Ferdinand to Chelsea?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Clan, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
  2. starman1994

starman1994 New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    Malaysia
    Don't think that Fergie will let him go even for 20million pounds I'm afraid. We don't need another DC that would crock every now and then, that'll just add to our problems.

3. BrianJ 22

BrianJ 22 New Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Australia
    Fergie already sold veron to you guys for a lot less than we paid lazio.

I don't think Fergie would sell for 20 pounds because the fans are already pissed after big names like beckham and veron.

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is Ferdinand better than Gallas or Terry on present form? I'm not even sure he's better than Desailly at the moment.

I can see all the stuff about a big squad and all that but I think there's a limit to how many disgruntled high quality players you can keep on the side-lines and expect them to perform when they do get a chance. I think in the past that's been teams like Inter's problem.

Ayala is a possibility because he's another one similar to Desailly in that he's a great defender who's only got a limited 'shelf-life' but another absolutely top flight, (most of the time), CD - I don't know. I think that Ayala (if we get him), Huth and Desailly provide enough cover for 2 CD's.

I like Ferdinand - after all, he's a Peckham boy too and we have to stick together... But I'm just not sure he's right for us at the moment.