FCD's mysterious and confusing new signing

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Hitman, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    From out of the blue is the new that The Huntsmen are signing an - CENTER MID.

Colombian attacking-mid Andrés Ricaurte, considered to be one of the best players in the Columbian 1st division is headed to Frisco. Yes, a team with Pax, Jesse, Acosta and a list of other CM's, it appears the club think this guy is for them.

I can only assume this means the club thinks any or some of the above are on their way out in this or the next window - or possibly - this guy is such a baller and better than anyone they currently have, they just can't pass on the chance to add quality. I guess we'll see.

https://3rddegree.net/fc-dallas-transfers-andres-ricaurte-from-deportivo-independiente-medellin

2. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I have no problem improving and even filling the roster spot. I do hope however that it is a precursor to selling at least one of the kids.

It's not sexy or the "big" prove it sale to Europe but Cerillo is not going to get game time. Moving him for say $500k garber bucks shows potential homegrowns that we won't stick you to the bench. You'll play or you'll be moved. I think he can definitely play in MLS, it just won't be here.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Buzz just wrote an article on his thoughts. No more play the kids.

https://3rddegree.net/so-much-for-play-the-kids

Unless they really do win it all this is the wrong approach and could turn off a lot of the few fans they have. I'm not against signing good veterans but it should be at positions of need not to block your best homegrowns. Forward was a position of need they don't need both Jara and Cobra with Ferreira and Pepi. Santos is a luxury - they don't have anyone ready at his level but they have several that might be close by the end of the year with lots of minutes. The Ricaurte signing could end up being the worst. If it keeps Pomykol off the field then fans and young players contemplating signing HG deals will both be upset. Why sign if the best HG can't get minutes - LA Galaxy JR? A great left winger to finally replace Castillo and possibly a top rated CD or Keeper (now that Jesse is gone) would have made sense and not blocked anyone.

4. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Someone else said it but he's a hedge because Pomykal cannot stay healthy and Ferriera is not a 10. Who else is creative in the center of the park that is MLS regular ready? It's not Roberts. Ferriera keeps getting chances but that's not his game. He really should be a 2nd striker. Roberts can't even impress for NTSC and maybe Servania but I'm hoping he pushes Acosta out.

burning247 repped this.