FIAT to sponsor Juventus?

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Matteo4Azzurri, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Has anyone else heard that we will see Fiat on Juve's shirts next season?

2. Juventastico

Juventastico New Member

Jan 20, 2007
    Canada
    Tuttospot had a mock up of what the Juve jersey would look like with the FIAT logo on it last week. It actually wasn't to bad. However the whole point of a sponsor is to gather an external source of cash. The Agnelli's (Elkan) would just be paying themselves.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've seen FIAT sponsor some clubs in South America but never in Italy. I'm not sure if this has ever happened before. Maybe they can't find anyone to sponsor them at the present time because they are in Serie B? I don't get it. I always believed or thought that the Agnelli family didn't want to have a conflict of interest because they own both Juventus and Fiat so they would always get outside sponsors, I.E. Ariston, Tele+ , Sony etc.

4. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
    Link?

I alwayas thought the Vespa logo would look allsome.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's all but been confirmed that New Holland will be on the kits. Tamoil will stay until the end of the season and then New Holland will start in the summer. No official statement yet, but rumors are that it will be a four year deal worth €10 million per season. Another rumor is that it will be 12 million in season one then an increasing amount subsequent years.

New Holland will appear on the Serie A and Coppa Italia jerseys. When Juve returns to European competition look for the FIAT logo on those jerseys.

here's New Hollands logo

[​IMG]

Not so sure how it would look on the jersey, but as long as they're giving money I don't really care.

Here's a quick mock up I did using this seasons jersey

[​IMG]

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "New Holland"? What kind of sponsor is that? Never heard of it before...

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess he means this:
    New Holland has been in business for over 100 years. In 1999 we launched our construction equipment brand at ConExpo with 53 new machines for the North American market. Today, as a successful growing global company, New Holland designs and manufactures construction equipment for North America and worldwide markets.

http://construction.newholland.com/home.aspx?RL=ENNA

8. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sounds like a decent deal. Isn't that almost what we were getting from Tamoil?

Either way, I'm happy that's over with. Getting a good sponsor will help us build a good team for Serie A :)

EDIT: I found out New Holland is a part of CNH Global, which is a part of the FIAT group.

9. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't remember specifics with Tamoil, but I do know it was one of the largest per year. I'd say somewhere near 20 mill euros a year.

I sure hope that New Holland logo isn't on the kit. Perhaps if it just read "New Holland" without that ugly tree-looking thing. Blue with black and white looks like crap or like Newcastle, which is crap in and of itself.

10. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yea, I'm not very fond of New Hollands logo either. But, it's not about how it looks on the shirt, its about the money we get from them to put great player IN the Juve shirt.

11. rossgreen

rossgreen Member

Jul 16, 2006
    Austin
  12. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    I wish it was the Fiat logo on the shirts, we need something with class.. the last few ones have ruined the shirts.

Tamoil looked awful so did the Sky Sports one. I don't understand why the colour of the Tamoil logo wasn't changed for the Juve shirt... the less ugly the shirts are, the more people will buy them and the more people would see that company's name.

If I had my choice, and money wasn't an issue the shirts would have non at all.. like Palermo's this season.

13. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'm not sure that most people conjure an image of class when it comes to FIAT.

14. Matteo4Azzurri

Sep 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol

whatever the case.... if it brings Juve a strong team to field next season, I'm all for it.

15. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan
    [​IMG]
    Cmon, thats classy. :p

16. Del P

Del P New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Portland
    I for one actually dont mind the tree logo. But the best ever was the Liberte Digitale D+ shirt from about 10 years ago...I agree with Matteo4Azzurri tho, its all about the $$ - 33 mil euros over what, 3 years? not as good as the tamoil contract i think but thats no surprise after the scandal. I think this logo will look better than the tamoil ones...