throat like people really give a shit.

Half time: Argentina 3 - Spain 0

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fox Sports VIVO is where it's at... Fox Sports en Espanol is all mexican commentators talking about the bicentenario and cuahutemoc blanco acting like a 5 yr old idiot in that show he has. La Hora de Cuahutemoc or however you spell it...can't even stand un segundo de esa verg*

21. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lol :D

22. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I don't go apeshit, it's just annoying to have someone comment about something that they are totally unaware of. Especially when the comments discredit/insult a team that has talent. When I don't know sh*t about a team or even a sport I'd rather not comment then run my mouth like I'm knowledgeable of it.

23. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    This game was real good but could have been way better if we had Ibarra and Hurtado playing instead of Checa and Paredes. Checa is just average while Paredes has amazing speed and wins a lot of takles but his markin sucks, he often lost the players he was suppose to mark and left his position leaving Valencia to defend, this is because paredes is a winger not a right back. Caicedo was average as well. Quiroz and Noboa showed great partnership in cm. I was pist off that Montero wasn't starting on the left but the I found out he was sick.
    Great game for Valencia, Benitez and the two Ayovi's as well. Banguera is average.

24. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

LOL.. I know, I was just trying to make a funny comment.

PS: Feel free to say "shit" to your heart's content. It's not censored.

25. Gourcuff_07

Gourcuff_07 Member

Sep 6, 2010
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ecuador player ratings against mexico

Ecuador vs Mexico
    Banguera 6.5- Made some decent saves in the second half.

Paredes 4.5- always lost the player he was suppose to mark and didn't conect with Valencia

Checa 4- By far Ecuador's worse player ended up conceeding an own goal.

Caicedo 4.5- bad performance, showed his lack of pace and had trouble taklng

Ayovi 7- The best defender in the squad was solid defending and going forward

Valencia 8- Great performance by Valencia tore Guardado and Salcido apart, ended the game with 2 assists creatong both goals.

Noboa 7- worked extremely well alongside Quiroz did well recuperating and distributing but lost his footing a few times due to the field conditions.

Quiroz 7.5- had perhaps his best game ever for the national team showed his strength brilliantly by winning battles in the mf and often fed good balls forwards.

Arroyo 6- Didn't cause much of an impact as he is capable of but had a few good runs down the left.

Ayovi 7.5- Brilliant Debut for Ayovi scoring a goal and taking part in the first. Made good things off possesion when he had the ball

Benitez 8.5- Man of the match performance for Benitez. Scored the first goal in 32 seconds and was a constant threat to all the mexican defenders had 3 other chances to score but was denied by a great gk (Guillermo Ochoa)