Ferrari: Sampdoria v. Empoli, 1/21/2007

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by ElRoss425, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sampdoria coach Walter Novellino has called up the squad for the Coppa Italia semi-final first leg against Inter and Ferrari has been included.

Portieri. Di Gennaro, Zotti.

Difensori. Accardi, Bastrini, Maggio, Pieri, Sala, Zenoni.

Centrocampisti. P. Castellazzi, Da Mota, Delvecchio, Franceschini, Palombo, Soddimo.

Attaccanti. Bazzani, Bonazzoli, Ferrari, Flachi, Quagliarella.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice. Ferrari's been reved up from getting a seat on the bench ,now let's see if he can kick it in 5th gear and get some minutes! That was terible, I should neg rep myself for being that cheesey! :D

3. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huss needs to write a program that automatically neg reps for this. If Ferrari has even a half-way decent career, every single newbie for hte next 10 years will think that he or she is the first one to come up with those analogies . . . it'll be worse than all the dead kittens.;)

4. RevsFunk

RevsFunk New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Boston
    This sounds awesome, my only worry is that these kids might go the rossi rout and attempt to play for the italian national team. From their names, it sounds like they must have atleast one italian parent. It would be a shame if they did.

p.s. not to sidetrack, but is their any chance rossi plays for the U.S. national team if he doesn't get called for the italy senior team soon?

5. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Think about this - Nate Jaqua and Eddie Johnson are deemed to have a "good camp", which gets them starting spots vs. Denmark ... except pretty much everyone can see during the game itself that those two guys are incompetent on this level.

So what exactly was the "Hardworking Bob*" looking at?

* The moniker is TM of Ghost.

6. malicia

malicia New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    a cold dark place
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Here's your good news:

full article here
    snowball in hell. he wants Italy, has been clear about it, played with the Azzurrini and will get called up.

7. Ferrari is unmistakeably a New Yorker and I would be suprised if he wanted to play for Italy or Brazil rather then the US. The good thing about him is that although he is a great player he maintains alot of humility. I dont see him turning into an Eddie Johnson or something like that. He has a good attitude.
    In terms of his skills and why american "scouts" didnt see him, the Metrostars knew he was good but they couldnt offer him enough.
    In my opinion his greatest asset is his raw ability. He cant be beaten on his first step and then he is strong for someone his age so he cant be pushed off the ball. He has a wicked shot as well. Technically i think his ball control is good but nothing special but that is something that can be worked on. he seems to have pretty good vision too. I think he has the right qualities to become a great player, so much potential.

Forget about Rosi, if he does not want us, why do we want him?

8. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you sir scare me :)

FWIW, i have seen Jaqua do some nice technical stuff once in a while... Jitters might have played a role with him, i reckon....

EJ is just playing like crap right now....and has for a while, so he needs to recover a semblance of quality for his club before suiting up for the Nats, and i feel Bob will not call him again till then...

9. CalcioROSA007

CalcioROSA007 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    MILANO
    why would rossi play for america...what has the USMT done for him. he became what he is now because of europe. england and italy. so therefore he should play for italy. its only right.

ferrari will probably end up getting called for a USMT camp, last i heard he said he wants to play for the states.

Bernardo has played in the past with the U15 national team and he went to many camps, last talking to him he says he wants to play for the US and is waiting for a call so he can get a chance to play the U17 World cup

10. golazo68

golazo68 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 21, 2004
    Brazil
    I think that's a bit exaggerated. He left here at 13 or 14, so this country had a material part to play in both his soccer growth and his growth as a human being.

Having said, let him choose Italy if he wants. Don't be surprised, though, Guiseppi how quickly you can get dropped, or how quickly it can turn on ya' (its pretty amazing the hype after his goal Saturday in the rags. Beats anything written about Mathis around here :) )

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Because the Italian national team did so much for him?

I'm one of those that is fine for Rossi to play where he wishes, but the idea that the Italian national team "earned" him is, of course, absurd.

WE changed his diapers. WE kept him in pablum and binkys. WE suckled him on the heaving teat of opportunity and freedom! And don't you EVER forget it Olde Europe! (think he's small now - how tall do you think he'd be without all the hormones in our milk!?)

12. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why does everything revert back to Rossi? This is about Fererri!

13. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suddenly I'm starving for a slice of apple pie and a cheap handgun. This almost brought tears to my eyes.

14. malicia

malicia New Member

Sep 11, 2006
    a cold dark place
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Which is why I posted that interview with Ferrari...but it doesn't seem like folks read that. Arguing about Rossi is more amusing, I suppose.

Think I'll take my slice of pie with a sawed-off pump action. ;)

15. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA
    I'll second the lets leave Rossi out of this.

Actually, lets remember that this is a GAME THREAD about the game between Sampdoria and Empoli played on the 21st of January, 2007.

If the posts aren't related to the events of that game, there is probably a better place for them.

16. CalcioROSA007

CalcioROSA007 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    MILANO

try to interview rossi too. andif you can try to get in touch with Bernardo. lets see what they have to say.