Felipe Caicedo

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by ecuafutbolfreak, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Felipe Caicedo - Official Thread

If you think the Mexican league is not that good (true) and Benitez is overated (false) than Benitez just proved it since he was voted the best striker in mexico winning over Humberto Suazo and Salvador Cabanas and your Hugo Rodallega. What has Rodallega done in Mexico? And don't give me this He's was at a bad club bullshit because he is on his way to a Medicore Club in Wigan. So he better step up to the plate. That's for sure, The Mexican League is awful for anyone who wants to go to Europe. I think they payed 2 million for benitez.

I already posted those stats.

Hugo Rodallega 33 goals in 98 games in mexico

Christian benitez 24 goals in 49 Games in mexico

Well lets just says Colombians better pray Antonio Valencia Doesn't leave to Real Madrid because he is the main one that feeds all the Strikers at Wigan. Palacios is gone and if Valencia leave and think Wigan is done. and i have a feeling We are going to be back here saying "I told you so about Hugo"

anyways. So is Felipe Caicedo going to Fulham? I haven't heard anything.

2. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Here in the UK, last we heard was that the parties had entered transfer talks regarding Caicedo's switch, and things were looking promising. That was on the 22nd of Jan, and everything has been silent ever since.

Regarding Rodallega, the transfer fee that Wigan have paid for the player was actually 4.5 million.

3. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Overrated means that nobody, I mean nobody is willing to pay the price that Santos is asking for him, period.

4. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

No, that would be overpriced. You don't know whether anyone is willing to pay his asking price because Benitez is not currently on the market.

5. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

well said....

6. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Argentine Futbol, you always have a solid unbiased analysis so what do you think of the possible Caicedo move? I really hope he does it just to get out of the mess of City if nothing else. I could smell the shite off of Hughes the moment he was announced. After losing Bullard I think Fulham would be great for Caicedo.

7. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

well, it would be a great move. if he moves and starts than we will know if he can play in the EPL. but as i right now, no one can predict just how good or bad felipe is. it would be alot easier for him at Man city because of the quality of players around him. If he suceeds at Fulham than he is the real deal and Ecuador will have a quality forward for the next 10 years.

8. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Wigan vs Liverpool NEWS

If anybody is interested Hugo Rodallega made his debut for Wigan today, this in the game against Liverpool. He came on in the 77th minute, replacing Zaki, who had a very poor game. In the 13+ minutes that Rodallega had to shine, he played very well. He made one great turn in the game before making a cross, and more importantly he hit the crossbar with Reina beaten. Good Debut for the Columbian. Fellow newcomer Striker Mido scored on his debut, from the penalty spot, this to make the final score, Wigan 1 - 1 Liverpool.

9. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

this belongs in the colombian forum, not here.

10. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I just thought I would let people know how he got in his debut, this since he has been mentioned quite a bit in the Ecuador section, and he was the alternative signing to Benitez, which of course didnt happen.

11. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

When you do go to the Colombian forums, make sure you spell "Colombian" correctly, to avoid getting flamed by the Colombians. ;)

12. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Hello my friend GW Emperor you are always very welcomed in the Colombian Forum too.

And thanks for the information, it agrees with all we were saying here about Roda's transfer to Wigan.;)

(Ecuadorians are a little bit upset with colombians lately, don't bother:D)

13. Spencer

Spencer Member

Mar 11, 2002
    Quito
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

It's good to see that Wigan had someone to fall back on when Benitez got injured:D He would have been a hell of a forward for Wigan, he is on a different level than Rodallega. Too bad about the injury but if he keeps playing like he has always plays, he will be in Europe next season for sure.
    But I wish Rodallega luck and I hope he does good and finishes and doesnt waste Valencia's fine servings;)

14. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, good for Rodallega. He should not waste Valencia's passes ... like a poster said before. But, looks like he won't have Valencia's help. Valencia is inches away from being a Real Madrid player. They are drooling for him over there. I don't ever see Rodallega going to a big club. He is not even on Benitez's level, let alone Valencia's.

And about Benitez, yea he was Wigan's first and best option. If he wasn't injured, Rodallega would still be in Mexico instead of Benitez. But next season we'll see him in Europe count on that.

15. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

We'll see I'll quote this one in june...;)

16. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Can we keep posts regarding Colombian players on the Colombian forums? Thanks!

17. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Felipe Caicedo would be great in power club that's not one of the three giants in the EPL !

18. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Man City 2-1 Newcastle

Felipe Caicedo came on in the 90th minute. woohoo. :cool:

19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

You don't have to go to the Colombian forums for this. Feel free to stay in the Ecuador forums but instead post Wigan news under the Luis Antonio Valencia thread, since he actually plays there.

20. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I for one am rooting for great success for Rodallega, because if he does well, then Benitez price will go up.

21. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I'm not sure the two would be all that relevant, to be honest...:confused:

22. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Player valuations are made using comparisons (among other things), so if Rodallega does well in England, then Benitez, who was player of the season last Clausura in Mexico, logically has every reason to also do well.

Mexico frankly doesn't have a great track record of selling players to Europe, so the better these players do, the more options it opens up for Mexico to be seen as a proving ground.

23. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

where in the hell do you come up with this crap? WTF does one player have to do with another? and from a different country to boot. benitez might go there and not like the weather, food and women. Zura already prove that he rather live in that shithole El chota than live in a 1st world country like Australia.

it will never happen. first they overprice their foreigner player like cheap merchants. and a proving ground? Mexico? thanks for the laugh...

24. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006

Oyeron a su papa? Los regana y todo.:D

25. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Don't you have some footballer to assassinate?