FCKC 2016

Discussion in 'KC Current' started by Myrtle, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Everything about KCs route to a 3rd NWSL championship.

kansascity.lincoln repped this.
  2. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not much time to bask in the glory of just winning our 2nd championship in 3 years. Time to talk expansion draft and who you would protect from Orlando. Sermani is familiar with several of our players and I'm still surprised he chose Kling over HAO. But any way...My protected list:

Arod
    Brunn
    Lepeilbet
    Robinson
    Buz (?will she play)
    Tymrak
    Groom
    Laddish
    Averbuch (I picked her over Hagen bc she can play more positions including defense where we are pretty thin)

So Hagen and either Silva/Moros or Rowland get taken by Orlando. I suppose it could be worse. I like Hagen but I think she needs a fresh start somewhere else and TS was a fan in the past.

3. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I don't think he did... since the whole point of picking her is to trade her for Morgan. And in that regard, I don't think the whole trade for Morgan is his doing, but rather comes from the front office.

Myrtle repped this.
  4. NYSPIRITFAN

NYSPIRITFAN New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope someone tells FCKC that it's OK to put two stars on their jerseys. After all, the Thorns have one on theirs. I'm not saying. I'm just saying.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  5. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Leigh Ann Robinson/Brown retires. That really hurts since we had 3 total full backs on our roster and she was among the best in the league. I'm hearing there are more retirement announcements coming too. The back line is looking quite thin.

6. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well the back line was looking thin at the start of the 2015 season as well, but they got through it. They were pretty lucky that there were no injuries and the Averbuch as a CB experiment worked out.

I still think they should've drafted Dydasco. Oh well, maybe they could trade for her now? I know they love their 2nd round picks, but I'd think she could be acquired for one and there aren't really any standout outside backs that I'm aware of in the 2016 class.

7. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    I want to add a gif in response to your second part of your post but don't know how

8. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Just find the gif you want, right click on it and select "Copy Image URL" (depending on your browser the text might be a little different but should say image and url/location). Then (assuming you got it from some place that allows hotlinking*) back in the forums, click on the image icon (to the right of the smily face) and paste it in for the image url.

*if it doesn't (you'd get like a red x or something rather than it showing the image), then you'll need to do an intermediate step and upload it to somewhere like imgur.com. If you use imgur, just click on the blue "upload image" button, and then paste. It should then show the image on the bottom and you can click start upload. Then on the resulting page, right click and copy the image url again and continue to the image icon in the forum.

And hopefully this is not your response to what I just wrote:
    [​IMG]

Blaze20 repped this.
  9. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    [​IMG]

10. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Haha. You just want the Reign to get her, don't you?

[​IMG]

11. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Will that make the Reign your favorite team??

12. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Shhh, don't tell anyone... Yes ;)

13. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm having a hard time letting Dydasco go too. Not only is our back line thin. It's also aging. Would have been nice to have Robinsons replacement learn from her this past season.... Hopefully we try really hard to sign Rafaella Souza as she started for Brazil in the WWC. We did have her rights at one point.

14. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are those second round picks. If anyone is capable of selecting a quality replacement for Robinson in the second round, it would be Vlatko. His track record is really good.

Myrtle repped this.
  15. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm a big Dydasco fan -- and disappointed that she didn't see more action. I'd like to see Seattle get her as a replacement for Cox -- but I won't complain if KC grabs her.

I wonder if Dydasco's size is a factor in her not playing. I went to a Washington game with a friend who didn't know anything about women's soccer and he commented on how frail Dydasco appeared. As an outside back, I don't think size should be a factor.

16. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Well seeing as how Klingenberg is 5'2", I don't think Dydasco being 5'3" will be a problem.

17. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Any word on Buzz?
    Any word on Richmond?
    Without Holiday or Hagen who could play CAM?

Holiday feels irreplaceable.

How about?
    Groom F
    Tymrak LAM
    Silva RAM
    Buzz DM
    Richmond DM

Problem is, still need starting CAM.

Also, why not move Amy to RB, and trade for someone like Ochs for LB? Ochs is an underated and left footed.

18. LucyFearsTheMorningStar

Sep 27, 2015
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    What are KC going to offer Dash for Ochs? She may be underrated but they're thin at backline already and will lose their other starting OB to the Olympics. Unlikely to do that trade without getting more than her worth in a position they need.

19. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ochs has been a rock for Houston's back line, I wouldn't call her underrated.

20. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    - Buz has been resigned and will return next year. No word on Richmond yet though.
    - CAM could be Laddish, we did win the 2015 championship with her at CAM but Holiday did relieve a lot of pressure on her i'm sure. I agree we do need Richmond back though.
    - Defensively we've signed Brittany Taylor and Amanda Frisbie for cover. We know Taylor is solid and Frisbie has the talent (IMO) to be a starting left-back in our system if she can stay healthy.
    - Also Lepeilbet can play outside back...if she returns.

21. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    This for sure. One thing I was thinking of, is with Holiday gone, perhaps they do finally switch to a 4-4-2 with Groom and A-Rod up front, Laddish and Buczkowski in the middle, and Tymrak and Silva outside. Although, if Richmond does come back, that certainly changes things. If she comes back, I could see them sticking with the 4-2-3-1 with Tymrak or Silva as the CAM and the other one + Groom on the wings. Unfortunately, that leaves Laddish without a starting job...

22. Myrtle

Myrtle Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    It's been a little quite around here, which got me thinking. What would an FCKC offseason be without having to replace a starting midfielder, Center back, and left back? We have successfully done it every year...though I realize Holiday, Lepeilbet, and Robinson were studs I'm going to not freak out this offseason. Will we win a championship having to replace all 3 in one season? No, probably not but there's a part of me that's just as excited about what the coaching staff can do with the pending youth movement the next few seasons. Good news is we have acquired Taylor and Frisbie who are good defensive replacements.

Random thoughts:
    - Read an article on SB Nation suggesting that KC will still be making a move or 2 pre college draft. Not sure what we have to give at this point but hopefully we can move up a bit in the draft order.
    - So I'm already expecting Blaze to come in with her "let it go" gif. But...I think Canada allocates Shelina Zadorsky this season as she was on the roster for their latest tourney. What better place for her to go than KC, a place where she's already been in camp and who wouldn't want their up-and-coming center back to train and learn from the best in the world.... Brunn.
    - We have to get Jenna Richmond to play again. Our midfield needs her, I could be wrong but the only midfielder in the college draft that would be better is Rodriguez which is basically impossible to get at the current draft order.
    - Still would love some defensive depth: cue Dydasco talk...as always!
    - Signing Souza who started for Brazil in the Olympics would be nice. Have to have her or Zardarsky IMO.
    - I know we have to replace Moros too, but I do think Frisbie, though may not be better right now does have a higher upside and can be a part of the KC youth movement.

Anything I'm missing?

23. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    [​IMG]

Myrtle repped this.
  24. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    I certainly hope she comes back. She's too good of a player to retire so soon!

Rodriguez is more of an attacking player.

They are going to have a hard time finding someone to replace Richmond in the draft. Probably better to just stick with Bucz and Laddish. They could maybe throw Averbuch in at DM as well, when Brunn isn't with the NT.

Speaking of MFs, though, now would be a good time to get Gorry back... she never really had an opportunity with Holiday there. But now she could be a useful attacking mid.

I'll refrain, or I'd get the let it go gif as well, but you all know my opinion. ;)

Is Bogus going to keep playing now that LePeilbet retired? Is she worth keeping now that LePeilbet retired?

25. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO she's too small to be effective in NWSL.

They might have to hang on to her for at least one more season now.