Feirense x Sporting CP | Liga NOS 2017/2018 | 5a Jornada

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by OndaVerde, Sep 5, 2017.

1. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Wow dodged a huge bullet there

2. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Wow... speechless... these are not the type of breaks we usually get lol

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    GAME OVER 3 points in the bag, 5-0 on the season

Like I said before, you have to be made of steel to be a Sporting fan

vilafria repped this.
  4. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    3-2 Final! Dost makes no mistake on the late penalty to win it. Enjoy the weekend guys hahah

5. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    My Dost jersey just cleared customs yesterday :D

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Oh and the PK was justified in case they replay it over and over during the week.

The kind of win that Champions are made of.

Dost with balls of steel to convert the PK

7. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Announcer sounded so depressed about he PK. Trio do Attaque going to analyze everything baout. Fat f*ck Guerra will say it was dive. The tabloids going to say we're lucky and we suck.

Eat a fat dick, Portugal. Somos fortes. Somos grandes.

8. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017

Your right! Growing up a Sporting fan has given me a heart of steel :D

9. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Very softly tucked it into the bottom corner. My heart sunk when it left his foot thought it was headed wide/for post. But Dost is money from the spot

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Try being a San Francisco Giants fan. THAT'S torture.

11. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Haha Bas Dost wasn't supposed to take the PK because he was screwing them up in practice yesterday, Fernandes was the coaches pick ......But they didn't listen to JJ

:D

12. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Kind of glad they didn't, Bruno completely whiffed that free kick moments earlier

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They must have realized JJ's going senile when he prefers Alan over Iuri or Doumbia so they just went with their gut

14. Sporting4eva

Sporting4eva New Member

Jul 14, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It's taken at least a few years off my life but totally worth it.. FORCA SPORTING.. we are getting the breaks of champions..btw, is coentrao ok or what?

15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Had to leave for a meeting at the 94th minute. Did not expect to come back to this!

We gotta start putting games away earlier though

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol just gotta wait for the next even year

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Post match press conference & Highlights:

vilafria repped this.
  18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    My Player Ratings:

Patricio: The captain today - he conceded 2 goals but did well to prevent a 3rd. 6.5/10

Piccini: Injured after 22 minutes, can't really evaluate his performance, curious to see if he'll be out for a while.

Coates: Defensively wasn't at his best (the international break affected him I think) but offensively scored the crucial first goal and won the PK which gives him an 8/10

Mathieu: Had a cheap giveaway in the first half which could've cost us, and could've done more on the tying goal, didn't look sharp. 6/10

Jonathan: I just don't see any growth with this player. At this point I think I'd rather have Zeegelaar as backup to Coentrao. Cheap giveaway in our half resulted in 2-2 and terrible overall. 5/10

Battaglia: For a player who never played RB in training or pre-season, he outperformed his counterpart. Started in front of William in midfield but gladly took the RB spot later. His passing still needs to improve but he's the player every manager wants in their team. 7.5/10

William: One of the best today in the second half when he started pressing higher, his passing quality and strength to hold the midfield together with Bruno Fernandes' creativity could be a winning combo. 8/10

Bruno Fernandes: Another great goal (his 4th), another MOTM performance with his vision and passing quality. Even one touch passes he made today (particularly in the 2nd) seemed so easy. 8.5/10

Acuna: The usual hustle and had a good chance to make it 3-1 in the second half, but looked really fatigued (understandably). 6.5/10

Gelson: Not the best game, difficulty getting around the defenders marking him. 6.5/10

Dost: Cool, calm, collected to give us the winning goal and 3 points. Also was involved with some good movement and passing, although not a lot of chances. 7.5/10

Subs:

Alan Ruiz: If there's one word to describe this player: SLOW. Subbed in surprisingly in the first half and actually coincided with the team getting worse as the pressing in midfield basically stopped after he came on and Feirense outplayed us. A little better in the 2nd but ended up being subbed off in the 81st for Doumbia. 5/10

Iuri: Came on for 10 minutes to try to get the equalizer, I liked what I saw and he even tracked back to defend on a counter. To me he deserves more of a chance (over Alan). 6.5/10

Doumbia: Played last 10 minutes when we needed a goal, but I really hope he gets some more chances than this (I wouldn't be surprised if he starts Tuesday in Greece). 6.5/10

natenate101 and vilafria repped this.
  19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Alan Ruiz has no place in this team. Iuri and Doumbia are both better players.

20. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    He did well while in Argentina on loan. Maybe he's just home sick. If it doesn't work out this time, send him back for good.

21. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Giants fans have had a good run before the past 2 years. Try being an A's fan, now THATS torture. Ha.

Highlights from the match. http://www.okgoals.com/match-highlights-1504908133---33

Quality goal from Bruno. And what's up with Ristovski?

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    The coach said he was too fatigued from the international break, with Piccini possibly out we might see him play on Tuesday vs Olympiakos.

natenate101 repped this.