FIFA 2021 U20 World Cup discussion

Discussion in 'England' started by BarryfromEastenders, Nov 19, 2020.

1. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Players born between 1 January 2001 and 31 December 2005 are eligible to compete in the tournament.

ChristianSur and Marcho Gamgee repped this.
  2. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    #2 BarryfromEastenders, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    I thought I would make this thread now considering the squad might be a mix of the age groups.

Teams usually pick 35 players in provisional squads and then eventually pick 21 players to take to the tournament (has to be 3 keepers included in finals squad).

3. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    #3 Marcho Gamgee, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    Hopefully Covid is in decline by the time these finals come round so Clubs will be releasing their players and actually due to the timings of the finals I’m guessing most Countries will be able to field near full strength teams.

I guess for us, decisions will have to be made about some of the Under 21 players whether it’s worth playing for the U21’s or go with the U20’s but I would guess Bellingham and Musiala will go with the U21’s? Maybe Musah might be tempted with the U20 World Cup but pretty sure I read yesterday that Boothroyd could be dangling a carrot for the U21’s also. Lee Buchanan and Rhys Williams are also options from the U21’s. I don’t really know where you would start in regard to picking this Squad but I would think the final squad should be pretty stacked with talent.

roverman and BarryfromEastenders repped this.
  4. roverman

roverman Member+

Dec 22, 2001
  5. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Pretty short tournament thread :(:ROFLMAO:

6. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    That’s a shame but predictable to be honest. Shame though, as so many players are going to miss out on youth tournament football but as a leveller at least it’s across the board World wide and not just our boys missing out on the experience.

roverman and BarryfromEastenders repped this.