Fifa 2003 news and info

Discussion in 'Games' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 2, 2002.

1. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    I'm sure most of you are like me and love the Fifa series... I know it has it short commings and we can debate which is better then the Fifa series but since EA sports has the main strangle hold on the US market..all we can do is look towards the future and see what 2003 has in store for us.

So far it seems like EA Sports is putting the money and effort behind this one, that normally go's to MAdden, NHL, etc...

Anyhow with that being stated here's what's on tap so far for 2003Fifa.

This may be long.. so my bad to those of you who get sucked in.........

The newest news to come out of the EA Sports camp in Vancouver is , digital formatting used to give a realistic look to players faces...Right now they have the digital aspect hooked up to the European clubs in the Championship Mode, Champions League....here's a list of those teams that will be in the Championship mode...everyplayer on these teams will or should have a striking resembelance to their real faces.

Here's the list :
    Holland :
    Ajax Amsterdam

Spain :
    Real Madrid
    FC Valencia
    FC Barcelona

Germany :
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Bayern München
    Borussia Dortmund

Turkey :
    Galatasaray Istanbul

Italy :
    AS Roma
    Inter Milan
    Juventus Turin

England :
    Arsenal London
    Manchester United
    FC Liverpool

France :
    Olympique Lyon
    Paris St. Germain
    RC Lens

Belgium :
    RSC Anderlecht

Also , another exciting aspect is that all of those teams above will have their stadiums digitally done, so now it will actually look like your playing in Anfield, Parc De Princes, etc....

Now as for the leagues that will be included so far it seems that there will the same leagues as last year, with the addition of the Portugese 1st division. The Dutch League looks to be a now show again this year, except for the big 3, Ajax, Feyenoord and PSV which will be added into the " rest of the world " catagory. Some reports have EA including 19 leagues..but as of now the reports of having 16 teams far out weighs those that claim 19.

I'm not too good at explaining how game engines run and so forth so here is how the new game engine will run... defined rather well from a friend....

Total Gameplay Experience - FIFA Football 2003 introduces a completely re-worked AI engine that focuses on three new enhancements; team play, team tactics and real player attributes. Use the advantage of playing as a team to break down the opposition with precision passing and quality finishing. Face the onslaught of an opposing team 1-0 down in the 80th minute as they throw all their players upfront. And experience the challenge provided by the individual strengths and skills of European football’s top stars.

*Total Ball Control - A fundamental change in the control of the ball including shooting, dribbling, and passing results in more natural gameplay - with deflections, missed headers and scrambled goals reflecting the real nature of football.

*Free Kick/Set Piece Control - Dead ball situations are a pivotal part of the real game. FIFA Football 2003 incorporates a new interface that requires the level of skill and strategy that has allowed stars like Roberto Carlos to shine in the real world. A new set-piece dynamic provides complete control over the power and swerve of free kicks. Find the angle, find the sweet spot and find the top corner.

... I have a few pics of what Fifa 2003 should look like but I have no clue as in how to post pics on here....

That's all I can mnuster up right now, but once something else comes out, I promise to spread the good news here first.

So far this game is shaping up to be what Fifa should of been ... finally they've put in the money and time that the other EA SPorts games get...should be a cracker this year.

2. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    I've heard much of this before. My first question is will there be some kind of franchise/dynasty mode that uses some realisim and ages players (I don't include the 2001 version where you could string together like 3 seasons).
    FIFA 2001 for PS2 was supposed to be revolutionary and may have been a step backwards in all honesty....the game was so simply...cross, header, goal. You had to make a concerned effort to stay away from the corners because if you got one it was basically a goal. FIFA 2002 had some improvements, the new passing engine was a step in the right direction, but it still had many of the problems of its prior game. WC 2002 again made a big step in the right direction, but honestly a rehaul of the engine is needed. Instead of two tackling options they need to at least double it, jamming on "conservative tackle" all game will annoy you quickly. Same goes for shooting and passing, it is just so hard to turn the soccer experience into a video game because of the value of a goal....

3. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    What I don't like about the game is the fact how unrealistic the economics of it are. You can win the league, cup, and Champions League and you don't get a penny more. It's not fun just winning over and over if you can't improve your squad and bring a small club to become a power.

4. jp77

jp77 New Member

Apr 18, 2002
    USA- CT
    I thought the new passing system on Fifa 2002 sucked, I bought World Tour 2002 and I love the passing, it's like Fifa 2001

5. Playable Back

Playable Back New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    Well, then I certainly won't be looking into WT Soccer 2002.

6. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York

[​IMG]

The PS2 pics from soccergaming.com.

Just quote me to see the syntax for posting a picture.

7. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    BTW, the graphic sucks on PS2, hope it looks better on the computer.
    The game play for WC2002 was alright, except for the difficulty levels, none was suited for most people.

8. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    did they not have the promotion/relegation thing for FIFA2002?

will they do it for FIFA 2003?

I liked the new passing system alot better and I hope World Tour Soccer's passing is not as silly as the older FIFA games passing.

9. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

I hope it comes out for the comupter. NCAA Football 2003 isn't.:(

10. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    When is it due out?

11. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where's the real Milan?

12. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    will there be any mls teams on fifa 2003? also i would love to see a commercial with some of the best intl(Ronaldo, Beckham, Zizou, etc) and mls(Donovan, Beasly, Mathis, etc) doing the I am...
    comercial to promote the game just like they did with madden and nba. it would not only promote the game but maybe the sport as well

13. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    I'd love to see a franchise option. I also wouldn't mind seeing the indoor option return. I used to love playing the indoor option every now and then. I know it's not all that likely with the FIFA series, but one thing I'd love to see is a soccer game based around the American game. Put out a game with MLS, MFL, the A-League and WUSA, with another group called the rest of the world containing the top clubs from the big leagues in the world. Give it a franchise feature and focus on the leagues and players most important to American fans. I don't know if they would have the support for it, but it's a game I'd love to see.

JMac

14. bloodybloke18

bloodybloke18 New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    illinois
    this is my favorite fifa game.

i know this topic is old. really old. but, i have been playing this game soo much. it was the last game before they changed alot with 2004.

my juventus team was soo good. i had 67 goals with edgar david on world class.

i love this game to death!

15. chopsuey12

chopsuey12 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Wow, pretty good kid. I scored 110 goals with Jared Borgetti (Bolton Wanderers) in the FIFA 05 series. I remember playing that series but i never got into manager mode i just played around with freindlies. Really good game.