Ferguson speaks some sense about Rooney

Discussion in 'England' started by sinner78, Nov 20, 2004.

1. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4026297.stm

I think Ferguson is correct with his comments in this article.

"The Spanish recognised that and very time he went into a challenge they surrounded him and the referee. It was obvious they wanted him out the road, they knew fine well he was the main danger to them."

Gary neville also get it right when he says..

"But there seems to be this circus thing with England where everything is blown out of proportion. I am not talking about racism but about every single little thing."

Good comments .Better than all the hysterical garbage in the papers.

2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ferguson is absolutely right, but then he's seen this with his other players before. Beckham being a good example, but Keane was also a target at certain times. I think the fact Rooney plays for Man Utd now makes him an added target, unfortunately. Raised his profile, made other players and fans more bitter towards him.

I'm sure he'll be alright, but he'll have to be very careful around teams who are more than happy to go to ground and feign injury at the slightest hint of a challenge, like the Argentines and Spanish. If on top of that he gets a weak ref like that one in this friendly, or that tall danish bloke, then it could be trouble.

3. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Neville knows best. ALWAYS.

4. petersoccer

petersoccer Red Card

Dec 2, 2004
    Mississauga,Ontario
    He did act like a spoiled brat.