FCKC Preseason 2015

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't think so...Hagen was listed in the original starting line-up, perhaps the coaches made a last minute change or decided they didn't want to do a back 3? Or Hagen had a little knock? I'm not sure but the attack was significantly more diverse when Hagen came in the 2nd half. Probably just experimentation. Groom looked good but in KC's system I think her speed is better utilized on the flanks. And Groom, Bogus, Tymrak all in at the same time is a bit redundant IMO.

2. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not sure, KC had the chance to draft Dydasco and took picks in next years draft instead. I'd be fine with offering up HAO, but we gave up Kallman and Marlborough for her...so Washington would have to being willing to give up quite a bit. And trading Hagen would be a huge mistake...we need her presence during the WWC. I didn't find the tiny/skinny line-up of Bogus-Tymrak-and Groom all that effective. And Groom is good, but I don't think she has the hold-up skills to be a lone-forward in the league just yet.

KC does have 3 second round picks in 2016 and an international slot to sweeten a deal too....

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When and where does FCKC play on Saturday morning April 4th against the colleges? Is it at Lou Fusz Soccer Complex? Is that where the Red Stars will play Univ. of Missouri and Iowa State? I will be there early in the morning before I go to the USWNT game at Busch Stadium and want to see both FCKC scrimmage against the colleges and the Red Stars. Does anyone know the itinerary for this little round-robin get-together? Times and where the games are being played at.

Thank you

4. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    That doesn't mean they made the right move, though. They drafted Streight before Dydasco was picked and she's already gone, whereas Dydasco had already signed with Washington by March 5th, so clearly they made some mistakes in this draft. At this point, I don't think Washington would even agree to trade Dydasco back to KC for those 2 draft picks.

5. FawcettFan14

FawcettFan14 Member+

Mar 19, 2004
    Colorado
    Another premature retirement, this time Kate Deines. FCKC was short on defenders to begin with, and now it's worse. I wonder if Vlakto will consider a 3-5-2?

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is Mandy Laddish getting any playing time?

7. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've only been to the KU game but yes she played on Tuesday night. Subbed in for Averbuch with about 15 or 20 min left in the 2nd half.

8. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Is this season going to be on youtube for reruns?

9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I know it will be the same setup as last year- all non-tv games on YouTube.

10. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Thank you.

11. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I watched FCKC against the college teams. They looked OK, but you can tell it's a different team without Holiday.
    Tymrak looked good and scored right in front of me.
    You guys know I'm a big Sarah Hagen fan, and she has some mad skills and a rocket shot, but it seems to me she will have to get a little more mobile in this league.

They had a FCKC tent there with a couple guys working it but I didn't see give away stuff, uniforms, scarfs for sale, etc., like the Red Stars tent had.

12. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
  14. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    It's especially sad because they dont actually have a DM on the squad and she wasnt even given the chance to make an argument that she belonged on the team.

Myrtle repped this.
  16. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    BlueCrimson and Myrtle repped this.
  17. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    CometsFan your writing is sorely missed on FCKC press releases. They are now confusing and uninformative. But I appreciate you writing for Equalizer so I can get the important info that way. Most interesting tidbit of your piece for me was Huw's 3 goals for the offseason, which were met, but as you alluded to at the expense of the defense. I'm nervous about KC trying a back 3 but I suppose we have to try with so little options. Thanks for the piece.

CometsFan repped this.
  18. CometsFan

CometsFan Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Aww...shucks Myrtle...you're making a grown man blush. The kid doing releases now is still learning...he'll be ok someday. I'm just glad Kassouf still lets me write from time to time.

I think this team will be good from day one, but I'm nervous about the defense as well. I'm not sold on Moros. I only really saw her at KU and it was not a solid performance by any stretch of the imagination. I think she starts the season, but isn't in the starting XI by the season's end.

The 3 back option is interesting. I think Vlatko pulls it out at least once during the WWC, they really like LeP back there by herself. I was impressed with her at KU too.

It's an interesting year. Could be the last one for Buzz, Holiday, ARod and a coming out year for Hagen, Shea and Silva. Plus, I think there is a blockbuster later in the year (bold prediction with no basis whatsoever) that will keep us talking through the offseason.

19. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Interesting your note on Moros. I wasn't excited about her acquisition originally but have tried to keep an open mind. At KU she looked to be in preseason form but I tried to keep an open mind that the 1st time I saw Kallman play I was skeptical but she ended up being a stud. So I'm trying to be positive and not always bash the defense. I too, would feel better if we had another option tho.

I agree, the 3 back option does deserve a look. I'm not convinced it will work in a pro league but as you said, with the short numbers we may have to try it out of necessity. And we do have the coaching staff that can implement it correctly IMO. I did see in Thads article today that Lisenby is back with us, so that's a positive even if she's a bit of a project.

I love Holiday, Arod, and Buz but I understand why this season may be their last. I think the coaching staff has done well with signing the up-and-comers you mentioned as replacement. Especially if Richmond comes back.

You and your teasers...suggesting blockbuster trades. Hopefully, it has to do with us getting a defender, but the rumors will always be Morgan/Leroux. And whoever did the press release on Friday for the club was much better. I didn't recognize the girls name.