Feb 10th Blue-Out Rally

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakes4cup, Dec 18, 2005.

1. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yes, you had better use the word ??????? [aasukuekusu] in your message, certainly not the word,??? [jishin]. You need more than that in your message, however, and having been a professional J>E translator for more than 30 years (I absolutely refuse to translate into Japanese), I would consult with a native speaker so that I make sure what I say has impact.
    Oh, crap, this browser doesn't handle them either.

2. towatana

towatana New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    San Jose
    That shoud be クエークス not クエクス. Closer to the pronounciation.
    We Japanese pronounce that way, too.

3. TerremotoFan

TerremotoFan New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    San Jose, Ca
    That's the spirit!!! I'll be there wearing blue, no disrespect intended but that's the way it's gotta be. Through the years the Quakes have contributed mightily to the USMNT.

4. stuinsf

stuinsf Member

Jul 2, 2005
    I'm part of a group of 300 folks who are going to the game, many of us having gone to tons of Quakes games. We brought a bunch of great banners to the "Return of Landycakes" game, from the simple "We hate you." and "Karma served here." to some that were well, not so nice. :)

We would ABSOLUTELY be willing to take on the banners if someone kicked in money for materials. What's the best way to proceed with this?

5. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    How about " EARTHQUAKES 2007 BAY AREA RETURN LIKE IT OR NOT :mad: ! ! ! "

6. QuakesPaPa

QuakesPaPa Member

Feb 10, 2004
    California - Central Valley
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    I wonder if there is any chance we could get the Nats to join in and all wear blue arm bands in support.

7. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    That would really ROCK ! ! ! You think Landy Cakes will luv our presence there ? :eek:

8. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, as long as Cakes isn't playing for the Scum I will root for him! And this game is one occasion where I will. So maybe he will support us. After all, aside from the Nats, the Quakes is the best team Landon has ever played for.

9. atypicalquakesfan

atypicalquakesfan Go Houston!

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    Wow, you live in Tokyo and translate for a living? That sounds like the ultimate dream job. I am not anywhere near at your level, after 30 years you must be completely awesome. If I ever get to visit Tokyo again please let me buy you a beer.

I understand what you mean about translating into Japanese, but still, I wish there were some way to let the Japanese fans at the game know what all the blue was about. That is, of course, if enough of us turn out to make them notice us.

- Holly Ward

10. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    After so much time, it is just like any other job. I am over here temporarily (come over once a year), and will be back in the Bay Area on the 9th of February.

Don't worry about the translation into Japanese. I'm working on it. I have friends in high places. :rolleyes: :D

11. atypicalquakesfan

atypicalquakesfan Go Houston!

Jun 19, 2005
    Silicon Valley
    Thank you - long vowels are always my downfall. Someday I will get it right. :)

- Holly Ward

12. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    "Country before club" = totally wrong? Fine, you win.

13. USAClash

USAClash Member

Feb 9, 1999
    I'm all for pro-Earthquake, anti-AEG signs. However, I don't think the Blue-Out will be very effective considering we're playing Japan. I would expect there to be a lot of Japanese supporters, and I think we'll just look like more of their blue-clad fans.

14. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    Not if you wear a cap or Bandana on your head with the AMERICAN COLORS ! ! ! ! ;)

15. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sorry, you said that. I didn't.

16. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    But we still need to have a Club to be producing these athletes and getting them exposed to a professional league out here in the Bay Area where we are a part of a huge soccer community. Plus all this is in support of soccer not against it. I don't think that wearing the Earthquakes blue will affect it at all, as a matter of fact I hope that the USSF officials take a glance at the damage that AEG is producing with their greediness. I fully understand that if it wasn't for AEG the league :rolleyes: wouldn't exist but I don't think that it was the best approach to deal with this matter because instead of constructing & building a soccer community all they're doing is destroying it ! ! ! :mad:

17. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DO NOT WEAR BLUE.

Wear a white T-shirt with an Earthquakes logo perhaps. But this isn't a Quakes game, it's a Nats game.

18. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    What will that do?

19. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Might work to ameliorate the situation created by AEG's greed; the diminution of trust and belief that the league is doing the right thing.

Oh, BTW. I will wear red to this game: a red San Jose Earthquakes shirt.

20. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    If you guys are serious about this...well, you'd have to write a press release in Japanese and then slip it under the door in the press box where the Japanese TV commentators might read it, then they could explain what you are doing when you do your demonstration.

The Japanese supporters all wear dark blue, so they may think your blue means you are rooting for the Japanese as a protest over losing your team.

As for translating, I have a friend here in Osaka who does it, it is no dream job except for the fact that he works at home.

21. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Sorry Bill, since this went down, I'm all BLUE.

BLUE.

BLUE.

BLUE.

This is an amazing opportunity for a Quakes protest. Just about no one sees us at City Hall, yet here we have national coverage, and the timing is perfect. I'm pretty bummed some of our own fans want to ******** this up when:

*Sam's Army wears red ALL THE TIME against red opponents.
    *This game does NOT matter.
    *We're obviously buying tickets and cheering for the US.
    *You can always wear blue and wave a US flag.

22. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Looks like there's going to be some disagreement here. I will be wearing blue and bring as much Quakes gear as I can. I'll even go one up on you and go even more extreme. I'm making myself a SF Seals flag and you'll see that at SBC Park as well.

23. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe if the game were being held at Spartan. But it's way up in SF. Bring a sign or something, but don't wear blue. Japanese media and fans will think you're cheering for them no matter what else you might bring/wear to indicate otherwise.

24. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Bullsh!t.

As I said, if it wasn't a problem wearing red against China, Wales, Costa Rica, Canada, Trinidad and Tobago, Portugal, South Korea AND Poland... it can't be a problem wearing a Quakes shirt here.

As for location, if we don't consider San Francisco and San Jose as part of the same MLS market, I don't know if we should have a team here yet.

25. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll rally/protest in blue before the game & wear my Quakes hat during the match, but my shirt will be red. Hope you can live with that. Do what you personally feel you must.

Lee