Fifa 2004 (ncr)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Nov 4, 2003.

1. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I've always been disappointed with the way that EA handles the MLS ratings, names, positioning, etc. It's a real disgrace, but I doubt they really care since most of their revenue isn't associated with MLS.

2. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    I'm willing to bet they have a randomizer for making MLS stats

3. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Not only is everything about this wrong, but they misspelled Ueltschey (hard to spell anyway) and we don't even have Trevor.

There's gotta be something better....wishing Konami could have kept the MLS ExtraTime games afloat...

4. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Actually I think that's Zak's spelling unless EA think Jeff Cunningham is a Cvnt too.

5. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    doesn't everybody?

6. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was talking about the positions. I know about the mis-spelling.

7. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Uh yeah sure...

[​IMG]

8. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have FIFA 2003 for my PC. I'm interested in getting 2004, but haven't yet.

I'm interested in knowing how FIFA 2004 handles rankings of teams and players...particularly American. I've noticed that EA tends to unfairly rank American players who play in Europe much higher than those who play State-side. Does the 2004 edition improve on the crap that 2003 had for US and MLS players?

What is McBride? He was in the 50s in 2003, but I'm hoping his successful stint in the EPL last year opened the eyes of the EA game makers.

Do EA finally realize that Brad Freidel is one of the top 3 or so keepers in the world? He was ranked in the 70s in '03, I hope he's in the 90s in 04.

How does 2004 rank Tim Howard?

Landon Donovan? (I hope they increased his passing rankings...in life he's a much better passer than he is in FIFA 03)

Carlos Ruiz? (he was ranked a crappy 52ish in 03)

Finally, what do they rank the US Nats? Do they have us way behind Mexico again, in the mediocre range? If they were to go by real FIFA rankings, they would have us ranked around 10th best...

9. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cypha,

I heard that EA ranks MLS against the EPL, Serie A, etc. Since those leagues are better in quality than MLS, that's where the crappy MLS rankings come from.

10. Robbiegoal

Robbiegoal Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they got Cunningham as the best on the team so they got that right. What pisses me off though is after Cunningham Mais is the leading scorer on my team.

11. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I understand that when it comes to team rankings...but there are a number of individual players that are ranked unfairly low, and I'm talking about comparing them to players in the top leagues. McBride's loan success in the EPL last year proves my point. I just like it how EA slights these guys, oh well.