FFLO 2006/2007 season.

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by Clan, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    It's back...:)

http://www.fflo.com/cgi-bin/ff/ff.pl

The season recap is quite interesting - *shameless plug because I'm mentioned several times :D

I'm willing to bet, that in a few seasons, maybe even less, this game will replace the official Prem one as thee game to play.

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    New Rules

1. Full appearence time is changed to 75 minutes.
    2. Points for a goal is now 4.
    3. Private leagues can alter the point scoring system and choose to include EPL, Championship or both.
    5. OP/UP rules are changed to 6 games/3 games.
    6. 20 players max to squads, max 2 from any real life team

Damn, it's going to be tougher this season.

3. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    You know I checked that site a couple days ago to see if anything was happenin', and found nothing new. Now this.

This was fun, but could be better with active managers. Same as FPL I guess. Hope we can get more converts.

4. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I'll return for another go.

I'm hoping we can have a 16 team single table division of the managers in our fantasy.premierleague Small Rocks and Very Small Rocks draft leagues. That will give us the single table that Michel was asking for.

5. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm in this year... especially since I probably wont be able to participate "live" in the premier league site draft.

6. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yep, I'm in. Looking forward to playing 'Urine Encrusted Rain' again in the all-league cup. Our job this season is to get Bayern Overcoat.

7. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not quite, because with Premier League and the Championship to choose from there's more players to go round; although we do have have larger squads in FFLO. :D

I thought 16 managers with fifteen player teams would be a challenge for the twenty team Premier League game; the idea being that all players would need to be picked and twelve teams would be stuck with real reserve keepers.

Maybe we can get twenty teams in the FFLO.

8. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Scoring Changes

========================
    Private leagues can alter the point scoring system and choose to include EPL, Championship or both.
    ========================

:D

Currently, the scores are:
    What changes do we want?

I don't know how flexible this feature will be but my thinking is along the lines of......

1. Bring playing time bonus down to 60 minutes.

2. If possible, add 1 point for Midfield clean sheet at 60 mins; maybe 2 points at 75 minutes (like an extra bonus for defending midfielders who play all the time but never assist or score, if we could do that).

3. It would be nice if we could increase points depending on playing position for goals scored: Striker 3 points, Midfielder 4 points, Defender/Keeper 6 points.

4. Likewise with assists: Striker 2 points, Midfield 3 points, Defender/Keeper 4 points.

5. Red card: -4 points

6. Concede penalty: -3 points

7. Score penalty: only 2 points

8. Player winning penalty: 1 point

9. Concede two goals: Goalkeeper -1 point (must play 60 minutes).

10. Concede three goals: Goalkeeper -2 points, Defender - 1 point (must play 60 minutes).

11. Concede four goals: Goalkeeper -3 points, Defenders -2 points, Midfielders -1 point. (must play 60 minutes).

12. Concede five or more goals: Goalkeeper -4 points, Defenders -3 points, Midfielders -2 points, Striker -1 point (must play 60 minutes).

13. Unlucky for some, if a player is on the selected team and doesn't play: -1 point. If it's the goalkeeper, -2 points.

Double captain bonus would also be good; Assistant manager can't pick a captain.

[Now where's the official forum gone].

9. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Missed this league last year and I remember it sounded in many ways like the better of the two -- so I'll give it a go this time around if there's room.

I like all of Michel's tweaks to a system I've admittedly never used before, with one exception: I think a scored penalty should be at least as valuable as an assist, which would mean 3 points rather than two. It would be fantastic, and repair one of the major weaknesses of the CYKI game, if we could customize scoring to reward midfielders for shutouts. But I wonder about scoring changes that would require them to track additional stats...

Anyway I'm in and looking forward to using the rookie excuse when I'm out of the running in mid-November.

10. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    My thinking about the penalty being less, is that on most teams it's a sure fire who will take the penalty.

Perhaps three points is better, with -1 point for a penalty miss (Lampard, are you watching?).

Maybe also reduce concede penalty to -2 points.

I'm not sure how flexible our custom scoring will be, so we're just playing with ideas.

11. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  12. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Forum

Wow, that was quick.

A link to forum is now in the menu bar, under FFLO.

13. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Site Wide Cups

While thinking about scoring changes for private leagues and how much flexibility we'll have with them, I posted in the FFLO site forum.

My new concern being:

I know last season, we had site wide cups and hope to see them again..... but if a private league has different scoring systems will default scores then be used in the cups?

This could, of course, cause a conflict in team selection for private league scoring strategies vs site wide default scoring.

:confused:

14. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Re: Larger League

Hal,

Thinking about it, if we want to be competitive in the site-wide Cups, a 20 team league that I mentioned earlier might hurt us.

We really only want 'active' managers anyway and I doubt that many would stay the course.

My brother-in-law said he'll play again (thelimes) but he'll be on holiday during the 'draft' so will get stuck with some AM picks if he gets unlucky with his wish list.

I'll phone him up more often, during the season, to keep him making transfers and pushing for honours.

He usually does good in the European Cups but stacks his teams with too many West Ham players in the Premier League. But that's down to two from each team now.

16. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Customised Private League Scoring - Update

The word from FFLO is.

17. Paul2005

Paul2005 New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    NYC
    Re: Customised Private League Scoring - Update

I'm back of course. I helping out more on the site this year, and if past experience is anything to go by, when I doing work there, my team suffers and I do crap. But we shall see. Go Royals!

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Re: Customised Private League Scoring - Update

Um...I kind of liked the whole site because it didn't do the things that the prem site did.

I'm not in favour of 'captains' or 'bonus' points at all.

Thats what was unique about that particular site - the scoring was pure.
    It was damn hard to get over 30 points - the way it should be.
    40 points was usually exceptional.

But, whatever, it'll all be good I suppose.

19. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Whats the maximum teams allowed in a private league?

Paul - who doesn't participate in our other leagues, must have a spot in this one, being a past player.
    Only right, no?

20. djangone

djangone Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Los Feliz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He should participate in the FPL. C'mon Paul!

21. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We now know the answer.
    We now have 8 Teams:
    magun (Me)
    binney (Stewart, Hammers fan who works with my brother-in-law)
    thelimes (David, said brother-in-law; also Hammers fan)
    djangone
    Clanblue
    Paul2005
    vegas2u
    Trollpop (Hal)

So with two more managers we have a private league..... and there's a maximum of six spots left; on a first come first served basis.

22. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Are you kidding? Paul is the MAN. A great player and a great source of information about what's going on within FFLO. Although with Reading in the EPL his focus will likely change to 1st division players. Being in the "BIGS" and all.

By the way, I think allowing a max of 2 from a team will have an interesting impact on the draft. Your "list" will have to be long enough to include the possibility that you have reached the 2 player limit in an earlier phase. It appears the AM will make your pick if the players you have listed are not eligible. And I assume the AM will be no better at making a draft pick than he was at picking a team.

So no going negative when your defender gives up goals? Did I read that correctly? What a relief! Going into Sunday with a couple active defenders was a real crap shoot. You'd look like you were doing OK, then the shutout would go away, -5, then another minus and you would finish Sunday with less that you started.

23. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Make it nine: I claimed my place, just haven't had the chance to add into the league yet.

24. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I believe Cannon and Lobo also expressed an interest in joining this year too.

25. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I sent a message to Cannon.