FESL - Florida Elite Soccer League

Discussion in 'Soccer in the USA' started by JRedknapp11, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    [​IMG]
    www.FESLSoccer.com

Orlando FC Tryouts -

Just a reminder... Orlando F.C. will be holding tryouts on Sunday April 13th @10:00 am. Tryouts will take place at Chain of Lakes Middleschool Soccer Complex. For more information visit FESLSoccer.com or contact the club, orlandofc@live.com.

[​IMG]

2008 Metro Cities Cup -

The FESL is currently undergoing final negotiations with a North American club to play in this season's Metro Cities Cup. More information is scheduled to be released this week.

2008 FESL Schedule -

The 2008 FESL schedule will be made final this up and coming week. A few clubs have finished their negotiations will their respective stadium owners and as such the schedule will be completed over the course of the next few days.

2008 FESL All-Star Match -

August 9th, Lawnwood Stadium (Ft.Pierce) 7:30pm is the slated date/time for this season's inaugural FESL All-Star match. The 2008 All-Stars will be facing off against a special TBA guest club. FESL Supporters will be given a chance to vote for their favorite hometown stars via the league website & match day ballotts. More details will be released on this season's All-Star match in the coming weeks.

For more news on the above and other breaking club & league news, visit www.FESLSoccer.com and select the news page.

2. Bambu

Bambu New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Ok i got some breaking news regarding the Okechobee team.

The comissioner finaly responded to my email this is what he wrote me.

" Hello Antonio, I'm sorry to say that Okeechobee will be taking one year off. The FESL will return to Okeechobee next season.

The Galleons, Orlando F.C. and West Palm Beach will all be holding tryouts. For more information, visit www.FESLSoccer.com and click on the registration or news page for more information.

Thanks again for your interest and we look forward to seeing you out on the pitch in 2008.

--- FESL Soccer

So West Pal Beach here i come....lol

3. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    [​IMG]
    www.FESLSoccer.com

[​IMG]

Palm Beach S.C. 2008 tryouts :

Palm Beach S.C. will be holding tryouts on Saturday April 19th @12:00 pm. Tryouts will take place at Burns Road Soccer Complex, Palm Beach Gardens.

Players can register themselves through the registration page on the league website to save $5.

4. jdbutler

jdbutler New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    car pool from Miami anyone? if anyone is in Miami who is going to tryouts, maybe a bit of practice before Saturday at flamingo park, south beach. i am goalkeeper so strikers can get some shooting practice.

5. Bambu

Bambu New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Ok im definetly going to the West Palm Beach tryouts.

a jdbutler i live in north miami, that practice is a good idea.

check your inbox .

6. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    RE: the trip to the Miami/Battery match. Thanks for the directions, Red, I just got them too late. I used the TP to connect with 75/826. Coming back I stayed on 826 into 95.

It was an exciting match, and worth the trip.

I'll try your way next time down.

Is there a target date for the FESL to begin play this season?

7. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Saturday, May 10
    West Palm Beach F.C.Treasure Coast Galleons7:35 PM - South County Stadium
    Space Coast StrikersOrlando F.C.7:35 PM - Orlando
    Palmeiras F.C.FESL 1

8. Bambu

Bambu New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    People if you live in the southern florida area, try to come out for the west palm beach fesl team tryout.

9. rapidsfan2004

rapidsfan2004 New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    redknapp11 you said this was a semi pro league so how much do the players in this league get paid?
    thanks

10. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Glad you had a good time, Miami FC isn't all that bad of an experience. Just wait and you'll get a great taste of Metro when Miami FC plays inside the Orange Bowl. As to the directions... I was incorrect with my suggestions.. this is the best way to go... Turnpike South - I-95 (after pro player stadium) - US1 (I-95 turns into US1) - right turn off of US 1 onto Bird Road/976 (street is also called sw40th ave). Tropical Park will be on your left 3 miles down the road. This way avoids the Palmetto which is horrible and 95 is a crap shoot north of the Turnpike interchange as it's forever closed down for bad accidents, plus you have the easy on/off for food/gas with the rest stops on the Turnpike... it's no Vince Lombardi Rest Stop but they'll do the trick.

As to the league... kick off is May 10.

11. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Quick update on the Palm Beach tryouts... it's 10am - 12pm. My apologies, I had written the ending time down instead of the correct 10am start up.

12. Bambu

Bambu New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    They get paid the joy and happiness of playing the game, in my opinion thats more than any amount of $'s....

Thanx for the update red, the website also says 12pm, i had plan in being there 2 hrs early anyway:p

13. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Who's the player who went to the tryouts for West Palm Beach that took the tri rail system to get to the pitch ?

If this player in question is on bigsoccer, you need to contact me..... hats off to your efforts !

14. jdbutler

jdbutler New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    Hi redknapp11, yes i woke up at 4am to catch the tri-rail from miami to west palm beach. Although a disappointing turn out for the tryouts i was still extremely happy with the quality of the coaching staff, and the few players that turned up.

and thanks again bambu for the ride back to the station :)

15. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    [​IMG]
    www.FESLSoccer.com

[​IMG]

Palm Beach S.C. 2008 tryouts :

The acclaimed Palm Beach Academy, led by Floridian soccer icon Gary Walker, will be holding open tryouts for adult and young adult players to play in their newly formed FESL club team, Palm Beach Academy Soccer Club- Palm Beach A.S.C.. Tryouts will take place Saturday May 3rd from 10 am - 12:00 pm. at Burns Road Soccer Complex, Palm Beach Gardens.

Players can register themselves through the registration page on the FESL league website, www.FESLSoccer.com, to save $5 ($15).

16. Bambu

Bambu New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    No problem JDbutler, that was some great goalkeeping u was doing against my freekicks:)
    Make sure you call me on the 3rd so i can pick u up, no more waking up at 4am for you

17. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    [​IMG]

Palm Beach A.S.C. News/Update

Palm Beach A.S.C. grabs two big names -

Club President & Head Coach of Palm Beach Academy Gary Walker announced he will be bringing in European legends Ian Bishop & Jari Rantanen as apart of their 2008 FESL club team. Jari will be holding the position of assitant coach with midfielding legend Ian Bishop acting as a player/coach.

Ian Bishop -

Former English Premier League player with Manchester City, West Ham United, Bournemouth FC & MLS All-Star with the Miami Fusion.

Jari Rantanen -

UEFA " A' Licensed Former Head Coach of FinnPa Finland. Former Professional Player HJK Helsinki , Finn Pa , PK - 35 Helsinki, Finland, Estriol, Portugal, Beerschot Antwerpen, Belgium, IFK Gottenburg, Sweden, Leicester City, England.

18. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like this league is catching momentum, hope the attendance gets better

19. jdbutler

jdbutler New Member

Mar 28, 2008
    west palm beach tryouts has changed time again. 4pm-6pm

20. Bambu

Bambu New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Thanx Jd

Thats a perfect time

21. augie

augie Member

Mar 22, 2000
    St. John, USVI
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? No love for the Space Coast Strikers? :rolleyes:

I've seen the guys working out during tryouts the last couple of weeks, but the squad is probably not anywhere close to being finished just yet.

22. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Nick Lane & Coach Richards put out a great team last season and I'm positive that this season's club will be even more lethal.

Last season the Galleons n Strikers worked up a pretty good rivalry,I'd expect to see more of the same this season.

[​IMG]

23. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    FLORIDA ELITE SOCCER LEAGUE UPDATE
    www.FESLSoccer.com

Formerly known as FESL1 - Boca Raton Gunners S.C.

[​IMG]

Team Boca, one of the top organizations within the state of Florida if not the entire U.S. will be joining the FESL for the 2008 season. Team Boca, Boca Raton Gunners, will be playing most of their home matches within the FAU soccer complex in Boca Raton.... more details on the Gunners home matches will be released within the week.

Team Boca will led on the field by former two former South African Internationals.

*[​IMG]Player/coach Mike Arajuo, recently appointed as the Lynn University assistant coach, Arajuo has also starred on the pitch in his native South Africa where he was captain of the South African U-18 team & national team member. Michael was also a member of the College of Boca Raton (now Lynn Univ.) National Championship Team. After college he went on to play Professional Soccer for twelve years in the U.S., Africa, Europe, Canada, and N. Ireland, including three seasons with the Cincinnati Silverbacks and Sacramento Kicks indoor professional soccer teams. He was selected to the CSL All-Star team and was chosen as the MVP of the South African Super bowl in 1998

*[​IMG]The Gunners second addition is former MLS standout and South African National Team member, Ivan McKinley. A two-time All American at Lynn University, Ivan had a stellar college career with 35 goals and 25 assists in 75 games, leading Lynn to their first National Championship. He then went on to play professionally for the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers from 1991- 1994. From S. Florida he traveled next to Switzerland where he played for First Division Neufchatel Xamex. Having had an extremely impressive season in Switzerland he was drafted in 1996 by the Tampa Bay Mutiny in the first round of the inaugural Major League Soccer draft. Ivan's MLS career finished up with McKinley being one of the most consistant players of his era, where he managed over 15 MLS Player of the week awards.

24. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait til Tampa or St. Pete get a team...

25. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    Looking forward to the match on the 1oth vs. PBFC. I hope there is a generous turnout of area fans to kick off the season.