Fergie's at it again

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by nicephoras, Dec 5, 2004.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Chelsea will have a blip.

Hehehehe. Does SAF remember the last time he tried this with Mourinho? Didn't he end up red faced? Well, even more so than usual. ;)

2. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Not much else he can do really.
    As i pointed out on the Man U boards to our dear friends, wonderful and all as their recent return to some sort of decent form is, it isn't doing them a jot of good as we continue to roll along.

In fact, even after yesterdays results all round, we increased our position of strength at the top by increasing our goal difference over our rivals :p

Effectively, we're 4 games ahead of them at this moment in time!

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    ...and people think Wenger's an ass :rolleyes: ...Fergie makes pyscho babble a yearly routine in his repatoire (and how Manure fans idolize this...you'd really have to ask them).

Mourinho is too strong in mind to pull a Keegan. With two league titles under his belt with Porto, a Uefa cup and a Champions league to boot, the players look up to his leadership, so how Fergie thinks the players will choke is a bit moot if their under the control and direction of Jose.

Plus, I'd say the hunger in Lampard, Terry, Eidur, Robben, Drogba, Duff and Cech, coupled with big title expierence of Makalele, Carvahlo, Ferreira, and Geremi makes the red nosed Scot's comments a bit trite.

That's why even though Wenger's diatribes can be a bit absurd, he's at least concentrating on what Arsenal have to do. Fergie's inferiority complex makes it a guarantee that inane comments are always thrown about.

Looking forward to Mourinho's response (but it wouldnt surprise me if he is too smart to do just that) as well as Wenger walking away quietly and stealing the spoils :D

4. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Its true though, Chelsea will wobble. Yes Mor bloke made Fergie red faced, but that was due to him running around like a prat, and some blind linesman I'd of thought. There is some bubble developing around Chelsea similar to what happened with Arsenal, lots of media hype of winning the... wait for it 'Quadrupple' LOL. Its all going rosey for 'Mr Cool'. But you can see he looses his rag a la Keegan. Remember the bus comments about Spurs etc, that was plain right dissing. He has no right to act all Mr Big and how dare they defend, he's new here and has it all to proove. I do think he's a funny bloke, and prefer him to that AW.

5. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Of course, lets not overlook the obvious while we're all at it.

I mean, whos too say that United will not have another run of poor form this season, putting them even further behind!

6. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    I hope not. We're starting to look stronger though. It will be a good race I think.

7. The Rage

The Rage New Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Edmonton
    That's exactly right. Alot of Man U fans are saying they're right back in it, but the fact don't bear that out (unless you believe they were always in it). They're biggest deficit this year was 11 or 12 points, and now they're 9 points back. A huge improvment? Umm....no.

8. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    You have to play Arsenal home and away and us again. Fergie is trying to plant a seed of doubt, and its working because you're talking about it.

9. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So? *We're* talking about it, but I believe that neither Jose nor any of the boys are losing one moment of sleep over it.

Perhaps Fergie should fret a bit more about his own team's standing. ;)

10. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Or perhaps he should fret about the fact that their midfield is weak and can't control play, that O'Shea is shot and Silvestre is crap. It may sound funny but I honestly think Man U misses David Beckham. I think he brought more than crosses to the field. I think he brought confidence and leadership that they are missing now. Beckham calmed the team and allowed the to relax. That's just my two cents and I'll probably get flamed for praising Beckham, I just think he's better than his detractors say. I think he gets flack only because he's an easy target.

11. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    LOL. Beckham is old hat, and did little towards the last part of his OT career. We're past that part. Midfield weak LOL, so:

Giggs-----Scholes------Keane------Ronaldo

are weak? You gotta go back to footy school. No seriously go back LOL.

12. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Umm he actually praised Chelsea aswell you know. I think he is stating the obvious. Spanner in the works!

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    What obvious? You mean like Arsenal's poor run of form last year? Wait, they never had one in the league. Oh yeah.

14. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Yup. Three has beens and one never will be.

15. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Damn, beat me to it.

16. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    Gosh who is the never will be? All of them all have alot of skill and talent. You are taking the mic.

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Being as you didn't comment about how I said O'Shea and Silvestre are crap, I'll take that as you agree??

Like I said, Beckham is an easy target because he's the media darling. It's like picking on an amputee and all you can come up with is, "Ha ha you have no arm!" Real original. Maybe you should consider the fact that Fergie never replinished and aging squad with the correct players and that he should have sold Giggs or Scholes instead of Beckham.

18. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    LOL You haven't won the league in 55 years is it and now you lot are the shiznit pmsl. In case you haven't been watching, Scholes has been scoring every game recently; check out the papers in England and you'll find plenty of reports on how Giggs looks far from past it. OK so he might not 19 anymore but he's as fit as a fiddle. The one im concerned about most is Keane. The statement about one of Europes brightest teenage talents is laughable LOL, cheers.

19. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    It says something about 'I must spread some rep'.

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The one trick pony of the North. Sir Dives-A-Lot.

21. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    You could also take the opposite. Now your really making me laugh with regards to selling the ginger prince. Paul Scholes just gets on with it, Buckham had a massive media circus surrounding him, he even admitted it affected his play.

22. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I guess I would have to go to the stable to see the pony.

23. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Taking the mic? Where? :confused: Its right by my computer!
    As for who the never will be is, its Mr. "my 17 stepovers allow the defense to catch up on our counterattacks". And no, I'm not referring to Roy Keane.

24. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Ooooh, I'm sorry if I'm not ever so impressed by your fabulous victories over the might of Charlton (at home), Soton (at home) and WBA (ooh, an away win!). And despite that, you're still 9 points behind? Looks like your midfield's just that damn good.

25. United Forever

Apr 16, 2004
    Barbados
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Barbados
    I think you mean a certain 19 year old that wears number 7 that even Robben admitted to love watching play ahead of Holland's match during Euro 04 against Portugal.