FIFA 2005: Good Youth picks

Discussion in 'Games' started by dunkel, Nov 29, 2004.

1. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    anyone have any good youth picks. it takes forever to search through teams for young talent. i am in my fourth season and i am now with chelsea. players are seeming a bit old. i picked up some mid 20s. Tevez and a few others.

is there a thread for this i am missing?

2. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Chelsea that's tough, I'm in my fifth season and second with PSV. DMB developed really well. I bought Nilmar, from his club in Brazil, in my fourth season and in the fifth he's now a four star player and very good. Chad Marshall is a good player for me at a PSV level but he might be only a good backup at Chelsea. I also picked up a young Brazilian from Brazil named Marcelinho, I think he was computer generated though.

3. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is where scouting budget comes in. It took a while but in my third season once my staff was finally one star, they discovered a 19 yr old who came in and started for me at Chester as we made our run towards winning the Coca Cola Championship - next year it's on to the Prem, hopefully with some new young studs

4. 11Redknapp15

11Redknapp15 Red Card

Nov 30, 2003
    Fla - SC - Eire
    Try either the Korean League for some young,unknown cheap talent or try the French 2nd league.

I built up Plymouth Argyle using those two leagues as main infulx of players and now Plymouth is up in the Premiership.

5. Pottertons

Pottertons New Member

May 28, 2003
    Canada_GTA
    Talent?
    Depends on what you are looking for. For example, I tend to find that the more skillful players are in places like Brazil, Argentina, Spain and Holland.

the more solid players, that you would probably use for you CB's and DM's are usually in Germany, Sweden, Belgium and a few others.

Don't know of any specific young talents so far, but my best advice is to rack up the stars in the "scouting" team.

Or.....go on to the Fifa football UK site. The guys on the forums there, will be able to help you out.

6. wcgcapone

wcgcapone Member

Feb 6, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juliano Haus Da Silva at Club America starts the game as a 19 (18?) year old CAM and he's like 3.5 stars to start off with. Hard to get him to move though. I coached a season there and then went to Rangers but he wouldn't accept my offer. Have any of you played in the SPL? I got turned down by a lot of Brazilians with the comment that they didn't feel that the SPL was an apporpriate level of competition for them...

7. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    that dude is real, he plays for Hertha Berlin in the Bundesliga and is one of the top scorers

[​IMG]

8. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I dont know if you would consider Adriano a Youth, but you should get him. He is young and already has a high rating.

9. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    I picked up Maxi Lopez from River Plate for about 20K. He's a stud. He's about the same age as his two countrymen, Tevez and Saviola, but he's a hell of a lot cheaper then those other two.

I found some good young defenders in Brazil, I was looking for a left back I think, but none of them wanted to join me in MLS. I ended up with some dude from Sao Paulo and found some other CB in Serie B for relatively cheap. It sucked because I was midway through the season when I made a bunch of changes and it backfired on me because I didn't realize how important depth was and I lost a bunch of games and got sacked :eek:

Now, I started over and am much better. And I got Maxi Lopez back :D

10. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    I know about that Marcelinho But I'm pretty sure the one I bought from the Brazilian League is different, in 2007 he was only 19 so it has to be a different guy. Go for Nilmar though, I bought him for 26,000 or so and by the end of my second season with him in 2009 he was at a 92 skill level. Chad Marshall is also solid by this time.

11. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    i personally prefer to sell the squad down to 18 players and buy one really good player
    and basically play 10 crap guys and 1 good guy who is the target man
    it works for me

12. el payaso

el payaso New Member

Jul 30, 2004
    san francisco
    So I got tired of the computer ripping me off with new talent.

I had 8 stars in scouting and only one of my good players was replaced by a "decent" new player.

I created a bunch of players and spread them throughout the second league teams in the game - i made them 14 years old - so the next time the computer jacks me I can find a replacement.

13. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I found a couple good prospects in the game, in Olympiakos there's a forward that's only 20 years old, his name is Nery Castillo, and he has an overall rating of 75 or 76.
    In Atlas of Mexico, there's a brazilian forward, De Pinho, he's only 23 and he has a rating of 75 I believe. I played a couple of seasons with Atlas and brought over Castillo to partner up with the De Pinho, I had a killer offense.
    Another good young forward I found was Mauro Rosales in Ajax, he was only 24 when I got him and his rating is at like 77, another good deal.
    I got all of these players for under 20k each, so I think it was a good deal

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    If you've actually seen Nery Castillo play, you'd know hes not a good prospect.

15. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    Obefami Martins, of Inter, is very young and very talented. It's hard to get them to sell him though.

16. cdpconrad2119

cdpconrad2119 Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Maryland
    if you want a good youth defender, go to the Belgian league to Anderlecht and sign Anthony Vanden Borre

17. gvfatlas

gvfatlas Member

Oct 6, 2004
    GDL
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I never said he was a good prospect in real life, just in the game. I've seen him play a couple times for Olympiakos, he's not very good even though one of the times I saw him play he scored a goal, it was against Galatasaray I think.

Another good youth player I found was De Long from Ajax, he's a defender with a rating of 77 and he's only 19 years old.
    Another good youth talent I found is Kompany from Anderlecht in Belgium.

18. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Yes, Vincent Kompany is a great player.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Ya, now that I've played Fifa 05 a bit it seems like it's still only good for actually playing a game. The management side of things still third rate. It's got a LONG, LONG way to go on that side of things.

20. Jon Pall

Jon Pall Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 29, 2003
    Washington D.C/Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Do yourselves a favor and sign Diego from Brazil's Internacional. That kid is awesome! The team has three good kids, Nilmar, Diego, and his twin Diogo. But Diego has really blown me away in the game, such ballcontrol...he is also a very promising prospect in real-life.

21. Jegao Paraiba

Jegao Paraiba Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Morgantown, WV
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vanney has done me a lot of good as a Defensive Mid.
    He's also young and affordable and has great endurance so you can forget about that position for about 6 years after buying him.
    He was my best early buy.
    I invested about all of my upgrade points on the Finance Dept. (well not really all of them). Players get cheaper to buy and you get more money for a win.
    My policy has been to sell all of the old guys when they are around 32. That way I don't have to count on my super weak scouts to do my purchasing work for me.

22. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
    I'm playing Livingston right now and most good players reject my offers. Even mediocre virtually unknowns! But guess who I snapped up? David Bellion and Diego Forlan! Forlan was a steal at 84 skill rating. I think I still prefer the bidding of 04 and actually paying 'money' not points! I find the French and Spanish leagues good for young talent. I found Micheal Eissen of Lyon at 84 skill only 22! Pretty neat.

23. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
    Worked for me when I played as Swansea in 04. Bought David Bellion and he did wonders!

24. essie_majedi

essie_majedi New Member

Jan 21, 2005
    So. Cal
    ok i found cristoffer brannstrom at Sundvall. i think hes the cheapest player in the game but he definatly one of the best players in the game

25. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I found that Oguchi Onyewu (Gooch) is a very nice pick up. He's not exactly a youth, but he's not old either. I signed him about two years into my career (I think he was 2.5-3? stars) but what I liked about him is that his defensive positioning/marking are excellent in the game--better than some defenders with more rating stars. Because of his lower overall star rating, he doesn't cost a whole lot, but you get a lot from him. Plus (even in the game) he has decent body size.